Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, Dick was raped (and thats just the tip of the iceberg during those times). You don't think his mood was justified. Still wasn't a good look for the character regardless. Same is true for Steph.
    Yeah, I remember during those years, "At least you're not Nightwing" was a common phrase people would use whenever something bad happened to a character. They were just not letting up on putting Dick though crap.

His being depressed and whiny WAS justified, but what wasn't was how much of a jerk this caused him to be to everyone around him. (ESPECIALLY Babs)

And you're right, this isn't the kind of thing that looks good on Steph. But they want to go through the "Steph is the outsider of the Family" thing again, and as many problems as I have with Tynion's writing, this was a much better solution than just having Bruce come off as sexist like he did Pre-Flashpoint. Hopefully it'll be temporary, and we can get a Steph resembling Dixon's or BQM's.

LoL, Dick was raped (and thats just the tip of the iceberg during those times). You don't think his mood was justified. Still wasn't a good look for the character regardless. Same is true for Steph.
    Was his being raped ever given as the reason? Hell, DC never even treated it like a rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Was his being raped ever given as the reason? Hell, DC never even treated it like a rape.
    Like i said, him being raped was just the tip of the iceberg. Between the destruction of his home, Blockbuster's death, Babs dumping him, Donna's death, ect, ect. They gave us plenty of reason to for him to be in bad mood in those times. Too much in fact. Flat out overkill.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2017 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

Like i said, him being raped was just the tip of the iceberg. Between the destruction of his home, Blockbuster's death, Babs dumping him, Donna's death, ect, ect. They gave us plenty of reason to for him to be in bad mood in those times. Too much in fact. Flat out overkill.
    Agreed on most ends, but Babs dumping him was Dick's fault. He did NOT treat her right.

BANNED

The plan was to have one of those break'em down and buld them back up kind of things like Miller's Daredevil: Born Again.

Problem was that when Devin Grayson wanted to do the second part of that, DC ungreenlit it and instead decided to dig him in deeper because they were going to kill him off anyway in Infinite Crisis.

Ya, I know what the plan was. We got what we got though.

Ultimate Member

Honestly that arc did more damage to Stephanie's character than Bruce. I thought that it was really bad honestly. Especially since she just got brought back not too long before.

And the fact that it was essentially to rehash a story that was overdone to begin with makes it all the worse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The plan was to have one of those break'em down and buld them back up kind of things like Miller's Daredevil: Born Again.

Problem was that when Devin Grayson wanted to do the second part of that, DC ungreenlit it and instead decided to dig him in deeper because they were going to kill him off anyway in Infinite Crisis.
    The problem is that Devin Grayson just assumed that she'd get unlimited time to tell her story, but that's not how the comic business works (plans change and can sometimes changed quickly, so you shouldn't assume anything).

So she dragged it out unnecessarily long. The fact that she wasn't even on the second half of the story after all that time was not a wise choice imo. Her run was the poster child for decompression, and it got to be a slog to get through.

Not to mention that doing a Born Again-type of storyline for NIGHTWING of all characters makes no sense to begin with, and Frank Miller managed to tell that entire story from beginning to end in seven issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem is that Devin Grayson just assumed that she'd get unlimited time to tell her story, but that's not how the comic business works (plans change and can sometimes changed quickly, so you shouldn't assume anything).
    It's not how it used to work.
    And it is very unprofessional from DC.

So she dragged it out unnecessarily long. The fact that she wasn't even on the second half of the story after all that time was not a wise choice imo. Her run was the poster child for decompression, and it got to be a slog to get through.
    Well, no. The second part was supposed to have started some time before her run ended, but it got scrapped and instead she got forced to just keep pouring on the misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Yeah, I get what you meant. I also got that what ruffled the feathers for you was me calling Damian a brat. So there you go.

No what ruffled my feathers was that you were being so pedestrian.

The Robin who locks himself in a room with the Joker armed with only a Crowbar deserves better terminology especially from a Jason Todd fan.

Even if just for his failed attempt at poetic justice.

BANNED

A brat can be sophisticated, I`ve no issue with that.

Acting bratty has no automatic bearing on bad or good qualities a person is supposed to have. it`s a behaviour pattern from people who act like they`re entitled to.