Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Cool Could Lark Pick Up Where Orpheus Left Off?

Nightwing has bludhaven Should Lark Inherit The Hill?

The Hill is prominently black neighborhood in gotham filled with gang warfare before It was the black socially conscious hero Orpheus who came to make a difference.

Talk.jpg

But Not Anymore.

Duke Doesn't seem to be socially conscious like Gavin but dealing with the issues of Gothams inner city could give him new perspective after all Gavin was born rich and changed seeing how the world was. One Problem with Duke is he doesn't have his own thing something to stand apart from the rest of the bats but what if he went to the Hill? to become its new protector ? he would get some development he would get his own supporting characters and most importantly his own villains.

what you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UnderTheRedHood; 03-09-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

BANNED

I'd rather they bring a certain hotline back...

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Well, Yeah That Is A Good Idea Too
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Started a poll thread on this. Immediatly taken down...
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That's a really interesting idea! As long as they freaking give Duke a name and a status quo really, really soon...Snyder, I'm looking at you...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

That sounds like a solid idea, although maybe you can bring back a forcibly retired Oprheus as former protector of the Hill. He could still be the social consciousness, even though he lacks the capacity to fight the gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's a really interesting idea! As long as they freaking give Duke a name and a status quo really, really soon...Snyder, I'm looking at you...
    Amen to that. I mean, even the yellow suit has begun to grow on me (especially in the last Detective, where it was really beautiful) but I really think he needs a hero name and a base of operation sooner than later. D.C. has so far avoided the pitfalls they fall into with Harper (an hero in training wanting to be trained by the Bat without never being, which is, a statu quo they made too lasting, which is the root of all problems, even if I really liked Harper as Bluebird). Even if his hero name is Lark, confirming it once and for all would be great.

I thought he already had a position. He is Batman's sidekick a robin type like RR.

Duke is fine where he is I don't see any reason why he should leave Batman's side. He's filling the Robin/Red Robin function while Damian is busy elsewhere I don't see why that needs to change or why he needs to leave. Maybe later down the line when he has been well established and strikes out on his own.

No we don't need a phone line if a character exist then they should be used I don't like characters killed off regardless of who it is.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-11-2017 at 04:50 AM.

That's a really good idea! But yeah, I would let Orpheus show up as well and maybe Nell Little as another supporting character? Really liked her few appearances and she could be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I thought he already had a position. He is Batman's sidekick a robin type like RR.

Duke is fine where he is I don't see any reason why he should leave Batman's side. He's filling the Robin/Red Robin function while Damian is busy elsewhere I don't see why that needs to change or why he needs to leave. Maybe later down the line when he has been well established and strikes out on his own.

No we don't need a phone line if a character exist then they should be used I don't like characters killed off regardless of who it is.
    His "position" is beyond sub-par right now. He doesn't even have a name. He's not even by "Batman's side", he predominantly works out of the Bat cave and is rarely seen in action status. This style of accompanying has barely been flushed out. He's nothing like a Robin. Often times, I wish he was! He NEEDS something to give his character a boost.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    His "position" is beyond sub-par right now. He doesn't even have a name. He's not even by "Batman's side", he predominantly works out of the Bat cave and is rarely seen in action status. This style of accompanying has barely been flushed out. He's nothing like a Robin. Often times, I wish he was! He NEEDS something to give his character a boost.
    I too can't understand why they're not using him better or having him do more even if he is still training. He's already in a role but they're wasting it. That's what so frustrating and the reason why original poster even had to post this question in the 1st place. Call him Lark and partner him with Bruce he's already right there in the cave just use him already. This current strategy whatever it is seems stupid and hurts his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That's a really good idea! But yeah, I would let Orpheus show up as well and maybe Nell Little as another supporting character? Really liked her few appearances and she could be a good fit.
    Oh Yeahh Nell Would Fit in there nicely and they could even have an issue were Lark and Batwing Team up against Black Mask Or Something

#BATSQUAD

So the black hero has to work in the black neighborhood? "Yo dawg I am Lark!"...The hill was hilariously some white guys point of view of the hood. They might as well call it the Ghet-to lol. Maybe they can hire a black writer too...

People say the Duke hate isn't because he is black but I feel that's a god damn lie. Let him be a hero to the old white ladies...
    Last edited by SicariiDC; 03-16-2017 at 04:54 AM.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    People say the Duke hate isn't because he is black but I feel that's a god damn lie.
    If you actually knew how to defend Duke Thomas, you wouldn't be calling his detractors racist.

People liked the fact that Luke Cage on Netflix was based in Harlem and explored black culture in a multifaceted way so in theory this could be interesting.

I just dont want it to be the bulk of his character arc. I'm a ms marvel fan and i like that she's muslim and that it has a part to play in her life. I also like that its not the only thing defining her.

Tbh i didnt see Dick Grayson as a unique character till "Grayson" so just giving Duke the hills as his superhero beat isn't the full answer. He needs something more to be distinct because being distinct in Marvel/DC isnt an easy thing.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-16-2017 at 07:41 AM.