Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Emma Frost was partners with Sebastian Shaw, whose company Shaw Industries made sentinels. And the Hellfire Club certainly used sentinels. So she is certainly not above using sentinels to her own end. Emma Frost was a murderous sociopath if you read what she was like as the White Queen, and this is just a return to her characterization.
    Old Emma, like super oooooooooooooooooold.

Update yourself, please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Emma Frost was partners with Sebastian Shaw, whose company Shaw Industries made sentinels. And the Hellfire Club certainly used sentinels. So she is certainly not above using sentinels to her own end. Emma Frost was a murderous sociopath if you read what she was like as the White Queen, and this is just a return to her characterization.
    And this is excatly why many are so outraged. Seeing years of character development being thrown out te windows is always something that hurt. This is akin to One More Day in term of badness.
    Also i thought that peculiar characterization had been buried roughly around Gen-x, am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Old Emma, like super oooooooooooooooooold.

Update yourself, please!!!
    Yeah like Generation x never happened...what is it wrong with some people?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The only thing holding her down was Cyclops
    Oh silly spirit that is not how to spell Sean Cassidy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    And this is excatly why many are so outraged. Seeing years of character development being thrown out te windows is always something that hurt. This is akin to One More Day in term of badness.
    Also i thought that peculiar characterization had been buried roughly around Gen-x, am i wrong?
    This is how bullshit spreads....what you quoted was a complete opposite of how the story went. The old hellfire club secretly created mutant killing sentinels to the market. That was one of the reason why Emma staged a coup for the white queen position.

While Emma had always played her cards close, she has been an anti-hero longer than she has been a full fledged villain by now (I think that line was crossed a few years ago).

What crap. Absolute crap. Threw Emma under the bus, and ultimately defeated the cloud with a button press. Good god this was bad.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Where the hell did Dazzler go?

Spectacular Member

I wish I could have been at the creative retreats where the editors and writers came up with this. And just smack the poop out of them ( figuratively ) when they came with this poop.

Editors: So we want to return the x-men to their superhero roots and the inhuman royals go into space.

Writers: Cool, Now that secret war is over we can start right away!!

Editors: Oh no, that is the time to push all the avenger books. We need to stall this for a year and give the avenger books time to sell. We need to keep the inhumans and x-men busy.... How about we have them fight for a year??

Writers: Cool idea.

Editors: we already worked it out. the released terrigin is toxic for mutants. killing them. the royals don't want to cloud to disappear. the mutants do. it all ends in a big battle where emma will turns villain and kills inhumans and the terrigin.

Writers: wouldn't that undo years of great work on Emma and wouldn't this make the inhumans mass murderers??

Editors: Great, thank you for agreeing on this storyline, lets make it happen!!!

Writers: but....??

Editors: Don't worry, comic book fans will be at each others throats and that means dollars for us. They are idiots, who will always keep buying our books. No need to think about details or good story or good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Everything about how they portrayed her was disgusting. Losing her mind over Scott's death, using Sentinels, going bad, killing people, this was not her, it's such a step backwards over the character she became before all of this mess. I'm just super mad right now and I'm honestly done with Marvel, even if they start using Emma again I'm not sure I want to read her as this villain they made her just to glorify the Inhumans.

And not even as an Emma fan, but as a X-Men fan this was disgusting, the Mutants looked like complete imbeciles since the beginning.
    Agreed.

Not done with Marvel but agreed with everything else.

A shame, really.

Oh silly spirit that is not how to spell Sean Cassidy.
    nah, the only reason she was still on good side was that she loved Cyclops and followed him blindly

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Agreed.

Not done with Marvel but agreed with everything else.

A shame, really.
    I've gotta admit I'm really tempted to dump Marvel too over how insulting this entire event has been. They really do not respect their audience's intelligence. Probably the only people who will actually like this turn of events is someone like Danny Rand, l-o-l.

There's a couple solo books I really enjoy, and that's the only thing saving Marvel for me right now. This was just too much.

I'm good with it. If anyone here thought the Inhumans were gonna be at fault by the end of this thing.. well, that was just wishful thinking. Emma pulling a heel turn was exactly what I wanted. She's a villian again.

Like most of you, I have major issues with this finale but I'll focus on a few so as not to raise my blood pressure further.
    >Super genius mind-controlled to build super-Sentinels? AXIS with Red Skull/Iron Man. Sentinels repurposed by evil to attack the good guys? BotA with Xorna Jean, Dark Beast in Bendis' Uncanny...
    >X-Men getting taken out like chumps. Diamond not being able to cut Medusa's hair while Medusa's hair is able to break diamond...
    >The only good thing about this issue was the hopefully permanent destruction of Dange... er... Cerebra. Ridiculous character. I have to give Lemire credit for killing off the ridiculous original characters he made (Sapna and Dange... er... Cerebra).
    >Shaw was blasted out of New Attilan. He and Emma can definitely get the Hellfire Club back up and running. And nothing says evil like hooker garters, eh, Emma?
    >That ending was disgusting. Pictures of Inhuman kids crying because they won't grow tails or be able to kill with a sneeze? Show the thousands of mutants who died in agony thanks to the Terrigen cloud[s]. Like all events featuring the X-Men lately, the poor and misguided mutants have been saved by the true heroes despite the X-Men being the truly aggrieved parties
    >Speaking of aggrieved parties... Johnny Storm is getting the same treatment thanks to his FF status. Chuck your lover aside, Medusa. It's time for cross-platform synergy with the Inhumans TV miniseries coming out shortly.

Favourite panels...
    Kinky.
    ivx1.jpg
    Beautiful. Finally.
    ivx2.jpg
    Sorry about the loss of life... but I wish a few Royals were up there when the airships blew.
    ivx3.jpg

At least it is over. On to the aftermath issues, then ResurrXion.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Let the outrage commence