Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1289

Hi @JoeGuy.

I finally got my custom bind back from Spink and Thackray. Unfortunately it was damanged in transit so they have offered to replace it. Luckily, it does mean I can try and fix an issue with the colour matching. The colours looked a little washed out and the red spine marvel logo in particular looked really off. Almost like a pink tinted red. I know you previously gave me your GIMP files to take a look at, but how did you provide them with the final output?

I was advised by a friend who works in print to convert it to CMYK which looked fine before I sent it.

A reply back from their support was that RGB was the prefered method over CMYK.

How well did your marvel logos line up to the official ones? I really want them to match on the shelf.

Here's how the initial cover looked anyway.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mu2urkJQJPVrGJnV6
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/haz94fen3qia2vAn8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HomeGrownHeroz; 04-15-2021 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Image was rotated

That's the cover I went with so I'm obviously going to say it looks great.

Being serious though, when it comes to the spines, unfortunately the problem seems to be is on their end. Colour accuracy on your end won't fix it.

You'll have to compensate for their tint and brightening on your end.

All-New Member

Wanted to share a few of my bound editions. Two were bound by Herring & Robinson: The Court of Owls and Robin Rises.

The rest were hand-bound, and I definitely improved as I went along, as you can see. In order of binding they are:
    Batman by Tony S. Daniel
    Batman: Gothic
    Batman: Death of the Family
    Batman and Robin: Born to Kill/ Pearl

20210508_172620526_iOS.jpg

20210508_172801126_iOS.jpg

20210508_172836606_iOS.jpg

All-New Member

Going to create an imgur gallery instead of uploading images three at a time.

Here's the link: https://imgur.com/gallery/tLnTmTB
    Attached Images Attached Images

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by natedeug View Post
    Wanted to share a few of my bound editions. Two were bound by Herring & Robinson: The Court of Owls and Robin Rises.

The rest were hand-bound, and I definitely improved as I went along, as you can see. In order of binding they are:
    Batman by Tony S. Daniel
    Batman: Gothic
    Batman: Death of the Family
    Batman and Robin: Born to Kill/ Pearl

20210508_172620526_iOS.jpg

20210508_172801126_iOS.jpg

20210508_172836606_iOS.jpg
    Very cool, great choice on the artwork.

A question though, why custom bind if they have omnis out already (except for the Daniel's Batman run)?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Very cool, great choice on the artwork.

A question though, why custom bind if they have omnis out already (except for the Daniel's Batman run)?
    There’s a few reasons. This costs less than buying omnis as I already have the floppies. Even sending the two to H&R that I did was cheaper. But once I got all my bookbinding materials, the cost has been significantly less.

Also, this way I can include what I want in the big crossover stories. Court of Owls has my preferred inclusions of tie-ins in the correct reading order, as does Death of the Family. DC in my opinion doesn’t handle its crossover events well in their collected editions. It’s usually a mess of switching between a few different TPBs, and these are mapped out how I like.

Batman by Tony S Daniel was my guinea pig. It was a run I had that I didn’t particularly care if it got ruined or not, and I wanted to try my hand at binding these books myself. One, to cut back on the cost, as I can’t afford to send them off to H&R every time. And two, because it seemed to and has turned out to be a pretty engaging hobby.

There’s a few reasons. This costs less than buying omnis as I already have the floppies. Even sending the two to H&R that I did was cheaper. But once I got all my bookbinding materials, the cost has been significantly less.

Also, this way I can include what I want in the big crossover stories. Court of Owls has my preferred inclusions of tie-ins in the correct reading order, as does Death of the Family. DC in my opinion doesn’t handle its crossover events well in their collected editions. It’s usually a mess of switching between a few different TPBs, and these are mapped out how I like.

Batman by Tony S Daniel was my guinea pig. It was a run I had that I didn’t particularly care if it got ruined or not, and I wanted to try my hand at binding these books myself. One, to cut back on the cost, as I can’t afford to send them off to H&R every time. And two, because it seemed to and has turned out to be a pretty engaging hobby.
    I didn't even thinking of reading order; but you're totally right DC tends to have event tie ins in a separate TPB or they'll release a deluxe edition that double dips.

That's pretty cool that it comes out cheaper than buying an omni, do you have any plans for more customs?

All-New Member

That's pretty cool that it comes out cheaper than buying an omni, do you have any plans for more customs?
    Yeah, you can get a baseline binding job from Herring & Robinson for about $30. When my price got up to around $50 for all the extras I wanted, I started looking into how to do it on my own. Since I got an initial kit of tools, the price per book for me to bind is pretty low, like maybe $10-12, especially since most of these are issues I already had.

Up next on my binding list is two volumes of Legends of the Dark Knight, collecting issues 1-45 plus annuals. And Multiversity by Grant Morrison. Excited about the Multiversity book, as I’ve ordered special marbled endpapers for the project.

Yeah, you can get a baseline binding job from Herring & Robinson for about $30. When my price got up to around $50 for all the extras I wanted, I started looking into how to do it on my own. Since I got an initial kit of tools, the price per book for me to bind is pretty low, like maybe $10-12, especially since most of these are issues I already had.

Up next on my binding list is two volumes of Legends of the Dark Knight, collecting issues 1-45 plus annuals. And Multiversity by Grant Morrison. Excited about the Multiversity book, as I’ve ordered special marbled endpapers for the project.
    That's pretty amazing making your own binds; I would be scared to ruin my books.

Legends of the Dark Knight will be so awesome

All-New Member

I would be scared to ruin my books.
    Yes I was pretty hesitant and so started with the Tony S Daniel run as I didn’t really care if they got ruined. But as you go, you learn more tricks and it becomes more about the enjoyment of the craft. Binding the books ruins the price value of these things anyway, I just like having these stories readily available on my bookshelf instead of stashed away in my longboxes.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Got some binds back recently:

1) Roughly 2/3rds of King's Batman run (including The Button and Night of the Monster Men, misc King Batman stuff, etc)
    Untitled.jpg

2) And trades mostly (tho not entirely) made up of DC's Post-Crisis Batman volumes...the Caped Crusader & Dark Knight Detective volumes.
    I love these because I've been waiting to do these for a long time, forever really. DC deserves a lot of credit for finally putting out the volumes that made these possible (and so high quality), year after year now, they come through for the fans, especially Batman fans.
    Untitled2.jpg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-10-2021 at 12:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

All-New Member

Hi everyone

Don’t know if you recall but last year I joined the forum as I was trying to find someone to help me here in the UK with dust jackets for my binds.

The amazing Dick Grayson replied and he has helped me so much in the last 15 months or so and I have finally managed to get them all on display.

I am not used to forums as I don’t really go on them so apologies if I appear a bit lame, but i did promise I would provide a few images that Dick Grayson helped me with. I think they,look great and can post more if anyone is interested.anyway hope I get this right so see attached and Dick Grayson sir, you are a seriously talented and fine friend sir.199BDDAF-9432-44D0-9D0B-340EBBFF65D4.jpg

All-New Member

714C4CCD-2031-4D7E-AED1-A9E22C6C56E8.jpg

One of my Predator volumes

All-New Member

59E49735-33CA-4186-A00D-57A91A9AE323.jpg

And one of my Aliens volumes

Can post more if anyone wants to see

Kristian