Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

The delays in this series have really made it difficult to remember what's going on. The second issue came out in July of last year and this is only #7! Two months between 4, 5, and 6 each, then four months between 6 and 7 do not instill much faith in them concluding this in September. This issue was solicited to arrive in February! While what I can remember of it is good, if they know that Snyder can't keep to a schedule for another monthly, just do it as a TP and get it over with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bayma View Post
    The delays in this series have really made it difficult to remember what's going on. The second issue came out in July of last year and this is only #7! Two months between 4, 5, and 6 each, then four months between 6 and 7 do not instill much faith in them concluding this in September. This issue was solicited to arrive in February! While what I can remember of it is good, if they know that Snyder can't keep to a schedule for another monthly, just do it as a TP and get it over with.
    Snyder? his scriots are finished, the problem is Jim Lee pencilling

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    .....That's stupid. He already died once. He most likely accepted his mortality a long time ago, and if he didn't, it means he took his rising from the grave litterally and that it would take than facing his own death again to make him accept it.
    Snyder even wrote him talking about his death, in the first issue of Swamp Thing. So, really, WTF.
    until they really confirm that he really died, because there isn't any consensus that he really died and how it affected him.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 07-20-2014 at 07:22 AM.

pasourw

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

until they really confirm that he really died, because there isn't any consensus that he really died and how it affected him.
    In Superman #32, they reference his death and return there. Also, and sorry I can't specifically recall, there have been a couple of other New52 moments where Clark has referred to his death.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

There's been a dozen references to the fact he died, and one comment that was amlbiguous about it.
    He's been dead. Deal with it.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

There's been a dozen references to the fact he died, and one comment that was amlbiguous about it.
    He's been dead. Deal with it.
    whateever things are being retconned everyday. but he still is mature about it. if he was the new 52 superman, he would be all "I don't wanna die again"

Quote Originally Posted by pasourw View Post
    In Superman #32, they reference his death and return there. Also, and sorry I can't specifically recall, there have been a couple of other New52 moments where Clark has referred to his death.
    If he really died I would hope for some exploration of that, in swamp thing the first issues say that he died but the scripts/pitch were done for before new 52. what if superman 32 is referecing doomed?
    Last edited by Blacksun; 07-22-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So what did people think of the art this issue? It seems more polished even though I was liking the looser style Lee was using.

whateever things are being retconned everyday. but he still is mature about it. if he was the new 52 superman, he would be all "I don't wanna die again
    -Okay, if there is one completely baseless accusation one can make, it's that New 52 Superman is especially afraid of death.

BANNED

-Okay, if there is one completely baseless accusation one can make, it's that New 52 Superman is especially afraid of death.
    new 52 is not strong in his mind like he is with his body, at least it is my interpretation

new 52 is not strong in his mind like he is with his body, at least it is my interpretation
    And it is based on what, exactly? Even Soule 's Superman (which is the most indecisive I can think of) basically sacrificed himself to save WW without the slightest hesitation. That doesn't sound like the behaviour of someone who is afraid of death.
    Interpretations make sense if you can back them up with facts. Otherwise.... That's called a lie.
    Example: Pre 52 Superman is a closet pedophile that secretely wished he would get involved in a threesome with Jimmy and Superboy. I have nothing to back this up, but hey-this is my interpretation.