Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    so Emma is to become to new anti hero. taking over Magnetos place. looks like a good fit.
    Naw. I'm calling it now. Emma is now Marvel's premiere A-list villainess.

http://community.comicbookresources....itive-from-IvX

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So what happened to the "all mutants being sterile" "this is all the mutants there ever will be" plot point?
    Likely undone by the next big catastrophy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So what happened to the "all mutants being sterile" "this is all the mutants there ever will be" plot point?
    no more Terrigen in the air
    no more sterile mutants
    i guess?

Yes, what about the mutants that were dying from M-pox; are Dazzler and the others infected fine now?

Because looking at Emma and Magneto’s reactions:

Schermata up copia.jpg

It seems like everybody in this area:
    Schermata up s.jpg

Wait…
    I mean:
    article-2142884-00A32E15000004B0-324_470x423_popup.jpg

…Are now dead or infected

So much for Emma Frost character development over the past decade. Thrown aside because Marvel has to have character as a damn villain. The only saving grace for the chatacter is if she is a anti-hero. Written like Mags was in his solo series. I have very very little interest in reading yet another psycho, sociopathic individual with a anti-Inhuman and possibly anti-X-men obsession. It does not make for a intetesting character imo. As they are usual written poorly.

Even the reason for her going full villain. I read another article and the person writing it makes a good point. Not even the horrible way her students were murdered made tbe character go full villain. Yet the death of Cyclops does. Its somewhat out of character imo. Is it just me or is the quality of the writing get worse in events.

I wanted to get the trade for the series. Instead i wont because it seems to not be worth the paper its printed on. Marvel serms to never from past mistakes. Wolverine was in too many books lets do the same with OML. Im going to give the new X-titles a chance but to me it seems thst they take us readers for granted and dont give a crap what they put to paper. What amounts to to character assassination of Emma Frost to made Medusa look good. Is Medusa that popular compared to Emma Frost.

Maybe its Disney or the higher ups in Marvel calling the shots. As I dont understand some of the decisions being made by writers. Oh well at least Mystique and Rogue are on the same team.
    Last edited by sureshot; 03-09-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Well, that was a waste of money and time. I know it was end badly but not this badly...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

My only hope and its a very tiny amount of hope is the stories with the reboot are much better. Im not holdingy breath as the writers to me at least are simply not interested in writing good stories. Or the might be forced to write a certain resulting in bad stories. Either way im expecting much from the reboot. What a way to de motivate fans before the big reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    My only hope and its a very tiny amount of hope is the stories with the reboot are much better. Im not holdingy breath as the writers to me at least are simply not interested in writing good stories. Or the might be forced to write a certain resulting in bad stories. Either way im expecting much from the reboot. What a way to de motivate fans before the big reboot.
    At the end of the day, Marvel is a business and they'll do whatever it takes to drum more sales. Even if fans universally hate an event/story, Marvel will count it as a win if it sells okay.

Good stories are no use to them if the only people buying is a small fanbase, and the characters involved are not going to translate to film sales.

I'm not saying this as criticism of Marvel either; they just respond to the market and you can't blame them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    This was atrocious.
    Did you guys notice the diamond fragment that fell off of Emma laying over Black Bolt's counter at the end of issue? Gloating over her defeat... shame on that horrible couple.
    I just hope we got rid of them once and for all.
    #EmmaWasRight
    I didn’t notice at all. But yeah, it was pretty awful to say the least.

The dialogue between Psylocke and Medusa was just bad.
    Bad. Bad. Bad.

But nothing beats BB and Medusa flying into air like saints and the remark on how beautiful that was.
    Cheeeeeeesssssyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Me too, none of this would have happened if the Inhumans could support the sales of their books by themselves without having to leech popularity from other franchises.
    THIS.

@ Gridde

I understand they are a business. I don't hold it against them to make a profit. Do they have to ruin characters in the process. The only thing that will salvage what was done to Emma is to make her a anti-hero. Full villain will anger Emma fans and not make for a good story. She does need the Mystique treatment. A classic example of Marvel ruining a character imo. To push Medusa who is not that popular a character imo is just a mistake. I just hate seeing characters ruined. Not to mention if they are trying to make us like BB and Medusa as characters they are doing a piss poor job of it. I never disliked either of those two characters but if both were tossed out unconcious out of the nearest airlock i would not shed a tear and would drink a beer.
    Last edited by sureshot; 03-09-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    This is the result of making Cyclops the center of every X-character's universe...
    Exactly!
    I don't get it, is Emma Frost bigger than xmen? The terrigen cloud is gone, mutants are safe and now have a future; the extinction era is over. But it's all poor Emma, she was treated so badly, she deserved better. Come on, what mattered more to you; the xmen's survival or Emma's portrayal? She is not the be all and end all of the x-universe, it's not all about her. She is not integral to the overall success of the X franchise. Instead of celebrating the resurrxion of the xmen, it's all anger and fury over Emma's "mistreatment". Are xfans really gonna turn away from the X franchise because of one character's portrayal? Personally I think she will be more compelling as a villain, much rather have her in that roll than leading an x-team.

The end was so horribly bad that it was almost funny. For a country that supposedly is questioning the royal inhumans they sure where busy praising them in this issue. What happened with that plot? it must have been thrown out the window with Medusas other actions.

Psylocke was written like a chump. Storm where afk. Emma was just missing a moustache to twirl. Maybe it would have been better if she just tied Medusa to a railway and wait for the train.

Beast was horrendous. His head is so far up his ass that I'm not even sure he's actually listening to what other people are saying anymore.

So the inhumans are missing terrigan crystals(in what world was it an actual viable plan&alternative to keep them as a cloud who covered the whole world. Even if wasn't killing mutants it sure would **** up something else, just a matter of time.) After reading this issue I'm not concerned with the lack of terrigan. If needed Medusa can just pull them out of her ass, that's how great she is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    didn't it start with emma awakaing from her coma during the phalanx covenant? and later with her founding generation X
    Not really. 90s Emma was still a ruthless sociopath; she just switched sides from the Hellfire Club to Xavier's. The only real emotions she was capable of having were maternal ones toward her students.

By contrast, Emma from Morrison onward was a mouthy, uppity princess on the outside, but a vulnerable, lonely girl who just wanted to be loved on the inside. And, of course, this Emma was genuinely in love with Scott.

I think the ending reeked of the fact that the editors wanted Medusa and Blackbolt to be a blank slate for the next writers. No accountability, no Johnny romance, no baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    @ Gridde

I understand they are a business. I don't hold it against them to make a profit. Do they have to ruin characters in the process. The only thing that will salvage what was done to Emma is to make her a anti-hero. Full villain will anger Emma fans and not make for a good story. She does need the Mystique treatment. A classic example of Marvel ruining a character imo. To push Medusa who is not that popular a character imo is just a mistake. I just hate seeing characters ruined. Not to mention if they are trying to make us like BB and Medusa as characters they are doing a piss poor job of it. I never disliked either of those two characters but if both were tossed out unconcious out of the nearest airlock i would not shed a tear and would drink a beer.
    100% agreed. I understand the reasoning behind what Marvel is doing, but I hate the results.

What's really baffling in all this is that -unless I've been mislead- Inhuman books are not selling all that well, and there isn't an Inhuman movie coming up to cash-in on. I don't quite get why Marvel is pushing a brand so hand that people aren't responding well to...

The one good thing about all this is seeing how easily characters can change or be retcon'd; just because some of our fave characters have been tarnished now, it doesn't mean a good writer won't pick them up in the future and do more good stories with them.