Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I like that she goes on talk shows, lol.

Oh Violet, you giant troll. I love it. Oh, and can we stop finally calling her "Ambiguously Bi" now? It was never that. Why would they put the rumors in that "magazine" if they weren't true? Why would she avoid talking about this same woman TWICE instead of saying "I'm not gay!" as a straight person almost certainly would? Why would THIS even be here:

tumblr_messaging_omg9muUUrL1rku3fs_400.jpg

ANYWAY, the art looks gorgeous and I'm excited to see a wide variety of excessively pissed off/aloof Violet faces.

An old Batman villain is joining the cast this issue:

http://www.newsarama.com/33484-mothe...n-as-well.html
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Pretty big issue. We get the deepest look yet as to what Gather House actually is and what Violet learned while there. It also seems to confirm that all those surreal panels that have occurred during fights or other actiony scenes are things Violet is actually seeing.

No mention of where Hemsley's bodyguard went. And Ratcatcher is living in Violet's basement now.

I was iffy on the new art at first, just seeing it uncolored. It was such a 180 from Edwards, and his art meshed so well with the writing. The coloring here tones down the cartoonishness a bunch, and enough to make it not look silly.
    Last edited by Caivu; 03-07-2017 at 11:15 PM.

A female in the Batman universe is not straight??? Gosh, that's original.

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    A female in the Batman universe is not straight??? Gosh, that's original.
    Gosh, you're very late.

I liked this issue. The drawing style made Violet and the others more recognizable that the precedent one. The pacing and way the pages were arranged was somewhat strange at time, but it didn't really bother me. In any case, Violet is one hell of a troubled woman.

Oh, I'll really miss John Paul Leon's art. Crystal's doesn't do it for me and Leon established such a unique visual identity that already seems a bit lost.
    The writing was still great, so I'm not ready to drop the book, but I'm still veru disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Oh, I'll really miss John Paul Leon's art. Crystal's doesn't do it for me and Leon established such a unique visual identity that already seems a bit lost.
    The writing was still great, so I'm not ready to drop the book, but I'm still veru disappointed.
    You mean Tommy Lee Edwards. Leon starts on issue #7.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I didn't enjoy this one as much as previous issues and I think it was because of the art. The writing continues to be great though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    You mean Tommy Lee Edwards. Leon starts on issue #7.
    Oh, sorry. That's great to know, thought. I think Leon is closer to Edwards's style.

Mighty Member

So is this chick gonna talk **** about Batman every issue, what the hell is her problem with him? Does she think she can do better than him or he's obsolete. I would say I can't wait till they meet face to face but I dread the jobbing that would occur. I can see it now...Batman shows up, says she crossing the line; she responds by cussing him out, calling him out. Then maybe a scuffle, she gets some hits in then makes her escape. He is left looking like a bully and a fool, par the course as of late.This reminds me of how things were when Batwoman first appeared, nevermind that Batman could destroy them both without breaking a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So is this chick gonna talk **** about Batman every issue...
    Maybe. It really has nothing to with Batman, but Violets character. She is a jaded rebel. She'll talk **** about anyone, and has a problem with everyone (except for her mom).
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-09-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So is this chick gonna talk **** about Batman every issue, what the hell is her problem with him? Does she think she can do better than him or he's obsolete.
    She doesn't like that Batman and the rest of the Batfamily act like they own Gotham (correct or not, she sees it that way). She's not trying to do better than Batman, either. She doesn't even consider herself a hero. She's solely out for revenge right now, even though her purer instincts seem to be winning out.

I would say I can't wait till they meet face to face but I dread the jobbing that would occur. I can see it now...Batman shows up, says she crossing the line; she responds by cussing him out, calling him out. Then maybe a scuffle, she gets some hits in then makes her escape. He is left looking like a bully and a fool, par the course as of late.
    She hasn't actually killed anyone yet, so she would need to do that first. Right now he and the rest of the Family are just watching her but seem fine with letting her do her thing for now.

This reminds me of how things were when Batwoman first appeared, nevermind that Batman could destroy them both without breaking a sweat.
    Kind of a weird non-sequitur here. When Batwoman first showed up (the modern one), Batman wasn't around, so... not really anything he could do about it. Plus she played nice, so no problems there, either.