Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586
Results 1,276 to 1,289 of 1289
    All-New Member

I have a couple of questions about DFAB comic prep. I've watched several videos and read information on how to tear out unwanted adds, back covers, or any other pages that you don't want in you bind. But what isn't clear to me is, do you tear apart the remainder of the single issues to all the pages are loose? Or do you leave the remaining pages together (stapled) and folded?

I understand you can add pages to your bind (ToC, extras, etc.) since it's not being sewn, I'm just not sure if you leave the signatures intact?

And do you remove the staples yourselves, or let the bindery do that?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    What order did you use for this Ostrander Manhunter bind? Did you include Martian Manhunter Special or either annual? Many years later, I’m trying to do the same thing you did haha

It collects 0 -36, Annual 1, and the 1,000,000. The order is Annual 1, 0, 1,000,000, and then 1 - 36

How about I repost my binding collection. Some from before they had pictures covers!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

With H&R closed, it seems like Houchen is the go-to in the US now? But they also just raised their prices...does anyone know of any good options now, or is Houchen about it?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I don't get why if you make your own cover it comes with the price but them scanning two covers from the books option cost an extra $35. Youi think it would be the other way around.

Still want to make a "classic marvel covers" book with printed scanned covers (not tearing out real covers!) but not sure the best high paper to use and my printer died. So, I would have to go to a family member and use up their ink or go to a place like staples to print and not sure if they would even print scans of comic book covers from the 60s to 80s or price it will cost to get them printed or if they have good paper.

Not sure if this will get made.

With H&R closed, it seems like Houchen is the go-to in the US now? But they also just raised their prices...does anyone know of any good options now, or is Houchen about it?
    What about these guys? Not sure how good they are.

https://www.heroesreboundstudios.com...bound-services
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-24-2023 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I don't get why if you make your own cover it comes with the price but them scanning two covers from the books option cost an extra $35. Youi think it would be the other way around.
    Because when you make your own cover they just print it and put it on. For them to make scans and create a sized cover file is more work (though they are grossly overcharging for such a simple cover, that’s their right as a business, just as it’s your right to pay someone to make a much better cover for less money.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

What about these guys? Not sure how good they are.

https://www.heroesreboundstudios.com...bound-services
    They just do graphic design work, Houchen still does the binding.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 10-26-2023 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks. Any advice on printing best paper to use for cover scans for inside the book?

Found some comic book bind videos on youtube.