Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #8 preview

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Oh, hey the new Oracle is branching out. Still not sure if im sold on him though.

Mighty Member

This is the first time that Helena and Dick have seen each other since Grayson. I'm gonna be salty as hell if all the focus is on Dick and Babs.

BANNED

I'm salty they just dragged Dick to job to who ever this is, maybe the Birds should now show up in Nightwing and get their asses handed to them by Deathwing.

Ehh, if it means he'll need some TLC from Babs and Helena he'll be alright.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-06-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ehh, if it means he'll some TLC from Babs and Helena he'll be alright.
    He's in a relationship though . Which might actually be why this issue is set now. All love triangle problems thrown away by another girl in the equation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ehh, if it means he'll some TLC from Babs and Helena he'll be alright.
    As long as they keep Gus away from that.

Dick seems a tad irritable here, though I guess having no idea who the new Oracle is he's a little prickly. As is Babs, somewhat .

Dick is usually a little prickly when it comes to other people taking up roles Babs has held.

ewww what a shitty way to use Nightwing

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think the new villain looks pretty nasty.

Still hoping that the Bensons stay true to Birds of Prey form and have Helena and Babs NOT catfight over Dick. Pretty confident they will, though.

Bummed that Claire Roe is off art again, though I do like Roge Antonio a lot. I just wish the art was one-artist-per-arc, rather than clearly fill in stuff.

The news that next month is focused on Dinah is interesting!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Still hoping that the Bensons stay true to Birds of Prey form and have Helena and Babs NOT catfight over Dick. Pretty confident they will, though.
    They've specifically said that's not going to happen:

CV: I like that. That makes a lot of sense. So what can you tell us about the next story arc, the “Blackbird” story arc. I know it looks like there’s gonna be some love triangle stuff going on there?

JB: Yeah a lot of people have sort of come to that conclusion, which is interesting, because so far, as I’ve been reading in NIGHTWING, he’s got a little bit of a new interest himself in Defacer, so I’m surprised people are thinking we’re gonna have catfighting in our book. I hope, if we’ve proven anything thus far, it’s that [with] this team the blood is thicker than water, and our girls are not gonna be fighting over any man any time soon.
    CV: To circle back to the love triangle thing *laughs*. That’s all we wanna know. Is there gonna be a love triangle or not, come on *laughs*.

JB: They definitely talk about it.

SB: Yeah its definitely talked about.

JB: Yeah but there’s no catfighting.

CV: I expect for these three there would not be any catfighting.

SB: Right, so first of all it would be a knock down drag out brawl, and people would get really hurt.

CV: You know you could do that for an entire issue and fans would love it.

SB: *laughs* But over a guy? Ugh.
    Last edited by Caivu; 03-07-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Hooray hoorah! (I just want to put in my prediction here before the issue comes out, so I can say "I told everyone so. " )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Thats good. My Dick/Helena romance dreams live another year. Now they just need to get their interacation right, since Helena no longer has any authority over Dick. I wonder how they will treat each other.

Yeah, I was not expecting a catfight, but I imagine there will be some tension there.