Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

All Star was a team up book. Sensation Comics would be awesome but DC probably thinks Diana would not sell well or give her a chance.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    All Star was a team up book. Sensation Comics would be awesome but DC probably thinks Diana would not sell well or give her a chance.
    I mean, it's a double edged problem - DC doesn't believe she'll sell well enough (they've cancelled two ongoing series - even in the lower-risk digital first market - in the past three years), and they're not necessarily wrong.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Throw Donna, Cassie, Steve and Etta in one book helping Diana and I'd probably buy every copy on my comic store

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Throw Donna, Cassie, Steve and Etta in one book helping Diana and I'd probably buy every copy on my comic store
    Yeah - I think Donna and Cassie and Diana together alone would justify trying out a second title.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

And the team up should be someone from Diana's history we don't see often or people in the JL we don't see often. I mean how would Booster Gold and Diana work together?

And the team up should be someone from Diana's history we don't see often or people in the JL we don't see often. I mean how would Booster Gold and Diana work together?
    I'd rather stick with the old WW characters/supporting cast, an occasional guest star can appear from time to time but WW/SC should be for Diana and her world.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'd rather stick with the old WW characters/supporting cast, an occasional guest star can appear from time to time but WW/SC should be for Diana and her world.
    Agreed. Though Clayface in Tec seems to indicate that DC is trying something similar - though Cheetah's role in Rucka's current run probably is playing with the same editorial desire.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Agreed. Though Clayface in Tec seems to indicate that DC is trying something similar - though Cheetah's role in Rucka's current run probably is playing with the same editorial desire.
    Clayface in TeC, Superlex in Action and Cheetah acting like a begrudgingly ally in Sensation/WW.

Now I wanna write something

I would be somewhat surprised if we don't see Wonder Woman get at least one other book as we near the release of the movie and hype/promotion for Wonder Woman is at an apex.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would be somewhat surprised if we don't see Wonder Woman get at least one other book as we near the release of the movie and hype/promotion for Wonder Woman is at an apex.
    They kinda missed their chance by not doing it in June along with the movie release. Issue #25 doesn't seem to be "new reader friendly" and the Steve Trevor one-shot barely counts, really.

DC has never really been as in sync with their movie releases as Marvel, though, so there's still a chance they might surprise us eventually.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    They kinda missed their chance by not doing it in June along with the movie release. Issue #25 doesn't seem to be "new reader friendly" and the Steve Trevor one-shot barely counts, really.

DC has never really been as in sync with their movie releases as Marvel, though, so there's still a chance they might surprise us eventually.
    Year one will be in trade by time the movie releases.

I hope they contact Rucka for help writing a future animated movie, along with a few other writers ofc.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 03-21-2017 at 12:26 AM.

So far only Gail Simone had written for the 200 animated movie. If it were up to you guys who would you pick?

So far only Gail Simone had written for the 200 animated movie. If it were up to you guys who would you pick?
    Anyone but Azzerello, after The Killing Joke.

I still need to watch Rucka's animated short in Gotham Knights, to see how he is as a screenwriter.

I just wish Lauren Montgomery were still at DC Animation. I liked her work a lot.

I'll be deeply disappointed if the only thing we're getting is the Year One TPB and the Steve one shot. Really, really, really. Guys. Really.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Too bad Earth One volume 2 isn't going to be completed in time for the movie.