Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    We're not totally sure what that cover means at this point, and how literal or symbolic it is. I mean, don't we see what appears to be a Superman in a mix of a New 52 and classic suit? If we take that (and this issue of Superwoman) at face value then it's clear that they meld in some aspects. I mean New 52 Lois basically says that she and Clark are Pre-52 Lois and Clark. Also apparently Wonder Woman will be meeting a non-high collared Superman before the JL is formed post-Reborn.
    But do we even know if that suit is going to be retconned as Superman's only ever suit? Or is it going to be the case that Clark just puts on a new suit? The scenes we see of him in the new suit aren't actually pulled from old stores. The two scenes that are, the wedding scene and Jon's birth, basically look exactly the same as they did when first published.

And yes, New 52 Lois says that she and Clark are their Pre-Flashpoint selves, but that's been pretty much in the cards for all of the DCU characters since Rebirth. Rebirth gave us the explanation that the only reason everyone is different is because some being stole 10 years off their lives. In other words: New 52 character + 10 stolen years = Pre-Flashpoint characters. My guess is that Lana's dream symbolized Nuperman and NuLois leaving the time stream, as it were, and then regaining their Pre-Flashpoint lives on "the other side" and then being deposited back into the time stream, wit things playing out the same way with the Lois and Clark mini and Tomasi's Superman and everything.

Reborn, I think, will be more about everyone else who is not Clark, Lois, and Jon remembering Superman status quo and history as it was Pre-Flashpoint, but those three might still remember their time as "time refugees." I mean, don't you think it'd be a bit of a cop out for DC to play up just how different this Superman is from the rest of the characters (as they are in the Post-FP timeline) and tease how his memories go all the way back to the Silver Age and also tease how he has something to do with the larger Rebirth storyline only to have them say "never mind, he's completely acclimated to this timeline now" in an a self-contained arc with Mxy, who doesn't seem at all concerned with any of the Rebirth stuff?

The issue of Action that we're talking about has Superman remembering his life up till this point (including Jon's birth). It seems pretty darn obvious that this issue is there to establish what the working continuity is after Reborn, and I'd imagine that includes an altered explanation for Jon's birth, why Lex is a Superman, and why the Kents moved for a time.

My guess is that he'll be the only one to have some memories of what happened before the changes. I'm theorizing that he and Mxy will strike a deal, and Mxy will leave him memories so he can figure out how to combat Oz.

If such a retcon can be accepted then I don't see why Jon's birth and Superman's life being integrated into current continuity can't be accepted. I mean, if you're somehow worried that his pre-flashpoint history will be lost then I think you're safe. I like pre-52 is going to be the lion's share (if not outright complete) of the continuity for Superman going forward.
    The problem with this, though, is that the larger Rebirth mystery kind of depends on Superman being an "outsider" for now at least. He presents the example of a character who regained his Pre-Flashpoint life after "escaping" the New 52. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for him to report the events of Superman Reborn to Bruce and Diana if the events therein change history to make it so he was never an outsider.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    But do we even know if that suit is going to be retconned as Superman's only ever suit?
    No we don't know that, but the very fact that he will have worn the amalgamated suit at all in his history confirms that he'll be retconed in. He could've worn the classic suit before that, the Rebirth one after that, and then the Reborn suit after that. But the point is that this suit worn by him at all and that it's a clear amalgamation of the New 52 and classic. That's a retcon.

Or is it going to be the case that Clark just puts on a new suit?
    If you mean after Reborn he puts on the amalgamated suit then I find it highly unlikely because the whole point of that issue is Clark remembering his past. Logic would dictate that the suit is in his past. Also there's the fact that we know what suit he'll be wearing after Reborn. .

Reborn, I think, will be more about everyone else who is not Clark, Lois, and Jon remembering Superman status quo and history as it was Pre-Flashpoint,
    Yes and no. It seems like there will be inherent alterations to the Pre-flashpoint memories, hence why the Teen Titans look the way they look and why Pre-52 Wally was altered once he fit himself into the current DCU.

So basically I'm thinking it'll be Pre-52 but with alterations ala Wally and the Titans, and said alterations will open the door for Jon being born in the current DCU 10 years ago. See how that works? Jon is 10 and they're missing 10 years. Fits pretty perfectly to allow Jon to be born in the DCU proper.

but those three might still remember their time as "time refugees."
    I think maybe Clark alone will have these memories thanks to Mxy. And he'll sift through them to understand what Oz wants. Or he might just remember bits of it? I can't be sure.

I mean, don't you think it'd be a bit of a cop out for DC to play up just how different this Superman is from the rest of the characters (as they are in the Post-FP timeline) and tease how his memories go all the way back to the Silver Age and also tease how he has something to do with the larger Rebirth storyline only to have them say "never mind, he's completely acclimated to this timeline now" in an a self-contained arc with Mxy, who doesn't seem at all concerned with any of the Rebirth stuff?
    Well, no, I don't. I think the idea might be that Superman and his family reintegrating themselves completely with their pre-52-like memories and "infecting" all of the other heroes and people who's lives they've touched will be like Superman combating the tampering of the DCU by just being fully part of it. He'll bring back the long standing relationships built in post-crisis, the joy and imagination of pre-crisis. Batman will now remember adventures where he dressed up in a rainbow suit and wasn't quite as dark.

It's basically like how Wally integrated himself into the New 52 and fundamentally changed it by bringing in pre-52, but also had to let go of how Pre-52 was verbatim (read Titans annual). I mean, DC went out of their way to bring Clark and Wally together for an issue to hint at their similarity, I feel.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think one disappointing that about this is gonna be Superman using the same suit throughout all his new history.

Extraordinary Member

No we don't know that, but the very fact that he will have worn the amalgamated suit at all in his history confirms that he'll be retconed in. He could've worn the classic suit before that, the Rebirth one after that, and then the Reborn suit after that. But the point is that this suit worn by him at all and that it's a clear amalgamation of the New 52 and classic. That's a retcon.
    We don't know that he wore it in his history, though. All we know is that he will be wearing it. But will it be the case that he's worn it or that he just puts it on after Reborn after learning that he and the New 52 Superman were always one and the same?

If you mean after Reborn he puts on the amalgamated suit then I find it highly unlikely because the whole point of that issue is Clark remembering his past. Logic would dictate that the suit is in his past. Also there's the fact that we know what suit he'll be wearing after Reborn.
    Clark already remembers his past. Like, 100% he remembers his past. That's kind of been the whole point of his appearances so far. He remembers things that everyone else has forgotten. Nuperman was the one who didn't remember his past.

We all thought that this story's villain was seeking to reboot Superman's history, but that's turned out not to be the case. It turns out that this is Mxy (with all his Pre-Flashpoint memories intact as well) simply jealous that Superman is spending too much time with his son and "forgotten" about him.

Yes and no. It seems like there will be inherent alterations to the Pre-flashpoint memories, hence why the Teen Titans look the way they look and why Pre-52 Wally was altered once he fit himself into the current DCU.
    Uh, Wally still has his memories of Pre-Flashpoint intact. He's never forgotten his marriage to Linda even after experiencing that Speed Force "dream" about "letting go." Abnett has also confirmed that he intends to have Wally remember more Pre-Flashpoint memories as time goes on, not less.

So basically I'm thinking it'll be Pre-52 but with alterations ala Wally and the Titans, and said alterations will open the door for Jon being born in the current DCU 10 years ago. See how that works? Jon is 10 and they're missing 10 years. Fits pretty perfectly to allow Jon to be born in the DCU proper.
    No, because Jon came after Lois and Clark already had their 10 years restored to their lives.

I think maybe Clark alone will have these memories thanks to Mxy. And he'll sift through them to understand what Oz wants. Or he might just remember bits of it? I can't be sure.
    Why would Clark be the only one to remember? Don't you think anything he knows, Lois would also know?

Well, no, I don't. I think the idea might be that Superman and his family reintegrating themselves completely with their pre-52-like memories and "infecting" all of the other heroes and people who's lives they've touched will be like Superman combating the tampering of the DCU by just being fully part of it. He'll bring back the long standing relationships built in post-crisis, the joy and imagination of pre-crisis. Batman will now remember adventures where he dressed up in a rainbow suit and wasn't quite as dark.
    I think restoring Pre-Flashpoint continuity pretty much in-whole alongside consistent Post-Flashpoint canon is the end goal of the whole Rebirth event, not of a four-issue arc in Superman. Plus, again, almost everything about Rebirth has emphasized just how much Superman differs from everyone else because of his remembrance of the Pre-Flashpoint DCU. And they've teased that that ties into the larger Rebirth mystery. It would be kind of a cop out if DC said all of a sudden "nope, never mind, now he remembers what everyone else remembers."

It's basically like how Wally integrated himself into the New 52 and fundamentally changed it by bringing in pre-52, but also had to let go of how Pre-52 was verbatim (read Titans annual). I mean, DC went out of their way to bring Clark and Wally together for an issue to hint at their similarity, I feel.
    Titans hasn't received an annual. As for the issue you're talking about, again, Wally still remembers exactly what he remembered when Titans began. The Speed Force dream he had about Linda didn't erase any of his memories.

I get what you're saying, but it would seemingly go against the whole point of Rebirth and make all their emphasis over the past year of Superman being the proverbial "Pre-Flashpoint fish out of water" null.

I think its instructive that Lana thinks (and NuLois and Nuperman pretty much confirm) that she's going to forget her New 52 memories. Again, I think the arc MIGHT end with Mxy restoring to everyone else in Superman's supporting cast what he remembers of Superman's past (i.e. the Pre-Flashpoint continuity), but Clark and Lois and Jon still remembering that they were "time refugees." OR it could just end with Mxy revealing to Supes that he's NOT from another universe and that this has always been their home universe. Though, neither of us can really say for sure.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-08-2017 at 10:47 PM.

We don't know that he wore it in his history, though. All we know is that he will be wearing it. But will it be the case that he's worn it or that he just puts it on after Reborn after learning that he and the New 52 Superman were always one and the same?
    I mean, come on, this seems highly unlikely. It sounds pretty silly that Superman would wear an amalgamated suit for just one issue. It sounds even stranger when you factor in that said issue will be the issue where Superman is recounting his past as he now remembers it post-Reborn. That so superfluous in every way. I'd give it to you if he were keeping that suit after that one issue, but we know for a fact that he's going to be wearing the new reborn suit.

Clark already remembers his past. Like, 100% he remembers his past. That's kind of been the whole point of his appearances so far. He remembers things that everyone else has forgotten.
    That's incorrect. He remembers an alternate timeline. That is different from remembering the past of people that are younger than you. Clark's whole thing is that he's from an alternate timeline. Nuperman has experienced a diverging set of events from Superdad. Clark can't remember his past because they live different lives. He remembers a version of everyone's past and future (he is older).

It turns out that this is Mxy (with all his Pre-Flashpoint memories intact as well) simply jealous that Superman is spending too much time with his son and "forgotten" about him.
    I'm sorry, but none of this rules out the idea that Clark's past will change in some ways and stay the same in others. I mean, is the Bizarro Mxy turned into not the New 52 tunkless version? Somethings will change and somethings will stay the same is basically what I feel.

Uh, Wally still has his memories of Pre-Flashpoint intact. He's never forgotten his marriage to Linda even after experiencing that Speed Force "dream" about "letting go." Abnett has also confirmed that he intends to have Wally remember more Pre-Flashpoint memories as time goes on, not less.
    Yes but you seem to be overlooking the fact that Wally now has memories of the past Titans that don't line up with the Pre-52 Titans aesthetically and, in some cases, story-wise. For all intents and purposes that's a new version of Wally's history with strong pre-52 elements.

No, because Jon came after Lois and Clark already had their 10 years restored to their lives.
    I'm honestly not sure what you mean by this.

Why would Clark be the only one to remember? Don't you think anything he knows, Lois would also know?
    It's a working theory at this point, but I find it fascinating that Lois forgot Jon but Clark didn't. Obviously, I'm sure Lois will remember her son by the end of this (if not sooner), but this leaves the possibility open that after all is said and done Clark may keep a good bit of memories in order to fight Oz. Again, it's a working theory. It's the one thing I'm not super sure on.

I think restoring Pre-Flashpoint continuity pretty much in-whole alongside consistent Post-Flashpoint canon is the end goal of the whole Rebirth event, not of a four-issue arc in Superman.
    Obviously. But I'm saying that this integration may sooth some of the symptoms left by the tampering. It's basically the same principle as when Wally forced his way back into the DCU. It soothed some of the symptoms by reforming bonds (as an amalgamated history), and putting Barry and Bruce on the case. I think Superman might have a similar effect.

As for the issue you're talking about, again, Wally still remembers exactly what he remembered when Titans began. The Speed Force dream he had about Linda didn't erase any of his memories.
    But he has clearly introduced a new history to the Titans that has idea of the pre-52, but is clearly different both aesthetically and in some details. The history that he now shares with the other Titans is not verbatim Pre-52.

I get what you're saying, but it would seemingly go against the whole point of Rebirth and make all their emphasis over the past year of Superman being the proverbial "Pre-Flashpoint fish out of water" null.
    I don't agree.

I think its instructive that Lana thinks (and NuLois and Nuperman pretty much confirm) that she's going to forget her New 52 memories.
    Lana was not an electrical engineer pre-52. She was not dating John. She had a kid. And she wasn't a superhero. Yet the opposite of all of these things will stay true post-Reborn. Lana is clearly still dating John. She's clearly still an engineer. And she is a superhero. Again, just look at the cover and solicitation for Superwoman's post-Reborn issue. She's wondering what she'll remember in relation to Clark and Lois.

Honestly, it sounds like you've made up you're mind on all of this, so a drawn out debate seems pointless. I'm more than content to let the chips fall where they may in the next two to four weeks when we see the end of Reborn and it's aftermath. I can't tell the future, and if I'm wrong then I guess there's that, but I'm gonna stop this debate here, if it's all the same to you. Peace.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, come on, this seems highly unlikely. It sounds pretty silly that Superman would wear an amalgamated suit for just one issue. It sounds even stranger when you factor in that said issue will be the issue where Superman is recounting his past as he now remembers it post-Reborn. That so superfluous in every way. I'd give it to you if he were keeping that suit after that one issue, but we know for a fact that he's going to be wearing the new reborn suit.
    THAT'S what I'm saying. That THIS might just be his suit going forth, not a retcon to what he wore in the past.

That's incorrect. He remembers an alternate timeline. That is different from remembering the past of people that are younger than you. Clark's whole thing is that he's from an alternate timeline. Nuperman has experienced a diverging set of events from Superdad. Clark can't remember his past because they live different lives. He remembers a version of everyone's past and future (he is older).
    Did you miss the Rebirth one shot where they said Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 timelines were one and the same? They literally beat us over the head with that explanation. All the "diverging sets of events" that Superman experienced that Nuperman did not presumably were contained in those missing 10 years.

So, it is very much his past.

I'm sorry, but none of this rules out the idea that Clark's past will change in some ways and stay the same in others. I mean, is the Bizarro Mxy turned into not the New 52 tunkless version? Somethings will change and somethings will stay the same is basically what I feel.
    The Bizarro he transforms into is not the Rebirth Bizarro that's popping up in RHATO. And the Cyborg Superman that he transforms into is certainly not the one in Supergirl. And he's certainly different from the completely human Hank Henshaw we've seen in the New 52.

Some things MAY change, but definitely nothing important. And I don't know why Mxy would change anything of import. I mean, from what we've seen he remembers the same old red trunks-wearing Superman we've read for decades. Wouldn't THAT be the guy he sees to it comes out the other end of this?

Yes but you seem to be overlooking the fact that Wally now has memories of the past Titans that don't line up with the Pre-52 Titans aesthetically and, in some cases, story-wise. For all intents and purposes that's a new version of Wally's history with strong pre-52 elements.
    Yeah, but the Rebirth event has cemented that the timeline isn't as it should be. I mean, the timeline as it is has Wally never having been Flash. But Wally remembers being Flash. Iris and Barry were also never married in the current "timeline", but Wally also remembers Barry and Iris's marriage.

I'm just saying, don't take the flashbacks in books like Titans at such face value because if Geoff means it when he says Rebirth is meant to make everything from before 2011 count again, it means that that stuff might be up for grabs.

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by this.
    If what I hypothesize about Nuperman and NuLois is right, then when they "died," they simply reverted back to their Pre-Flashpoint selves because they were sent out of the timeline. In other words, they regained their 10 years. THEN, things just transpired the way told in the Lois & Clark mini and then onwards.

Obviously. But I'm saying that this integration may sooth some of the symptoms left by the tampering. It's basically the same principle as when Wally forced his way back into the DCU. It soothed some of the symptoms by reforming bonds (as an amalgamated history), and putting Barry and Bruce on the case. I think Superman might have a similar effect.
    I think its going to put Clark on the case too, but just not the way you think.

But he has clearly introduced a new history to the Titans that has idea of the pre-52, but is clearly different both aesthetically and in some details. The history that he now shares with the other Titans is not verbatim Pre-52.
    But that's only because of the effects of Flashpoint.

I don't agree.
    Okay....?

Lana was not an electrical engineer pre-52. She was not dating John. She had a kid. And she wasn't a superhero. Yet the opposite of all of these things will stay true post-Reborn. Lana is clearly still dating John. She's clearly still an engineer. And she is a superhero. Again, just look at the cover and solicitation for Superwoman's post-Reborn issue. She's wondering what she'll remember in relation to Clark and Lois.
    Exactly. Lois and Clark's Pre-FP history will likely see a recanonization to the timeline (their marriage, their jobs, the major events of the Superman mythos like the Death and Return arc...), and everyone will remember THEM. Whether or not other elements of the Superman universe revert back as well will have to wait until after the entire Rebirth event runs its course. If her memories of Clark and Lois are up for grabs, what else is? Once Rebirth is over, would she maybe remember being married to Pete?

And furthermore, what will Clark be relating to Bruce and Diana about Reborn if Mxy alters his past and memories to fit this timeline? Wouldn't he just think that they remember him already?

I guess we should just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-09-2017 at 01:17 AM.

THAT'S what I'm saying. That THIS might just be his suit going forth, not a retcon to what he wore in the past.
    Okay. I honestly just wanna make sure I'm understanding you comments correctly, so please take no condescension from this next question. Are you saying that you believe Post-Reborn Superman will be wearing this in present day? The suit on the cover of Action Comics that looks like the New 52 suit but with no collar. Is that correct? This is the suit I'm talking about when I say "amalgam suit," just to clarify.

And you don't think that he'll be wearing this suit?

If I may ask, what do you think is going to happen to this second suit? And why do you think DC would allow the press to label it Superman's "new" suit, yet no one says said anything about the amalgam suit.

Or was I somehow unclear or confusing in my last post? Mind you, I'm satisfied with the conclusion of our debate, but I'm just looking for clarification on this point alone. Thanks in advance.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

yeah I can't get to sleep tonight...I'm kind of nightowl lol

i'll try and clarify some of zeeguys statements, will he wear the new suit after superman 20? Yes. Will it erase all his other suits? No. Will "Reborn" have the effects we first thought it would have? No.

Does the timeline line up to suit Jon without a further rebirth conclusion? No. Who Watches the Watchmen? I don't know but there coming to the DCU.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Another thing i've noticed from that action cover guys is that Supes seems to be wearing his Rebirth suit, not the superman 20 suit, although the boots are red, in the corner by the planet? Artistic License maybe?

And on the cover for Trinity 8, which definitely takes place as part of the Reborn Aftermath, he is still wearing his Rebirth costume. He's also wearing his Rebirth costume (look for the fist cuffs) on the cover of Supergirl 8 (also a part of Aftermath) And also possibly Super Sons. My guess is that he probably still wears his Rebirth costume for a little while afterwards and then switches (for whatever reason) in Superman 20. He can be seen wearing it on the cover of Superman 22 (look at the "M" boots) and thereafter.

It's noteworthy though that he is wearing the superman 20 girdle costume on the variant of Action 976. Although I'll take that with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes; 03-09-2017 at 04:21 AM.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If we're talking about Action 977, I have to say that artistic license is a pretty big likelihood. Aside from the central figure I don't exactly think Kubert was gunning for a whole lot of detail.

I also kinda take Jimenez with a grain of salt, because what I see stated in this comic has yet to line up with the details given in Superman. I don't see blowing the doors off the whole thing in a satellite title, but maybe that's the point.

Extraordinary Member

Okay. I honestly just wanna make sure I'm understanding you comments correctly, so please take no condescension from this next question. Are you saying that you believe Post-Reborn Superman will be wearing this in present day? The suit on the cover of Action Comics that looks like the New 52 suit but with no collar. Is that correct? This is the suit I'm talking about when I say "amalgam suit," just to clarify.

And you don't think that he'll be wearing this suit?

If I may ask, what do you think is going to happen to this second suit? And why do you think DC would allow the press to label it Superman's "new" suit, yet no one says said anything about the amalgam suit.

Or was I somehow unclear or confusing in my last post? Mind you, I'm satisfied with the conclusion of our debate, but I'm just looking for clarification on this point alone. Thanks in advance.
    I just assumed that what you call the "amalgam suit" is not a separate suit from the Post-Reborn suit. Looking at the top-left corner and the bottom-right corner of the cover, the suit he's seen in looks an awful lot like the suit he's going to be wearing after Reborn. Plus, those scenes don't really look like they're taken from past story arcs/panels. They're just...things that Superman would do so might be things that he just does after Reborn. The one in the upper-right corner looks like its just his current look, because the New 52 suit's belt never looked like that.

What's most instructive, though, is that the only two scenes taken from past panels, the wedding scene and the birth of Jon, show them wearing exactly what they were wearing as those scenes were originally published. Kubert even copied Lois's wedding dress down to the last detail and the way her hair was done. Additionally, if Jon was born in the real world, as opposed to Thomas Wayne's Batcave, wouldn't Lois have gone to a regular hospital? And as such, wouldn't Clark be wearing his civies and definitely not be swaddling Jon in his cape in front of hospital staff and patients who are not supposed to know his secret identity?

Plus, I don't know why they'd show us flashbacks with Clark wearing his red trunks look for two issues in a row if they're going to then erase those trunks from the record. I could be wrong, but doesn't that seem counterintuitive? Though, its not really the trunks, but more so the events that took place while he was in the trunks.

I will say, though, that if they pull an OMD-type retcon (never thought I'd be looking to that story for inspiration) where they basically just say that Superman's Pre-FP history is recanonized and remains essentially intact as it was, but that the only change is that Jon was now chilling out in the background during some of those stories, I will be happy.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-09-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    If we're talking about Action 977, I have to say that artistic license is a pretty big likelihood. Aside from the central figure I don't exactly think Kubert was gunning for a whole lot of detail.
    Artistic license is a possibility, and honestly, I hope that's the case. I'm a fan of the classic suit staying in continuity. But what I see on the cover looks a little deliberate. I mean, those are classic Superman things to do, but they're all being done by a Superman that has neither the Rebirth blue boots and metallic cuffs, or the new post-Reborn "M" belt with the yellow center.

I mean, doesn't that just look like the New 52 suit but with normal cuffs, boots, and no lines? Is that just me?

I just assumed that what you call the "amalgam suit" is not a separate suit from the Post-Reborn suit. Looking at the top-left corner and the bottom-right corner of the cover, the suit he's seen in looks an awful lot like the suit he's going to be wearing after Reborn. Plus, those scenes don't really look like they're taken from past story arcs/panels. They're just...things that Superman would do so might be things that he just does after Reborn. The one in the upper-right corner looks like its just his current look, because the New 52 suit's belt never looked like that.

See, I knew there was a breakdown in communication. My bad.

But yeah, don't you find it strange that Kubert would go to all the trouble of rendering the scene from Convergence and the wedding--especially Lois' dress--"down to the last detail" as you say, but then he'd get lazy enough to depict a suit that doesn't share any of the defining characteristics of any of the suits we've seen before? Isn't that a bit odd?

It doesn't have the New 52 high collar, cuffs, boots, or lines. It doesn't have the classic trunks. It doesn't have the Rebirth metallic cuffs or blue boots. It doesn't have the Post-Reborn "M" belt or yellow center.

Kubert went as far to render Lois' hairstyle and color form the wedding, but somehow he drops the ball on the suit? That seems unlikely, to me. Given the detail put into the left side of the cover, I can only assume that the right side was deliberate too. Just look at how much detail he put into Jimmy and Perry's outfits or the camera strap on Jimmy's shoulder.

I don't know what to tell you guys. I'm not convinced that this isn't a change to Superman's past. So, I guess we'll just wait a few weeks and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think one disappointing that about this is gonna be Superman using the same suit throughout all his new history.
    Here's how I think that's going to shake down. Assuming some elements of New 52 Superman's experiences stick around, I think Superman will get the Rebirth suit from the Collector of World's ship. He'll be wearing the classic suit beforehand as both Superboy and as Superman for a few years. He'll then switch to the Reborn suit and wear that until he goes back to his original suit in Action Comics #1000.

All-New Member

Put me down for the end result being a kind of ultimate Superman with a continuity containing elements of all eras.

It's been interesting to watch this forum become divided much like "red" and "blue" states in politics...over what is literally being revealed to be versions of Superman Red and Superman Blue. But there's no one "true" Superman...they're ALL Superman, and I think that will be the message and lesson from Johns and company.

If I had to make a wish for the new status quo, it'd be for Lois to regain a more classic look like we saw in the New 52. Looks like we aren't getting it, but there's really no reason that she still has to look like Teri Hatcher in the '90s, fer crissakes.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Here's how I think that's going to shake down. Assuming some elements of New 52 Superman's experiences stick around, I think Superman will get the Rebirth suit from the Collector of World's ship. He'll be wearing the classic suit beforehand as both Superboy and as Superman for a few years. He'll then switch to the Reborn suit and wear that until he goes back to his original suit in Action Comics #1000.
    If by original, you mean the undies, I hope not.