Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Brittany Spears sold millions of records. Doesn't make her music good.
    If critics said it was... and the general audience agreed by purchasing in mass numbers and rating it highly themselves...

means nothing.

5 people on the internet declare it sucks

means everything.

?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Never said that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    To an extent yes.

But when I see complaints of boring, bad action fights, afraid of "going there" with Kun Lun... that is what makes me sad.

Tumblr outrage won't stop people from watching on netflix. Being boring and shitty will.
    Honestly, that's been a problem with Marvel using their magical/mystical stuff in the films/shows in-general. Disappointing if true.

That's disappointing, but Iron Fist was the one I was least interested in anyway. DD season 1 and Jessica Jones were the best so far (though I liked Luke Cage and DD season 2 all right too).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    To an extent yes.

But when I see complaints of boring, bad action fights, afraid of "going there" with Kun Lun... that is what makes me sad.

Tumblr outrage won't stop people from watching on netflix. Being boring and shitty will.

I read pieces of one review that went into the social justice warrior angle and that made me roll my eyes, he called it boring, but I discounted it and stopped reading when he complained about race.

But the Kun Lun angle is more serious. One of the reasons I've been looking forward to iron fist more than the others is that I expected marvel and netflix to be FORCED to go more mystical and LESS street level. If all they do is hover along the ground and not delve into that aspect of iron fist, I will be extremely disappointed.

This is why I do not like the strategy of only sticking to street level content. If all I wanted from marvel shows, was street level content, I'd watch law and effing order. WTF is the point showcasing exotic characters if we don't get exotic storylines and abilities? It's like reading a fantasy series without the magic. Like seriously, wtf is the point?

Agents of Shield, a show about essentially human agents, has more powered people and enemies than the marvel netflix shows.
    Legion - a show from freaking FOX of all entities has more balls to showcase the exotic sides of its comic roots than most netflix shows, this insecurity, this refusal to "go there" will be the death of the netflix shows.

So it better not be the case with Iron Fist.

Netflix is not afraid to spend tons of money, they did for the get down, and who tf watched that? They did for marco polo, a game of thrones lite style epic without the magic, so who tf is going to get as into that?

Does Ted Sarandos just not like fantasy? Sci fi? There has been precious little. I want something like the expanse on netflix, something like the magicians, something like Legion. But no, let's spend all the real money on the mundane content.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The reviews feel like they're pandering to the SJW demographic who've been shitting on this show since Marvel made the controversial decision to cast a white dude ... as a white dude.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the show but I do have concerns, mostly recycling The Hand, no costume, running away from the mysticism and overall giving next to no new concepts for Iron Fist to work with.
    This seems odd. Seems it's ok for you to have concerns but when reviewers say some of the things you are saying (no new concepts, running away from mysticism) it's because of SJWs?

Here is a thought, maybe the reviewers think the show sucks for no other reason than the fact the show actually does suck. Who the hell wants to watch a show about Iron Fist with little to no mysticism and that is just a rehash of **** we already saw.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-08-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I found a unicorn, aka a review that doesnt trash talk Iron Fist cuz he's a white guy playing a white guy.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...ine-up-a149479

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This seems odd. Seems it's ok for you to have concerns but when reviewers say some of the things you are saying (no new concepts, running away from mysticism) it's because of SJWs?

Here is a thought, maybe the reviewers think the show sucks for no other reason than the fact the show actually does suck. Who the hell wants to watch a show about Iron Fist with little to no mysticism and that is just a rehash of **** we already saw.
    I was blaming the negativity from the white guy casting on SJW, not the lack of new content thats on Marvel.

Ultimate Member

I mean people were pointing that out even with the trailer. And not just critics. People were saying "it looks like a mish-mash of Batman Begins, Dr. Strange, Arrow, Iron Man, etc even before the reviews came out.

It's why on the Iron Fist thread I said that "this seems like a show that will come down to how they execute the premise. Because it seems to lack the other instant unique hooks that the other three shows had."

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    but season 2 of DD was bad and JJ season was slightly too long derailing it's momentum. So this is hardly the first clunker. (I haven't watched LC yet.)
    Well, of course, you're entitled to your opinion, and I would agree that NONE of the shows are perfect, but I wouldn't call any of them clunkers. Not even close.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Well, of course, you're entitled to your opinion, and I would agree that NONE of the shows are perfect, but I wouldn't call any of them clunkers. Not even close.

Sandy Hausler
    I liked JJ, just thought it was a few episodes too long. 10 would have been better. Cater the season to the story, not episode requirements, you know?

I just flat out didn't like DD season 2. A lot of people did. It just wasn't for me. I thought it was very poorly executed in a lot of ways.

I can't comment on IF, because I haven't seen it. It's the one I was most excited for/worried about.

I'll have you know The Get Down was quite enjoyable.

The trailer gave me vibes of stuff we've already seen before and I can see how parts of it can be boring. But I didn't think it would be crapped on to this extent. Actually makes me more interested in watching, just to see if the comments are exaggerated or not.

I'm all about well thought out representation, but a lot of the reviews I've read of the first 6 episodes so far feel like they've had an axe to grind concerning the racial politics of the Danny Rand character and who is and isn't playing him. Not to mention with only 6 episodes, you're getting just under half of the story. I don't believe that Iron Fist is 100% an inherently problematic character, but one that needs to be treated with a deft touch because of the culturally sensitive elements that he draws from. He's been served well by people like Brubaker and Fraction who have pushed him as a character respectful of these things, but that sensibility needs to be carried through in his ventures to other mediums.
    So with this all in mind, I'm going to make my own judgement with the full series, hoping there's a lot more dimension and storytelling to be revealed than some reviewers seem to care to give mind to.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I found a unicorn, aka a review that doesnt trash talk Iron Fist cuz he's a white guy playing a white guy.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...ine-up-a149479

I was blaming the negativity from the white guy casting on SJW, not the lack of new content thats on Marvel.
    That negativity has nothing to do with the fact that the reviewers in the snippets in the article didn't talk about his being a white guy.

'What could have been the boldest series is instead the quietest. Seriously … in the comics, the man gets his powers from punching a dragon in the heart, but that’s withheld from us? If I wanted to focus more on reality I wouldn’t spend so much time watching superhero TV.'

What for example does the above have to do with Rand being white? The answer is nothing. Just because you were upset by the white guy thing doesn't mean that was why the reviewers said stuff like the above. It's not their judgment being impacted by the SJWs, it's yours because now you want to frame any criticism aside from your own as being due to SJWs.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    That negativity has nothing to do with the fact that the reviewers in the snippets in the article didn't talk about his being a white guy.

'What could have been the boldest series is instead the quietest. Seriously … in the comics, the man gets his powers from punching a dragon in the heart, but that’s withheld from us? If I wanted to focus more on reality I wouldn’t spend so much time watching superhero TV.'

What for example does the above have to do with Rand being white? The answer is nothing. Just because you were upset by the white guy thing doesn't mean that was why the reviewers said stuff like the above. It's not their judgment being impacted by the SJWs, it's yours because now you want to frame any criticism aside from your own as being due to SJWs.
    Surely you understand that a movie get **** on repeatedly just feeds into a negative perception of it, which skewers reviews. I mean look at Suicide Squad, yes that movie is a piece of **** but it's nowhere near as bad as the lead up to it made it believe and the early reviews.

Public opinion def skewers reviews.

Surely you understand that a movie get **** on repeatedly just feeds into a negative perception of it, which skewers reviews. I mean look at Suicide Squad, yes that movie is a piece of **** but it's nowhere near as bad as the lead up to it made it believe and the early reviews.
    Many would disagree with you (myself included). Wait until the TV show is out before you start projecting all your issues with reviews on SJWs.