Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Rewatched daredevil season 1 and 2 and both are excellent. I think it's easy to nit pick these shows when you binge watch and you hope the awesome every episode. When watch like a weekly episode, I think people will look at these shows they differently.

Didn't think this show would be good, but still watch the **** out of it

I wonder if this will be like DD S2, where the mystical/supernatural stuff didn't kick in until after the screener episodes. I could have sworn they talked about stuff taking place in K'un Kun, including doing something with the Dragon in recent interviews.

At any rate, this will definitely be a case of wait and see for me. This is the series I'm least interested in, so my expectations were already lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I wonder if this will be like DD S2, where the mystical/supernatural stuff didn't kick in until after the screener episodes. I could have sworn they talked about stuff taking place in K'un Kun, including doing something with the Dragon in recent interviews.

At any rate, this will definitely be a case of wait and see for me. This is the series I'm least interested in, so my expectations were already lowered.
    Thats true now that I think about it, swear i saw an article that the dragon would be in the show.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Untitled.jpg

It's stuff like this that makes me feel like a lot of reviewers are going into the show looking for problems that they other wise wouldn't. I'm not saying the show won't have issues or that they're not justified in their analyse of the first 6 episodes but when you go into something wanting to hate it you'll often come out the same way and some of these sites for sure give off that vibe. So even with these poor reviews I'm still looking forward to seeing for myself if the show is as bad as they're making it out to be or if it's being blown out of proportion or if there is a medium. Hell maybe they're right and the first 6 episodes are the slow ones and the last 7 are the intense roller coaster episodes that really make the show. Either way when it pops up on my que I'm going to go in there open minded and hope for the best.
    Last edited by FearTheLiving; 03-09-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The reviews feel like they're pandering to the SJW demographic who've been shitting on this show since Marvel made the controversial decision to cast a white dude ... as a white dude.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the show but I do have concerns, mostly recycling The Hand, no costume, running away from the mysticism and overall giving next to no new concepts for Iron Fist to work with.
    From what I checked early on, this is the impression I got.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The reviews feel like they're pandering to the SJW demographic who've been shitting on this show since Marvel made the controversial decision to cast a white dude ... as a white dude.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the show but I do have concerns, mostly recycling The Hand, no costume, running away from the mysticism and overall giving next to no new concepts for Iron Fist to work with.
    I'm getting that impression too. That demographic is notoriously hostile, crude, and uncompromising. If there even the slightest chance that they can throw around accusations of racism, sexism, etc., they take it. They turn their entire assessment of shows like Iron Fist into one big effort at virtue signalling. It's really frustrating because by all accounts, this show stays true to the source material. Danny Rand, in the comics, is white. Casting a white male for the lead makes perfect sense. This isn't a case of changing the race of a character just to attract a big-name actor. It's just staying true to the comic and for SJW types, that's not enough. Everything has to be an angry protest against the white male patriarchy. Everything has to serve their agenda. Never mind that shows like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage did a pretty good job of attacking difficult social issues without getting too preachy. But does every show have to be like that? From the SJW perspective, it does and any effort to the contrary is just another excuse for them to call others racist.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

There is a whole lot of SJW blaming so far in this thread concerning the early reviews. So far most of the reviews I have seen have been about the show being boring, and the fight scenes in a show about martial arts sucking. By far those are the comments in the reviews I have read the most. And if that turns out to be true then this show would have failed. Of the Netflix Marvel properties this is the show that should have license to delve more mystical and connect with that Dr.Strange magical side more than the others. He should be able to tie in those properties to the street level characters of Jessica and Luke and Daredevil. He doesn't need to be in costume for me early as we are building a lesser known character here to the mainstream TV audience.

Nothing I have read so far has deterred me from watching it myself though.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

El Rey Network runs those cheesy old school martial arts movies like every weekend. Cheesy, campy as hell does not begin to describe them. And I love it. And by God that's what I wanted for Iron Fist. Each show needs a different feel, look, flavor and that is the only way I think you could really separate Iron Fist from the others. Sucks it apparently is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    There is a whole lot of SJW blaming so far in this thread concerning the early reviews. So far most of the reviews I have seen have been about the show being boring, and the fight scenes in a show about martial arts sucking. By far those are the comments in the reviews I have read the most. And if that turns out to be true then this show would have failed. Of the Netflix Marvel properties this is the show that should have license to delve more mystical and connect with that Dr.Strange magical side more than the others. He should be able to tie in those properties to the street level characters of Jessica and Luke and Daredevil. He doesn't need to be in costume for me early as we are building a lesser known character here to the mainstream TV audience.

Nothing I have read so far has deterred me from watching it myself though.
    The boring thing will kill the show.

Ain't anyone gonna not watch because of SJW issues.

In fact, the hardcare twitter people will watch just so they can bitch about it afterwards.

but boring and shitty fights? Yes, that will effect things mightily.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Dang some of the scenes described in the Polygon review sound outright atrocious.

Edit: Not all that surprised though. The lead actor was pretty bad in Game of Thrones (and I loved the character in the books) and the trailer wasn't good.
    I don't like to be mean, but I must admit I was surprised when Finn Jones got the role. But maybe Game of Thrones wasn't the best showcase for his talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I don't like to be mean, but I must admit I was surprised when Finn Jones got the role. But maybe Game of Thrones wasn't the best showcase for his talents.
    Well, aside from Renly they didn't give him much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Well, aside from Renly they didn't give him much to do.
    True enough. I do vaguely remember a terrible scene in which he and Sansa bonded over their shared love of clothing. Loras, like every scene set in Dorne, is one of the missteps of the series.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Many would disagree with you (myself included). Wait until the TV show is out before you start projecting all your issues with reviews on SJWs.
    I don't think its crazy to say that Iron Fist exists in a hostile environment due to SJW bitching about the show, and that some reviewers are pandering to get those negativity clicks.

As posted in the Iron Fist Appreciation thread, the show is getting far higher ratings from overseas reviewers where this atmosphere isn't going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    True enough. I do vaguely remember a terrible scene in which he and Sansa bonded over their shared love of clothing. Loras, like every scene set in Dorne, is one of the missteps of the series.
    It's sad because Finn got the role by doing one of his most dramatic scenes in the books, where he confronts Brienne. And cuz it's the show and its written by morons, that scene never happened cuz they wrote the character wrong from the get go.

Ultimate Member

Are some people REALLY trying to argue critical bias AGAINST Marvel, seriously? If anything, critics bend over backwards to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt. Hence why exactly NONE of the MCU films to date have gotten a flat-out negative critical reception, nor any of their TV shows either.

So arguing "well they just went in looking for problems" seems more like fan bias.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Are some people REALLY trying to argue critical bias AGAINST Marvel, seriously? If anything, critics bend over backwards to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt. Hence why exactly NONE of the MCU films to date have gotten a flat-out negative critical reception, nor any of their TV shows either.

So arguing "well they just went in looking for problems" seems more like fan bias.
    Have you paid attention to any media surrounding the iron fist show? lol

It's been negativity from the second Finn Jones was cast and it's not let up, I can't think of any other Marvel property receiving this much backlash before we even got a trailer.