Incredible Member

Default Hickmans Avengers vol. 4 & NA vol. 2 TPBs - what's the point?

So I've been mostly buying digital but I still get trades of certain stuff I like and I was just trying to figure out which trades I need to get to have Hickman's Avengers run on paper.

As I understand it there are vols 1-4 for Avengers and vols 1-3 for New Avengers. However, I cannot fathom why anyone would get Avengers vol 4 (Infinity issues) and New Avengers vol 2 (Infinity issues). All these issues are included in the Infinity hardcover/upcoming trade paperback. I could understand getting these volumes if there was a separate trade for just the infinity miniseries but there isn't. So you either buy the Avengers/New Avengers TPBs and then the Infinity hardcover meaning you bought the same issues twice OR you just buy the Avengers TPBs and miss out on large chunks of the story (Infinity miniseries). You guys get what I'm saying. I just don't understand who these separate volumes are aimed at. I would think that fans would skip these vols altogether and buy the Infinity HC instead.

Oh, and it's also annoying that Avengers vol 3 has issues 12-17 and the Infinity hardcover has issues 14-17 meaning I have to buy 14-17 twice or miss out on issues 12 and 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So I've been mostly buying digital but I still get trades of certain stuff I like and I was just trying to figure out which trades I need to get to have Hickman's Avengers run on paper.

As I understand it there are vols 1-4 for Avengers and vols 1-3 for New Avengers. However, I cannot fathom why anyone would get Avengers vol 4 (Infinity issues) and New Avengers vol 2 (Infinity issues). All these issues are included in the Infinity hardcover/upcoming trade paperback. I could understand getting these volumes if there was a separate trade for just the infinity miniseries but there isn't. So you either buy the Avengers/New Avengers TPBs and then the Infinity hardcover meaning you bought the same issues twice OR you just buy the Avengers TPBs and miss out on large chunks of the story (Infinity miniseries). You guys get what I'm saying. I just don't understand who these separate volumes are aimed at. I would think that fans would skip these vols altogether and buy the Infinity HC instead.

Oh, and it's also annoying that Avengers vol 3 has issues 12-17 and the Infinity hardcover has issues 14-17 meaning I have to buy 14-17 twice or miss out on issues 12 and 13.
    You do realize not everybody buys EVERYTHING from Marvel, don't you?

And what if they don't want the Infinity hardcover?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You do realize not everybody buys EVERYTHING from Marvel, don't you?

And what if they don't want the Infinity hardcover?
    How exactly was I talking about buying everything from Marvel? Seems like I was talking about a rather specific thing. Secondly, if you are buying the separate Avengers volumes then there is a high chance that you also want to get the Infinity miniseries, no? The story is incomplete and fragmented without it. It's like you didn't read my post at all.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 07-10-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    How exactly was I talking about buying everything from Marvel? Seems like I was talking about a rather specific thing. Secondly, if you are buying the separate Avengers volumes then there is a high chance that you also want to get the Infinity miniseries, no? The story is incomplete and fragmented without it. It's like you didn't read my post at all.
    No . . . I didn't read Infinity, Avengers, and New Avengers.

And you're still ignoring the possibility that people don't want it all when it comes to those things.

Maybe people bought Infinity in single issues but didn't buy Avengers and/or New Avengers? Are you going to FORCE THEM to buy the hardcover for Infinity if they just want the Avengers issues they don't have in single issues?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No . . . I didn't read Infinity, Avengers, and New Avengers.

And you're still ignoring the possibility that people don't want it all when it comes to those things.

Maybe people bought Infinity in single issues but didn't buy Avengers and/or New Avengers
    ? Are you going to FORCE THEM to buy the hardcover for Infinity if they just want the Avengers issues they don't have in single issues?
    Ahaa, we're getting somewhere. Now this is a possibility, yes. I still don't know how many people would do it this way, but sure, I'll accept it. I basically started this thread because for some reason this question popped in my head and started bugging me when I was looking at the trades.

BANNED

Despite what TomB says, it was pretty difficult to read Infinity without reading Avengers and New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Despite what TomB says, it was pretty difficult to read Infinity without reading Avengers and New Avengers.
    Which is why I'm glad I dropped Avengers before Infinity began, since I had no interest in Infinity or the New Third Reich . . . I mean, New Avengers.