Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    100% agree! The only thing about this, Marvel isnt taking on pet projects anymore. The biggest example of this was PADs X-Factor or Spurriers Legacy run. X-Factor went on for years underselling but it did come to an end. He got another book, and it sold just about the same level, using characters on the same popularity level as he had before, if not higher in some instances, it got canceled under 20 issues. Matter of fact, if its not an Avengers title or based on MCU character, these things are getting 8 or maybe 12 issues before getting axed. Its much less about the quality of writing and more about mass appeal the numbers it's producing. Marvel is owned by Disney, and Disney is about that bottom line, not the expression of art, unless its providing sort of positive press (exposure equals $$$). AST got tons of positive press, with a cast primarily of role players outside of Wolverine (who was EVERYWHERE at the time) and it still got the axe.
    Sadly you are correct. I guess at some point we should expect 3-4 different books with the Teen 05 (as that's who they want to push rather than their adult counterparts, two of whom are dead and one practically exiled from the X-Men, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine/OML, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Psylocke, who is another perfect example of a character that was filler and throughout several successive drops and climbs in popularity seems to finally be in X-Men A list status (as in always used.) Rogue too now that she appears to be back in the X-Men house.

Essentially they'll cut it down to some kind of iteration of the 90s 12 blue/gold team members (teen, OML, whatever iteration is a fill in) and Nightcrawler and Kitty. And basically say to hell with all the rest they "weren't/aren't/can't be" popular, where it then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy where they are never popular because they are never used, and are never used because they are never popular.

The only significant growth of characters not in that set we have seen over the last 17 years has been Emma, Magik, Cable, Deadpool and X-23. Emma is now off the plate, Magik is in limbo (no pun intended) and Cable Deadpool and X-23 have their own thing of course. Everyone else except for the core, and even some of the core, has suffocated and suffered. (edit: I will add Monet to this too under PAD and Bunn only though, and Madrox under PAD).

FWIW I'm not saying that cast isn't the core X-Men. They are absolutely the core X-men, along with a few additional characters. But that shouldn't mean that the core is the only thing that is used. It should just comprise a good part, maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds of what's being used and let the remainder be given some kind of opportunity of a chance to grow. That's why books like X-Force (90's) Generation X/New Xmen, and X-Factor (all after the O5 version). They were comprised of cast that was NOT core and there was absolutely a need for those characters to call a place home.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 03-09-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post

Essentially they'll cut it down to some kind of iteration of the 90s 12 blue/gold team members (teen, OML, whatever iteration is a fill in) and Nightcrawler and Kitty. And basically say to hell with all the rest they "weren't/aren't/can't be" popular, where it then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy where they are never popular because they are never used, and are never used because they are never popular.
    Yes, Austen and Milligan proved the notion that Lorna can't be on a core title and sell BS, but people won't take the risk today because she hasn't been on a core title in a decade.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    FoH... I'm one black man and I speak for myself. You speak for you. I said I was fine with it and that's all I can speak for.

Minorities in a comic book isn't something we should get upset about because black people are getting killed in this country. That's something get up in arms about not a dam comic book.

There's more important things going on in the world
    God bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No, I am gonna complain. Where is the diversity?
    Stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    God bless you.

Stop whining.
    Where's the whining? It's a legitimate concern.

Incredible Member

Awful roster.

Terrible writer.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

X-Fans can't complain? Cyclops is dead. Madrox is dead. Wolverine is dead. No Magik. Monet and the rest of X-Factor are in limbo. And Soule and Lemire just ruined Emma. And we can't complain??
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't think people that are complaining are complaining about "how much" they're being given, I think they're complaining about "what" they're being given.. I haven't seen one person complain about the number of titles, it's what those titles consist of, the direction they're taking etc..that's certainly the problems I have with RessurXion..it's not about the number of titles..

It doesn't matter how many titles you get if you don't find them appealing, whatever your reasons may be..

And there should be as many complaints as people want to put out there..it's kind of the purpose of these forums to be a place where people can come to post their opinions about comics..whether they're positive or negative..praise or complaints..everyone is entitled to post their own opinion...if complaints aren't something you want to hear I think maybe you're in the wrong place

This thread is tl;dr for have low standards for a hobby you love and pay hundreds to thousands of dollars a year to support.

I really hope IvX and Soule's X-Position was a fluke because his She Hulk and Daredevil runs are pretty good.

Will admit it is early and this all comes on the heels of the horrendous IvX finale. Was mostly irked by the asinine premise of the OP.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 03-09-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    If you were told three months ago you'd get THIRD X-MEN Team book with

Rogue
    Gambit
    Psylocke
    Angel
    Bishop

You'd be estatic! Thank You for the first time in YEARS Marvel!
    YES! I'm definitely opening my wallet back up. GG Marvel!

Bishop!? Here's my money and my soul.

Fantastic Member

Default New Astonishing X-Men

Charles Soule will write a third X-Men team book, Astonishing X-Men.

Charles Soule.

The main Inhuman writer, who created the event in which the genocide-loving facists were portrayed as the good guys, while the characters being mass killed were character assassinated.

Really, there's only one thing a true X-Men fan can do: boycott Astonishing X-Men while supporting the other books. It's time we tell Marvel how enough is enough.

Yeah I'm not going to do that. Soule wrote an awesome Thunderbolts, Death of Wolverine was solid, and I'm enjoying his Daredevil. Plus some of my favorite characters (Gambit, OML, Psylocke) are in this book.

Sorry I'm not sorry.

I will however, not be reading the two X-Men books they really wanted me to read, Gold and Blue.
    Last edited by cc008; 03-09-2017 at 05:27 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Charles Soule will write a third X-Men team book, Astonishing X-Men.

Charles Soule.

The main Inhuman writer, who created the event in which the genocide-loving facists were portrayed as the good guys, while the characters being mass killed were character assassinated.

Really, there's only one thing a true X-Men fan can do: boycott Astonishing X-Men while supporting the other books. It's time we tell Marvel how enough is enough.
    first hell no. second Soule isnt soley responsable for IVX. Editorial played a major role. and lets not forget Jeff Lemire CO-WROTE IVX
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 03-09-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Yeah and the whole inhumans being individuals who indulge in and love genocide yeah that's not true even most X-men fans who hate the inhumans for obvious reasons never once even say that it's quite an extreme assumption to make I would say.

I say this as some whose a fan of both the X-men and the inhumans but even for me that's quite a extreme viewpoint to have I don't know much or haven't seen much X-men fans that would even make that claim that the inhumans enjoy and love committing mass murder.

You're not my supervisor!

Yeah, but for real, I'm reading Astonishing X-Men because Gambit is in it. Y'all think I'm gonna miss out on supporting my favorite character?