Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I'm not familiar with All New X-Factor, but am planning a Hitman set. I'm still waiting on some issues to arrive so haven't worked out how many volumes (probably three) or where the breaks are yet, but the content I'm looking at is:

Demon Annual #2 (from Hitman TPB 1)
    Demon #43-45 - though #42 is the start of the arc, not sure it’s necessary for Hitman, but I might throw in anyway. If you’ve already got a Demon set, you could leave this and the next issues out. I'm planning to use the new Demon trades being released
    Demon #52-54
    Batman Chronicles #4, Hitman #1-3 (from Hitman TPB 1)
    Hitman #4-8 (from Hitman TPB 2)
    Hitman #9-14 (from Hitman TPB 3)
    Hitman Annual #1 (from Hitman TPB 2, not quite in the right spot in the trades, but it is one and done if I recall, so leaving it as-is probably wouldn't hurt)
    JLA #5 - just the bit with Tommy
    Hitman #15-20 (from Hitman TPB 4)
    Sovereign Seven #26 - haven’t read this one yet, but it was cheap so if it’s any good will include it
    Azrael #35
    Hitman #21-22 (from Hitman TPB 4)
    Resurrection Man #9-10
    Hitman #23-36 & 1,000,000 (Hitman TPB 5)
    Hitman #37-50 (Hitman TPB 6)
    Hitman/Lobo, Superman 80-Page Giant 1, Hitman 51-60, Hitman/JLA (Hitman TPB 7)

The volume 1 trade doesn't include covers, so I'll track those down and print them out.
    You wouldn't include All-Star Section 8? I think that could be tacked on right at the end.
    I'm going to go ahead and start picking up the singles based on this map. I might double dip on the Demon because I want to collect that separately in HC.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You wouldn't include All-Star Section 8? I think that could be tacked on right at the end.
    I'm going to go ahead and start picking up the singles based on this map. I might double dip on the Demon because I want to collect that separately in HC.
    Duh, thank you! Yes I would definitely include it and edited the map accordingly.

I'm not familiar with All New X-Factor, but am planning a Hitman set. I'm still waiting on some issues to arrive so haven't worked out how many volumes (probably three) or where the breaks are yet, but the content I'm looking at is:

Demon Annual #2 (from Hitman TPB 1)
    Demon #43-45 - though #42 is the start of the arc, not sure it’s necessary for Hitman, but I might throw in anyway. If you’ve already got a Demon set, you could leave this and the next issues out. I'm planning to use the new Demon trades being released
    Demon #52-54
    Batman Chronicles #4, Hitman #1-3 (from Hitman TPB 1)
    Hitman #4-8 (from Hitman TPB 2)
    Hitman #9-14 (from Hitman TPB 3)
    Hitman Annual #1 (from Hitman TPB 2, not quite in the right spot in the trades, but it is one and done if I recall, so leaving it as-is probably wouldn't hurt)
    JLA #5 - just the bit with Tommy
    Hitman #15-20 (from Hitman TPB 4)
    Sovereign Seven #26 - haven’t read this one yet, but it was cheap so if it’s any good will include it
    Azrael #35
    Hitman #21-22 (from Hitman TPB 4)
    Resurrection Man #9-10
    Hitman #23-36 & 1,000,000 (Hitman TPB 5)
    Hitman #37-50 (Hitman TPB 6)
    Hitman/Lobo, Superman 80-Page Giant 1, Hitman 51-60, Hitman/JLA (Hitman TPB 7)
    All-Star Section Eight

The volume 1 trade doesn't include covers, so I'll track those down and print them out.
    This is amazing. Thank you! Looks like I'll have to track down a few floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I'm looking to bind both Hitman tpbs and possibly the All New X-Factor tpbs. How would you map out the books?
    All-New X-Factor doesn't really cross over with anything except for AXIS, and, unless you're also specifically looking at binding an AXIS book, I would not recommend just having the 3 AXIS tie-in issues separately (they flow pretty well into the final arc, if memory serves).

So my recommendation would really just be All-New X-Factor 1-20, in order. Unless you also wanted to put in Gambit 1-17, but that's not really that related. Or unless you wanted to make a much larger collection that served as "X-Factor by Peter David Complete Collection, Volume 3+", which would include X-Factor 33-50 and 200-262, She-Hulk 31, Nation X: X-Factor, and All-New X-Factor 1-20. That's 104 issues.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    All-New X-Factor doesn't really cross over with anything except for AXIS, and, unless you're also specifically looking at binding an AXIS book, I would not recommend just having the 3 AXIS tie-in issues separately (they flow pretty well into the final arc, if memory serves).

So my recommendation would really just be All-New X-Factor 1-20, in order. Unless you also wanted to put in Gambit 1-17, but that's not really that related. Or unless you wanted to make a much larger collection that served as "X-Factor by Peter David Complete Collection, Volume 3+", which would include X-Factor 33-50 and 200-262, She-Hulk 31, Nation X: X-Factor, and All-New X-Factor 1-20. That's 104 issues.
    If you're going that completions. You might as well throw in his first run as well, honestly.
    Cyclops was right

This is amazing. Thank you! Looks like I'll have to track down a few floppies.
    I just read that Sovereign Seven issue... it's terrible. Don't track that one down unless you are an absolute completist and just want it in there so you can skip it

All-New Member

DG, regarding your Green Arrow books....how do the covers of the Longbow Hunters look in terms of keeping the book open, given that they have cardstock covers? Would you be able to provide pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax100 View Post
    DG, regarding your Green Arrow books....how do the covers of the Longbow Hunters look in terms of keeping the book open, given that they have cardstock covers? Would you be able to provide pictures?
    When cardstock covers are involved I always scan them, remove the cardstock, and then print them out. You can bind those cardstock covers, but they tend to make the book always open to that point, so I prefer the scan & print method. For Longbow Hunters though I used the trade, so it wasn't an issue there. But I did scan & print for the Shado min. Here are some pics of that and a Longbow Hunters cover from the trade:

I scan at 300DPI with the descreen turned on, and I print on the 24lb paper at Kinkos on their laser printers.

I was able to win the Batman: Aftershock and Road to No Man's Land on eBay. I'm excited to check out the build of the custom bound book and hope soon I'll bind the Hitman and/or X-Factor series!

I was able to win the Batman: Aftershock and Road to No Man's Land on eBay. I'm excited to check out the build of the custom bound book and hope soon I'll bind the Hitman and/or X-Factor series!
    Ha, that was me selling that It was one of my earliest binds, I'm just clearing some stuff out - I've got quite a few more I'll be listing soon, mostly Batman. Hope you enjoy the book!

I haven't had any books bound yet, but have been prepping a bunch of runs for it. Hoping to send out Superior Spider-Man and the following Amazing run next week. Before that, however, I'd love to get some input from you guys!

I'm planning two volumes for Superior, with 698-700, then 1-15 for the first; and 16-31 plus the 2 annuals for the second. I think all of it in one, even without 698-700, would be way too fat.

For Amazing, I intend to include all of Spider-verse (chronologically! making this more than one volume) I will be including ASM 1-18, and every single tie-in, with the exception of Spider-Woman 1-3 (I don't care for Hopeless or Land). Would I be missing anything without them?

Also, would it be necessary to include ASM 1.1-1.4?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    I haven't had any books bound yet, but have been prepping a bunch of runs for it. Hoping to send out Superior Spider-Man and the following Amazing run next week. Before that, however, I'd love to get some input from you guys!

I'm planning two volumes for Superior, with 698-700, then 1-15 for the first; and 16-31 plus the 2 annuals for the second. I think all of it in one, even without 698-700, would be way too fat.

For Amazing, I intend to include all of Spider-verse (chronologically! making this more than one volume) I will be including ASM 1-18, and every single tie-in, with the exception of Spider-Woman 1-3 (I don't care for Hopeless or Land). Would I be missing anything without them?

Also, would it be necessary to include ASM 1.1-1.4?
    Not really. Although i probably enjoyed the SW mini the most outside of the main event.

Fantastic Member

So I've been reading about this and am fascinated. I've always wanted a collection of Automatic Kafka. How much does this process cost?

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    So I've been reading about this and am fascinated. I've always wanted a collection of Automatic Kafka. How much does this process cost?
    The pricing can vary quite a bit depending on a lot of factors: how much work you do yourself, if you do art on cover versus cloth covers (the type of material used can affect price), extras like head/tailbands or ribbons, the type of binding, as well as the number of books bound at once (a lot of binderies have price breaks as you get more books bound.) So it can be as cheap as $18 per book plus shipping if you do everything yourself and do a no frills art-on-cover bind, or much more expensive if you use a service to handle everything and then get a more "deluxe" type treatment.

I run a service that does all the work, our pricing is here: http://comicbindingpro.com/pricingandprocess
    And I use Houchen bindery, their pricing is here: http://houchenbindery.com/wp-content...ok-Pricing.pdf

Fantastic Member

The pricing can vary quite a bit depending on a lot of factors: how much work you do yourself, if you do art on cover versus cloth covers (the type of material used can affect price), extras like head/tailbands or ribbons, the type of binding, as well as the number of books bound at once (a lot of binderies have price breaks as you get more books bound.) So it can be as cheap as $18 per book plus shipping if you do everything yourself and do a no frills art-on-cover bind, or much more expensive if you use a service to handle everything and then get a more "deluxe" type treatment.

I run a service that does all the work, our pricing is here: http://comicbindingpro.com/pricingandprocess
    And I use Houchen bindery, their pricing is here: http://houchenbindery.com/wp-content...ok-Pricing.pdf
    Thank you for the info, I'm looking into it now!