Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Um, so no one knew. Thanks for agreeing with me
    I don't disagree with you over them not exactly knowing what she might do. The only way to know is to ask her.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    And thus three years of our time (and Charles Soule's career) are wasted, and the Inhumans begin their March into fading back into obscurity.

With them getting a push on TV and probably the movies further down the road? Doubt that.

Glad to hear about Medusa stepping up against Emma. Will be getting this later today.

Thanks very much to MindofShadow for the synopsis of the issue. Sounds pretty grim, but at least this storyline has now ended - Thank God.

(Reminds self never to open an IvX discussion thread again )

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I was responding to a claim the battle plans were only there is the X-Men attacked the Inhumans and were not there to protect the cloud. Do you need any further clarification?
    The claim is correct though, the war plan was a contingency. As Medusa herself says she won't start a conflict with the X-Men, but she'd end one.

BANNED

1. Read IvX#1. If you don't want to, here is the relevant line. Beast says "They have battle plans. I've seen them. I'm sure they let me see them. If we went after the cloud now, they'd be ready." (emphasis mine) This clearly states the Inhumans would go to war if the X-Men attacked the cloud. This is told to us directly by the author.

2. The fact that countless mutants are already dead or dying implies that Medusa has already chosen terrigen over mutant lives.
    No that's what the complexers want to believe instead of the multiple actions that shown Medusa doesn't want mutants dead. Otherwise she would have told Storm in DOX# that she doesn't care about the mutants.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 03-08-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There's a difference between going after the cloud by force and merely telling Medusa that they are out of time and there's no other solution to the problem. Medusa herself is asking why didn't anyone tell her. And they SHOULD have. It would have spared a lot of people a lot of unecessary grief.
    Imagine how much more grief it would have spared if she allowed the cloud to be destroyed 8 months ago. Just imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Because no one believes Medusa suddenly growing a conscious makes sense when she knew she was getting mutants sick and killed in the past 8 months. Of course no one is going to think she's going to destroy her own cloud when she's threatened people this entire time because of it.

"Not worth one mutant life" lol
    Speak for yourself. I thought she'd destroy the cloud if she were told that mutants had 2 weeks to life. And if you go back and read through the threads I think a LOT of people thought that. It just so happens those people happened to be right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Whelp.
    Emma Frost is destroyed. She's back to being a super villain.
    One of the last aditions to the X-Men that was more than a backgrond character, and they had to ruin her.
    Between that and the New Mutants, Gen X, NXM characters being mostly kept out of the line-ups of X-Team, the who ResurreXion stuff should instead be called Regression.

On the other side, Medusa almost redeemed herself (almost) and the upcoming Inhumans teams will feature some characters who are not from the 30+ years ago.

It hurts to say that, but you won, Marvel. Make Mine Inhumans.
    That's interesting, because I would say without a doubt that the Inhumans have the worse and of the deal. Even if nothing changed with the X-Men people would still buy them just to complain about it, but now they have all these retro books to enjoy. Meanwhile the Inhumans go back to high concept cosmic stories with zero staying power.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Glad to hear about Medusa stepping up against Emma. Will be getting this later today.
    You'll have to see if Medusa's hair is really capable of harming Emma in her diamond form. Which I don't see anyone discussing yet here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

- Iso tells MEdusa wha tis going on with the Cloud. Medusa is like "why didn't anyone freaking tell me?"

- Moon Girl gives Medusa the trigger to kill the cloud forever. But she says the decision is too big for any nuhuman.

- Medusa agrees... takes the trigger.... AND IMMEDIATELY PUSHES THE BUTTON

How incompetent does Emma look?

Wow, this event was a total disaster.

Extraordinary Member

I don't disagree with you over them not exactly knowing what she might do. The only way to know is to ask her.
    It was more your claim that basically we as readers knew this. My stance is that everything written in this story and leading up to it suggests that Medusa would actually have protected the cloud at all costs, and that at the least there is nothing ever shown in the books that suggests to the readers that she would ever allow the cloud to be destroyed.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Speak for yourself. I thought she'd destroy the cloud if she were told that mutants had 2 weeks to life. And if you go back and read through the threads I think a LOT of people thought that. It just so happens those people happened to be right.
    It just comes down to the perception of fans, Inhumans fans who know Medusa as a character and know what she'd do, vs X-Fans who've wrongly surmised this entire event that Medusa would happily murder a mutant and give it a second thought cuz she's queen of the genocidal xenophobic slave owners.

As we said, the Inhumans fans were the only ones who were correct. The informed opinion wins against propaganda fans every time.

Right in that she wouldn't get called out? Oh yes, those people were right too. But sure, it only ok for the terrigan to exist as long as it's not whole-sale genocide. Some mutants getting sick and dying is acceptable losses.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The claim is correct though, the war plan was a contingency. As Medusa herself says she won't start a conflict with the X-Men, but she'd end one.
    So you do need clarification. The claim was that the plans had nothing to do with the cloud. The claim was that if the X-Men attacked the cloud then the Inhumans would not fight over it.