Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I feel like "old school kung fu" should be saved for Shang-Chi should he ever get a series.
    I hope he does (even better a movie). But overall fight choreography quality has been poor on IF, so this would've been an improvement, IMHO.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper View Post
    So I guess that's what everyone wants. Dark & gritty,.... thanks a lot Zack Snyder...
    No, I just want exciting fight scenes that were fun to watch, and that was pretty rare in Iron Fist.

I found very little to be impressive in the Iron Fist fight scenes.

I finished rewatching iron fist and i enjoyed it. Its not on the same level as the other 3 shows but its good in its own right. Hopefully season 2 picks up the slack.

One of the problems it had was it didnt really handle the mystical elements well so that makes me worried about the Hand's role in the defenders. They are just a vague group doing evil **** for vague reasons. All the other villians outside of IGH are better because i understood what they want and why.

The Danny/Colleen ship was cute. The only downside was Colleen felt too supportive during the whole China trip but maybe thats her hand expierence talking. i like Danny and Misty more but that felt like a harder sell given how she was portrayed in Luke Cage.

I just finished it, and I actually liked it. I didn't think it was as good as Dare Devil, but it was hands down better than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Ok so I'm about half way through with this series and I am enjoying it for the most part though it definitely is not as good as the rest of the Marvel/Netflix series.

What's (currently) bugging me is the stupid business subplot of Joy and Ward getting pushed out of their jobs. Umm...what? There's just no way they could do that. They established that Danny controls 51% of the stock which means he controls the company, no matter what other people on the Board want to do. His decisions would be final. At the point I'm at in the series, there's no reason to believe Danny would support the removal of Joy and Ward. Also there's no reason to believe that Joy and Ward have no shares; they have to have something. So combined they have to control 52% to 53% of voting stock at a minimum.

The reason this matters (to me) is that this is clearly being used for further character motivation for Joy and Ward. This is being used to set up other actions. But it would be a complete non-event. No matter what the Board did, ultimately Danny would get his way. Danny, Joy, and Ward combined absolutely always win (on company decisions). The Board would know this and so if they thought the company was being mismanaged they are more likely to just resign their Board position than try some sort of failed-from-the-start power play.

Rant over. It just annoys me when Hollywood gets basic business workings so wrong.