Default Superman...Reborn!, Superman Reborn, and DC Comics Rebirth

SPOILER warning for today's Action Comics #975.

Okay, so...

Mxy was trapped by Mr. Oz, then escaped and "hid" as Fake Clark.

He realizes who he is, erases the Smith House (perhaps also meaning their time there as "The Whites") and then abducts Jon.

My take on this is that Mxy has been responsible for far more than just being Fake Clark and taking Jon. He's clearly determined to get revenge on Superman.

I'm starting to wonder is Mxy is responsbile for Superman Blue/Red.

Think about it: it's been 21 years and we have yet to see a satisfactory explanation for the Superman Blue/Red stories. The story itself wasn't clear how it all happened.

We know Johns was behind Superman Reborn (and all of Rebirth, even just in plotting/giving story points) and that he loves explaining things from past continuity.

So, Mxy is behind Blue/Red, not for the sake of revenge (though it could be, since he's not beholden to time) and then he needs to create a new "plaything" since Superman is gone. He creates the New 52 Superman and Lois from the same energy he used to create Superman Blue and Red, thus explaining New 52 Superman and Lois's deaths and Lois and Lana's powers.

I also get the impression that Mxy may be behind Rebirth itself, or at least very large portions of it. Is he working with Manhattan? Did he perhaps assist Manhattan in manipulating Flashpoint to create the New 52?

Mxy might be working with Manhattan as a way of getting revenge on Clark. Meanwhile, Oz had his own plans for Superman. Could be Oz was behind bringing Clark, Lois, and Jon to their original (though altered) Earth after their journey to COIE.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    SPOILER warning for today's Action Comics #975.
    Think about it: it's been 21 years and we have yet to see a satisfactory explanation for the Superman Blue/Red stories. The story itself wasn't clear how it all happened.

We know Johns was behind Superman Reborn (and all of Rebirth, even just in plotting/giving story points) and that he loves explaining things from past continuity.
    So, Mxy is behind Blue/Red, not for the sake of revenge (though it could be, since he's not beholden to time) and then he needs to create a new "plaything" since Superman is gone. He creates the New 52 Superman and Lois from the same energy he used to create Superman Blue and Red, thus explaining New 52 Superman and Lois's deaths and Lois and Lana's powers.
    I kinda think Mr. Oz is behind the whole multiple Supermen thing, But idk Mxy seems to be looming large over 52 Supes in that Action variant cover. The big reason I wasn't big on Mxy being mystery clark is the whole villainous aura about him. Mxy has always been mischievous, but never downright creepy, villian style, but the whole "under the spell" thing and his motivations for doing so make sense. (although I thought he was likely the prisoner that escaped, but one in the same! uhhg...its too much lol)
    I also get the impression that Mxy may be behind Rebirth itself, or at least very large portions of it. Is he working with Manhattan? Did he perhaps assist Manhattan in manipulating Flashpoint to create the New 52?
    I'm back and forth about this, just from reading Action 975 it doesn't look like he has alot to do with the greater plot of Rebirth, he's certainly not friends with Mr. Oz. lol. Is he working with Manhattan? 50/50 I'd say. DC hasn't given us anything to go on but I would not be surprised if he was or new more than he's letting on.

Mxy might be working with Manhattan as a way of getting revenge on Clark. Meanwhile, Oz had his own plans for Superman. Could be Oz was behind bringing Clark, Lois, and Jon to their original (though altered) Earth after their journey to COIE.
    Based on what we know so far I'd have to agree, Mr. Oz has his own set plans for superman, that and him appearing in the Rebirth one-shot. Dude doesn't really seem to care much about the greater DCU outside Superman, so...yeah I think he could definitely be behind taking/Bringing back post crisis Supes. We still dont know who took the "red energy" in the first place to create the new 52 Supes. Mr. Oz is a pretty good guess though.
    Last edited by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes; 03-08-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Basically... Post Crisis Superman+Earth one Superman= Secret Origin Superman=Superdad on the other side we have... Mr. Oz.+"red energy"+?= New 52 Supes. But whatever ends up happening with the red blue thing I think you've gotta keep the New 52 Superman timeline it's own thing. That's the only way Jon and the whole Tomasi run makes sense. Clark can't remember being two different people at the same time lol. And Jurgens has said he wanted Jon to be about 10 and had no interest in writing Superbaby. Ollie merged with himself in Quiver but it didn't reset the universe lol, if anything happens like that I think it will be similar. If some fans don't get why Superdad isn't closer to the Justice League once he reveals what's really going on with Rebirth and they realize they are both from the same universe and remember each other those inhibitions will go away so no need to worry.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Basically... Post Crisis Superman+Earth one Superman= Secret Origin Superman=Superdad on the other side we have... Mr. Oz.+"red energy"+?= New 52 Supes. But whatever ends up happening with the red blue thing I think you've gotta keep the New 52 Superman timeline it's own thing. That's the only way Jon and the whole Tomasi run makes sense. Clark can't remember being two different people at the same time lol. And Jurgens has said he wanted Jon to be about 10 and had no interest in writing Superbaby. Ollie merged with himself in Quiver but it didn't reset the universe lol, if anything happens like that I think it will be similar. If some fans don't get why Superdad isn't closer to the Justice League once he reveals what's really going on with Rebirth and they realize they are both from the same universe and remember each other those inhibitions will go away so no need to worry.
    I think we're going to see the New 52 and Lois & Clark stories "folded" into a new continuity. It's not too hard to do: the good stuff from New 52 Superman's history (the Morrison stuff and maybe dating WW for a time) is part of this post-Reborn Superman's continuity now. He and Lois are abducted by Brainiac and are gone for a year, but since the New 52 Superman never existed, Metropolis and the rest of the DCU goes without a Superman for a year.