Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    First everyone was mad at the non diverse and the non gender balance of Blue & Gold + Fan Favorites gone.

Now they give us just that and it's still a problem?

Come on fam is Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?
    ohhh.png

wow.png

Truly one of the great questions of all time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Charles Soule will write a third X-Men team book, Astonishing X-Men.

Charles Soule.

The main Inhuman writer, who created the event in which the genocide-loving facists were portrayed as the good guys, while the characters being mass killed were character assassinated.

Really, there's only one thing a true X-Men fan can do: boycott Astonishing X-Men while supporting the other books. It's time we tell Marvel how enough is enough.
    Yeeeeah, I'm gonna pass on that boycott, thanks. The character line-up is awesome and Soule is a fantastic writer, when left to his own devices. I'll be eagerly picking this up.

Good luck on that boycott, though.

There is zero creativity behind X-Men Blue and Gold besides Magneto leading the O5. Iceman is still the book I'm most excited for. Never in a million years did I think he'd ever get his own ongoing solo series. Regardless of why he's getting it, he's getting it. Astonishing is definitely grabbing my attention more than Blue and Gold, and even with OML and Gambit, I'm still kind of more excited for Weapon X. Can't win 'em all. And I'm not complaining, because I never read the entire line anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    There is zero creativity behind X-Men Blue and Gold besides Magneto leading the O5. Iceman is still the book I'm most excited for. Never in a million years did I think he'd ever get his own ongoing solo series. Regardless of why he's getting it, he's getting it. Astonishing is definitely grabbing my attention more than Blue and Gold, and even with OML and Gambit, I'm still kind of more excited for Weapon X. Can't win 'em all. And I'm not complaining, because I never read the entire line anyway.
    I'm most hyped for Iceman and I'm not even a fan of the character. But it's the only book that's telling new stories and exploring new parts of the character instead of regurgitating old plots and casts to keep the fanbase sedated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm most hyped for Iceman and I'm not even a fan of the character. But it's the only book that's telling new stories and exploring new parts of the character instead of regurgitating old plots and casts to keep the fanbase sedated.
    Yeah it's definitely the "freshest" book, so to speak.

I'll tell ya what though.. I'm pretty excited for that Weapon X/Hulk crossover. Idc what anybody says.

Yeah I agree no X-Men reader should support his work when Soule shat on nearly all the X-Men in IvX. Most especially his handling of Psylocke and Rogue who are unfortunately in the roster and were reduced to talking and acting like morons to make the Inhumans look good.

Though everyone should be boycotting any Inhuman book with the Royal Family members Medusa and Blackbolt in it! And boycott their show too so it'll flop and Marvel will be embarrassed that they pushed the Inhumans and threw the mutants under the bus in the process.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yeah I agree no X-Men reader should support his work when Soule shat on nearly all the X-Men in IvX. Most especially his handling of Psylocke and Rogue who are unfortunately in the roster and were reduced to talking and acting like morons to make the Inhumans look good.

Though everyone should be boycotting any Inhuman book with the Royal Family members Medusa and Blackbolt in it! And boycott their show too so it'll flop and Marvel will be embarrassed that they pushed the Inhumans and threw the mutants under the bus in the process.
    Psylocke was really ridiculous. And about Rogue, I thought she was ok, I'm more offended about the fact that she's like the most famous/important X-Men to be affected by the cloud and now she'll be written by the guy who compared that to peanut.

Given from the new crop of X-Books, this is my favorite line-up, I'm not gonna take part in that boycott, either.

I reckon the only message Marvel will take from low sales numbers on Astonishing X-Men is that people don't like the X-Men anymore particularly the "classic" characters (well, at least reminiscent of the 90s cartoons which I love as soap opera-ish as it sometimes is). Yeah, no. I'm likely gonna buy a few variants for this, too.

What I will boycott are all Inhumans series (although is it considered a boycott if I was never interested in the first place?).
    Last edited by rui no onna; 03-09-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Yeah no. Psylocke is in it so I'm buying. In fact this is my most anticipated.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Random Black Guy View Post
    ohhh.png

wow.png

Truly one of the great questions of all time.
    Probably went over 95% of the threads head

It's true that this is a slow news day followed by yesterday's disaster, but this is ridiculous.

And in the good side, at least it's not Rememder.

If I was going to boycott it wouldn't be this book it would be XMB...

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    What about Generation X? That's probably in league with Iceman, Weapon X, and the Wolverine titles as far as creativity goes. Plus, it's one of the more diverse books.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Bishop!? Here's my money and my soul.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    God bless you.

Stop whining.
    No one is whining. This is a problem when there are so many diverse mutants you can use (ex Armor, Moonstar, Karma, Frenzy, Dust) yet one of the two main books only has one black person and a Jewish person. The second main book only has one white-passing Jewish person with the rest being white, a downgrade from Hopeless' ANX-Men group. And now Astonishing X-Men has one black person and some white girl in an Asian person's body, which is honestly worse than just having another white character.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    If I was going to boycott it wouldn't be this book it would be XMB...
    i agree out of the three mains im not getting BLUE. aside from Magneto its just the Teen O5. i dont care about those AU characters.
    X-Men Forever

I'm boycotting XMG because of it's contrived reasoning for trying to regress back to Claremontian storytelling, Guggenheim being "colorblind", and not adding more POC.

Plus, I don't want Bishop falling back into Limbo.