Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Harold would have made a great supporting character, but he was not a good main villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    The show has some things going for it. I loved that Claire got a chance to shine. I am loving Colleen Wing (but I do not like the Rand/Wing romance).
    Once they had Luke sleep with Misty, I figured the comic book dynamics are probably up in the air. In this context, I'm okay with Danny/Colleen. It wouldn't surprise me if Claire and Colleen become the "Daughters of the Dragon" with Claire possibly becoming White Tiger. (she took to those ninja claw weapons...)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post

3) The fight scenes. For a show about a martial arts master, the fight scenes were nothing compared to DD.
    See my note about Iron First fight scenes being decidedly MUCH less violent than the DD fight scenes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduper View Post
    See my note about Iron First fight scenes being decidedly MUCH less violent than the DD fight scenes.
    I'd point out that DD fight scenes are grittier, less kung-fu-y, ala Banshee

So I guess that's what everyone wants. Dark & gritty,.... thanks a lot Zack Snyder...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduper View Post
    So I guess that's what everyone wants. Dark & gritty,.... thanks a lot Zack Snyder...
    No one said that. We just want good Kung Fu fight scenes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd point out that DD fight scenes are grittier, less kung-fu-y, ala Banshee
    Kung-fu-y...

I've heard it mention before that the fights in Iron fist aren't so much bad as they are unfamiliar, going back to actual classic kung-fu movies instead of the more generic martial arts stuff which the audience is far more familiar with from basically anything modern that has martial arts in it.

I am not familiar enough to see if there is anything to that.

I'm embarrassed to say even having watched the series I don't remember the fights very well. I think they went for big circular movements when they could, rather than more fast and efficient strikes, and I don't have a problem with that - I actually like that rather than the brutal real-world stuff; however, they just didn't shoot it in a way that made the most of it imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Kung-fu-y...

I've heard it mention before that the fights in Iron fist aren't so much bad as they are unfamiliar, going back to actual classic kung-fu movies instead of the more generic martial arts stuff which the audience is far more familiar with from basically anything modern that has martial arts in it.

I am not familiar enough to see if there is anything to that.
    These are old school martial arts fight scenes. I would've killed for some of this on IF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    These are old school martial arts fight scenes. I would've killed for some of this on IF.
    Meh. "This video contains content from Wildside, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Meh. "This video contains content from Wildside, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
    Oh, sorry about that. Just youtube Gordon Liu fight scenes and you should be all good.

Meh, I would have killed for more of what we saw in Bakuto's found footage.

Fantastic Member

I feel if the theme is "dark and gritty" the choreographers for season 2 should study up on tons of Tony Jaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owcR4Vvsnws

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Meh, I would have killed for more of what we saw in Bakuto's found footage.
    Well, according to another poster, old school kung fu was what they were going for with IF's fight scenes. Compared to what we got, this would've been golden.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Well, according to another poster, old school kung fu was what they were going for with IF's fight scenes. Compared to what we got, this would've been golden.
    I feel like "old school kung fu" should be saved for Shang-Chi should he ever get a series.