Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1289

Finally got around to adding some images of my recent binds :-)

SHADE: The Changing Man

DESCENDER

MAJOR BUMMER

New-Spines.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Hey hey! Welcome back Dick Grayson!!! Great work as usual man...missed seeing YOUR beautiful work!!!
    Thank you sir!

And Thwizzit, nice looking books!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post

And Thwizzit, nice looking books!
    Thanks :-) Had a hard time getting back into the swing when I moved last year.. hope to get a few more done in 2020 :-)

A quick follow up to my previous posts. The bindery actually placed some of the pages out of order and offered to repair them for free, which was very kind.

I only sent back the two most effected to not burden them too much and lighten the shipping costs. Unfortunately they packed my books terribly for the return trip.

So my Superman # 1 & Spider-Verse omni's will look beaten up on my shelf. Which is a bit frustrating as I take care of my books.

But excuse my complaining. I really like your binds @Thwizzit btw. The credits / content pages are so good.
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 03-14-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    A quick follow up to my previous posts. The bindery actually placed some of the pages out of order and offered to repair them for free, which was very kind.

I only sent back the two most effected to not burden them too much and lighten the shipping costs. Unfortunately they packed my books terribly for the return trip.

So my Superman # 1 & Spider-Verse omni's will look beaten up on my shelf. Which is a bit frustrating as I take care of my books.

But excuse my complaining. I really like your binds @Thwizzit btw. The credits / content pages are so good.
    That is a real kick in the pants. Did you contact the bindery about the damage? Not sure why you should have to settle. If the pages themselves aren’t damaged, replacing the covers should be their responsibility (as well as postage) I’d think.

That is a real kick in the pants. Did you contact the bindery about the damage? Not sure why you should have to settle. If the pages themselves aren’t damaged, replacing the covers should be their responsibility (as well as postage) I’d think.
    They already covered the initial correction. So as they're a family company, with the way things are going for companies right now, I don't think forcing their hand to cover another round trip of shipping and repair is really something I want to do. If they offer to do that and it's clear it's normal policy I could get on board with that.

If not. I'm just going to do the compulsive-collector thing and flatten out the damage as best I can.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thwizzit View Post
    Finally got around to adding some images of my recent binds :-)

SHADE: The Changing Man

DESCENDER

MAJOR BUMMER

New-Spines.jpg
    Those Shade volumes are gorgeous! One of these days I'll get off my ass and get mine bound, since DC can't seem to be bothered.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Just reading through this thread and its awesome stuff, is there a site to make an own custom Dust jacket. Im organizing my collection and DD Vol 1 by Waids Dusk Jacket art is just not my style and I want to change it to something else. Thanks for the help!

All-New Member

Hi,

Not sure I’m in the right place, but have just signed up to the forum.

I have bound most of my comics and now have roughly 40 books. I am from the UK and now want to have some custom dust jackets made. I maybe being a bit naive but cannot for the life of me track down anyone who designs custom dust jackets.

Is there anyone here on this thread that could help me out?

Basically I am looking to collaborate/pay someone to help me with the designs, send me them and I can have them printed from my binder here on the UK

I have collected bound editions of Star Wars, Batman, Justice League, Batman & Superman, Star Trek, Aliens and Predator. I really just need help as to what to do.

Can anyone assist?

Kristian

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
    Just reading through this thread and its awesome stuff, is there a site to make an own custom Dust jacket. Im organizing my collection and DD Vol 1 by Waids Dusk Jacket art is just not my style and I want to change it to something else. Thanks for the help!
    I’m happy to help you out MrKnight, I’ve designed plenty of custom dust jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by kristianstone View Post
    Hi,

Not sure I’m in the right place, but have just signed up to the forum.

I have bound most of my comics and now have roughly 40 books. I am from the UK and now want to have some custom dust jackets made. I maybe being a bit naive but cannot for the life of me track down anyone who designs custom dust jackets.

Is there anyone here on this thread that could help me out?

Basically I am looking to collaborate/pay someone to help me with the designs, send me them and I can have them printed from my binder here on the UK

I have collected bound editions of Star Wars, Batman, Justice League, Batman & Superman, Star Trek, Aliens and Predator. I really just need help as to what to do.

Can anyone assist?

Kristian
    I used to run comicbindingpro (my old site is still there at comicbindingpro.tumblr.com), and still help people design art for their books from time to time, so I’m happy to help with your dust jackets as well.

You can PM me here or email me at comicbindingpro@gmail.com. I’m living in Japan so keep in mind the time difference when waiting for replies

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

So Quarantine 2020 has given me time to mess about with my plans and start to actually plan out some binds. Art has been sourced and basic layouts have been done done.

Initial plans for the return to normalcy:

1. Hellblazer (Azzarello's complete run #146-174) Working title: Amerikkkana or Heartland (Amerikkkana might be a little too on the nose)
    2. Miracleman (Marvel's 3 hardcover reprints bound into 1 book)
    3. Hickman Image Omnibus 1: (The Nightly News, Pax Romana, Transhuman, Red Mass for Mars & The Red Wing)
    4. Hickman Image Omnibus 2: (Secret & The Black Monday Murders)
    5. The Authority: playing with the idea of binding everything after Vol. 1 found in the Omnibus & the Absolutes (which I have)

I do have 1 question: I hate dust jackets so I'll be doing graphic covers for all my books. I've currently been sourcing images at 300 dpi.....should I be looking for higher rez images?

Those sound like cool books, I hope the process is going well for you.

I also use 300 ppi for the formatting. It can be difficult to source all the art and logos higher than that tbh.

All-New Member

3 new custom omnis are in. The complete Sleepwalker, and the Detective Comics and Batman runs by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle.

Herring and Robinson killed it. I used some color choices that weren’t online and I’m really, really happy with the way they turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by thechon View Post
    3 new custom omnis are in. The complete Sleepwalker, and the Detective Comics and Batman runs by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle.

Herring and Robinson killed it. I used some color choices that weren’t online and I’m really, really happy with the way they turned out.
    Gorgeous! The Sleepwalker colors are absolutely perfect in particular, but those Batman books also look sharp.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

You said “I’m wanting to see what issues went into each volume” and I just listed exactly that. I have the original photoshop files still, but what else are you looking for? Not sure what's special about those particular photos (which I don’t have any longer but, as I said, not really important since I have the photoshop files themselves.)

Edit - spoke too soon! I found my old photobucket login and downloaded the photos. But they aren’t significantly better than what is at that link (these original pictures were taken by the bindery so weren’t hi-res or anything to begin with):

WOW!! Those are fantastic Grayson! Love the design and the spines are incredible. I bet those look amazing on a shelf. Makes me drool.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor