Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I'm complaining. Creepy, boring Fantomex? Would-be child killer Bishop? Freaking MYSTIQUE? And yet another book starring Old Man Logan?

All that plus Charles Soule = no thank you.

I'm going to give X-Men: Blue a shot because I trust Cullen Bunn (and his glorious handle on Magneto's character), but if it doesn't grab me I'm going to give up on the X-Men until Adult Scott returns and Emma is redeemed.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

We didn't need Logan. I wish they used another famous X-Men to sell this book.

That is my only complaint.

We can complain as much as we want. Not only is Soule, the same writer who just shit on all the X-Mem in favor of the Inhumans gets his own X-Team book but also my favorite character Emma Frost is now a mustache twirling victim and my other favorites Magik, Dazzler, Moonstar and Polaris are MIA while freaking Fantomex, Sabretooth and Mystique are getting full treatment.

Absolute mess. But then again it's not like it wasn't a mess since post Schism and AvX.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    There's always a contrarian... There's literally 6 Team Books and only overlap is OML because Wolverines always gonna do that.

How many people were crying Where's Bishop been? Boo hoo why can't Gambit be in a book? Why is Psylocke getting left out? Why is Rogue an Avenger etc etc
    Quite a few, outside of the Bishop example. maybe you just didn't realize it because it wasn't it wasn't an opinion your shared. (not a personal jab, it's something we all are guilty of at times.)

Amazing Member

There's always a contrarian... There's literally 6 Team Books and only overlap is OML because Wolverines always gonna do that.

How many people were crying Where's Bishop been? Boo hoo why can't Gambit be in a book? Why is Psylocke getting left out? Why is Rogue an Avenger etc etc
    I was always asking those questions in my head and now i'm more than satisfied

What's there to be ecstatic about? This is one of the most uninspired X-Rosters I've ever seen. It's a random hodgepodge of unaccounted for X-Men characters + plus OML and Fantomex, and it looks like they've been put together for the sake of putting them together (and placating malcontent fans). At least with Blue and Gold, there's a sense of team cohesiveness. And Soule's an average at best writer. All of this looks really average, almost boring. I'd be ecstatic if this were the NXM title I've been waiting under a decade for or if the cast consisted of characters like Polaris, Skids, Sage, Moonstar, etc...but all of this is average.

And who the bloody heck wants more of OML or any of Fantomex not written by Spurrier?

Average.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    What's there to be ecstatic about? This is one of the most uninspired X-Rosters I've ever seen. It's a random hodgepodge of unaccounted for X-Men characters + plus OML and Fantomex, and it looks like they've been put together for the sake of putting them together (and placating malcontent fans). At least with Blue and Gold, there's a sense of team cohesiveness. And Soule's an average at best writer. All of this looks really average, almost boring.

First everyone was mad at the non diverse and the non gender balance of Blue & Gold + Fan Favorites gone.

Now they give us just that and it's still a problem?

Come on fam is Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?

Amazing Member

This roster is the worst of the new line up tbh. Bishop who obsessed over murdering a child who hadn't done anything yet. Fantomex one of the worst new characters also took a villainous turn recently. Mystique..do I need to list her crimes? Rogue, traitor to the x men and avengers fangirl, maybe she is here to finish what her friend Wanda started? I would not put that past seoule, who is by far the biggest villain on this book. I truly feel sorry for fans of Betsy and Remy. I don't even consider oldo man logan, because let's be honest..he is not wolverine. Thank God Laura was spared from this book. Incoming Emma villain arc. Ugh.

BANNED

Give a mouse a cookie....
    Here ya go:

... just for you, my lil', murine friend.

First everyone was mad at the non diverse and the non gender balance of Blue & Gold + Fan Favorites gone.

Yes. Because the guy heading it spent about a dozen issues across two mini-series showing he has absolutely no understanding of nuance when it comes to even allegorical minority issues. And now he's got an X-Men team.

There's always a contrarian... There's literally 5 Team Books and only overlap is OML because Wolverines always gonna do that.

You are acting like the three people you've observed equal to some kind of consensus. I am hardly a contrarian, merely pounting out my honest opinion which seems to contadict with your seemingly rigid and narrow perception of fandom as a whole.

Also Bishop is the only added POC and his history seems to leave a muddy trail as to whether or not he is actually a positive addition.

And to reiterate, the dealbreaker here is Soule, not the cast, which while good is hardly setting my pants on fire.

Glad you are pleased but know you represent yourself and do not speak on my behalf.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 03-09-2017 at 12:21 PM.

The roster is fine, mostly, although I'd want to switch out Mystique and Fantomex for someone else. I'm just not sure why any X-fan should want to buy a Soule book after the disaster that was IVX. They should've put someone else on this .

No, I am gonna complain. Where is the diversity?

BANNED

Come on fam is Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?
    One black guy is hardly diverse. Yellowface Psylocke cancels him out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    One black guy is hardly diverse. Yellowface Psylocke cancels him out anyway.
    Mystique and Archangel represent all the blue people of the world, you can't forget that...

Also OML is Canadian AND from an alternate timeline (temporally diverse) and Gambit is...Cajun....err....Fantomex is French and....Rogue is Southern.

(yes, I'm being sarcastic)
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 03-09-2017 at 12:22 PM.