Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Also Medusa was placed on the spot. What else was she going to do? She would have really looked trash if she didn't press the button.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Well, near extinction is a rather reasonable excuse for paranoia, I would say.

Its a shame it ended like this. I really thought Medusa would have put up more of a fight, although I still find her actions a little hypocritical (I am going save mutant lives! Just ignore the last eight months of near genocidal death and what-not...) though I suppose its nice it sent a message of 'talking is better then fighting' even if I still think the X-Men where in the right... at the very least, hopefully now both franchises can go on and do their own thing!

Time for a bit that I doubt will be popular but... I love Emma's new costume!
    It might be hypocritical if he had a means for destroying the cloud this entire time and didn't use it until now. But again, we have to remember that IvX was really the first a means of destroying the cloud was really available to anyone. So she couldn't have destroyed the cloud earlier than this even if she wanted to. It simply wasn't an option until now.

I do think given Medusa was in fact willing to destroy the cloud once she was given all the facts, it's fair to say the X-Men were wrong in how hey handled the situation. Not that I don't understand why they might have felt paranoid... but telling Medusa what was going on clearly would have been the easiest smartest way to handle the situation.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    In fairness had the X-Men not being paranoid to begin with and told the Inhumans about the cloud, Emma wouldn't have got the foothold she did to lead events as they did to destroying the blimps.
    Emma's the one with the immediate, personal culpability, and none of the X-Men would have approved of her plan had they known.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kinda depends if you blame mutant higher ups for deciding Hell/Limbo, surrounded by literal monsters and then monsters like Monet and Sabertooth was a good place to store everyone lol.
    The mutants assumed that Magik would keep the Royals secure and safe, IMO, and only belatedly learned of civilian Inhumans being caught up in the net and then hunted down by demons.

On the side, the fact that the deaths of the Inhumans of Ennilux were depicted without any corpses on-panel, unlike in Madrox's and Alchemy's cases, might be an issue with some people.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon
    Loaded weapon? His eyes??
    It's been awhile since I've read X-Men so this might have changed, but last I check his powers don't generate from his butt.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also Medusa was placed on the spot. What else was she going to do? She would have really looked trash if she didn't press the button.
    What she'd have always done if she knew what the cloud was going to do in the end.

So if emma and the x-men are responsible than all the inhumans are responsible for Black Bolt's actions which lead to the death of many mutants. Something you adamantly have denied them holding any responsibility for. Kind of strange how who is responsible for what completely changes your view and perception of similar situations.
    The mists upon released were harmless to mutants, that's fact.

Black Bolt didn't intend for anyone to die from the cloud, also fact.

Emma targeted the blimps, which obviously contained people so she didn't care if they died, fact.

This conflict occurred cuz Emma and the X-Men were so paranoid they didn't want to tell the Inhumans what was going on, also fact.

Emma intending to kill people vs Black Bolt intending to kill no one.

Big difference.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...usion-spoiler/

The X-Men got all "paranoid" because Beast told them that Medusa was preparing an army. It makes sense that they should take a proactive method because Medusa didn't seem to care about the mutant lives destroyed over the eight months.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...usion-spoiler/

The X-Men got all "paranoid" because Beast told them that Medusa was preparing an army. It makes sense that they should take a proactive method because Medusa didn't seem to care about the mutant lives destroyed over the eight months.
    Why would she care? It was during a truce, she already doing plenty to evacuate mutants from the cloud. If the X-Men didn't do enough, thats not Medusa's problem.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Welcome back to the X-Men just killed hundreds of Inhumans cuz they're paranoid dicks.

I do believe the Inhumans fans told you so.
    So is Medusa responsible for genocide now?

Welcome back to the X-Men just killed hundreds of Inhumans cuz they're paranoid dicks.

I do believe the Inhumans fans told you so.
    If I may.....

The X-MEN.....or EMMA?

We should really be avoiding this "all encompassing blanket quantifiers" nonsense.

Blaming ALL the Inhumans for the mutant deaths.
    Blaming ALL the X-Men for the Inhuman deaths.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Medusa deserves a lot more credit than some people were willing to give her. She didn't need to be "tricked" into destroy the cloud by Emma or anything like that... she merely pushed the button when it was clear they had no other options.

And it's not like they or anyone else for that matter had a means of destroying the cloud prior to IvX anyways, so she couldn't have destroyed it earlier than this even if she wanted to.

All things considered, she did what needed to be done in the end. More than anything, this was just a case of poor communication... which frankly is the root of a lot of these hero vs hero conflicts.
    Medusa literally says even losing one mutant life isn't worth keeping the Terrigen. This after 8 months of mutants being displaced, getting sick and yes dying due to the Clouds. This after she told Synapse destroying the remaining Cloud would never be an option for Attilan. This after she watched Alchemy actually die in front of her due to the Terrigen. This after she even ordered Cyclops' execution (real or not) after he refused to surrender and stated his intention to destroy the second Cloud.

I'm sorry but this statement is a complete reversal on Medusa's part canonically. It's not about "credit", it simply just doesn't reconcile at all with her previous actions and statements on the subject, not even remotely. It's at best a retcon.

So if emma and the x-men are responsible than all the inhumans are responsible for Black Bolt's actions which lead to the death of many mutants. Something you adamantly have denied them holding any responsibility for. Kind of strange how who is responsible for what completely changes your view and perception of similar situations.
    There's a difference though.

Black Bolt didn't release the cloud with the intent of killing mutants, but Emma clearly did release Sentinals with the intent of killing Inhumans. Black Bolt may have a degree of accountability for the deaths which resulted from his actions, but Emma was flat out trying to murder the Inhumans. It's not quite the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's been awhile since I've read X-Men so this might have changed, but last I check his powers don't generate from his butt.
    And killing someone over a "loaded Weapon" that's just a genetic mutation is like killing Rockslide because he pointed his arm at you. Cyclops was shown to be blasting AFTER Medusa already ordered the execution.

Well, if she was as evil as the X boards claim

Then yeah, she could have totally went "lol, im not pressing the button" destroyed the trigger, and keep fighting.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If I may.....

The X-MEN.....or EMMA?

We should really be avoiding this "all encompassing blanket quantifiers" nonsense.

Blaming ALL the Inhumans for the mutant deaths.
    Blaming ALL the X-Men for the Inhuman deaths.
    It's a valid generalisation.

The leaders of various X-Men teams met, and decided to not share this information with the Inhumans, believing war was their only option. Which was a stupid and factually incorrect stance to take.

So the events of IVX including all the deaths, rest of the X-Men's leadership thus the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    So is Medusa responsible for genocide now?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Medusa literally says even losing one mutant life isn't worth keeping the Terrigen. This after 8 months of mutants being displaced, getting sick and yes dying due to the Clouds. This after she told Synapse destroying the remaining Cloud would never be an option for Attilan. This after she watched Alchemy actually die in front of her due to the Terrigen. This after she even ordered Cyclops' execution (real or not) after he refused to surrender and stated his intention to destroy the second Cloud.

I'm sorry but this statement is a complete reversal on Medusa's part canonically. It's not about "credit", it simply just doesn't reconcile at all with her previous actions and statements on the subject, not even remotely. It's at best a retcon.
    But it's not like Medusa had the means of stopping the cloud anyways... that's something overlooked when people complain about the Inhumans actions. The minute she actually had a means of destroying the cloud, she destroyed it.

Her destroying the cloud when she actually has the means to tells you a heck of a lot more than her not destroying the cloud when she couldn't even if she wanted to. When it was possible, she did what needed to be done.