Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1289
    All-New Member

I wanted this to be as complete as possible, so I even included some additional covers, such as these Silver Editions of the Sword of Azeael.

I have the fancy versions of the single issues in here.

But I also have the regular versions too. I even put the Catwoman issues that were taking place at the same time and sometimes crossed over. Including the thick, embossed Catwoman #1.

All-New Member

Gotta have end pages for each book too.

Like Catwoman, I have the issues of Robin that were running concurrently with the Knightfall stuff. Even things like Benedictions with the Huntress. I really wanted to have it be complete. Including a Batman Turning Points and a Batman: Villains.

And last, I found a pretty neat endpage for the third volume. Can’t wait to make the next three.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Dudeeee....those sweet! Always Love seeing people use my favorite DC logo as well! Enjoy the books man!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Last edited by JoeGuy; 02-16-2020 at 04:00 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Dudeeee....those sweet! Always Love seeing people use my favorite DC logo as well! Enjoy the books man!
    Thanks! As I make more (however many that becomes) I’m going to use the era appropriate logo. Now I just need to decide if I want to make my No Man’s Land covers the same style or have the caution tape sorta aesthetic they did for those books. I have plenty of time to figure it out though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    They looks really nice. The ToC pages are themed and very tidy, I could never do that.

I presume the shipping price was just missing a decimal last time then?
    Yes, just $23. And it got here really fast (maybe it’s normal, or maybe they expedited because of the mistake, haha).

Ultimately if you are happy with what you have it doesn’t matter. I’m sure you’ll love your books.

Glad your shipping price ended up being reasonable, and the binds turned out great!

New to the forum. Going to send out my first comic bind in a couple of days. Just need to be sure it's the way I want with all possible ads and back covers removed. I'm doing the 23-issue run of Savage Wolverine. I chose that one because it doesn't seem like I need to add any other issues and I purchased all the issues for cheap. I'm not going to do comic covers but I may add dust jackets later. If it turns out the way I like I will then do Punisher War Zone and maybe Wonder Woman. I also have a small stack of older Harvey and Archie comics I may do for the nostalgia.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Welcome to the forum and the custom bind hobby.
    Once you get that first one back, you'll probably be hooked.
    I hope it turns out nice.
    Thanks, I hope it does too.
    I know I'll end up being hooked.
    Been wanting a way to have my comics out of bags and boards and on my shelves.
    This seems like the perfect solution.

I have a quick question for you guys re: graphic covers from Houchen, and more particularly with connecting spines (one image across multiple volumes). Let's say I have 3 books, and the spines are all 2" thick...is it just as simple as making 1 6" wide image, and then putting 2" of that image on each volume? I'm thinking it can't be that "simple" lol

Is there something I'm missing? If the spines were all different sizes, then I just split up the image to match, right? So if they were 1.25", 2", and 1.75" (for example), I just split my image into 3 sections with each section the same width as the spine?

Sorry if this seems really simple. I'm going to try it on some test binds first. Should I ask Tom at Houchen for help with it?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McScroggz View Post
    Finally got my first set of custom bound comics: The first three out of six volumes for my Knightfall set.

I made my own Table of Contents and similar pages, trying to match the style of the official Knightfall Omnibus.

I personally think Legends of the Dark Knight 16-20: Venom is an essential part of the Knightfall story, so my book starts there.

Very nice.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:47 PM.

The only things I can think of is the type of binding and the hinge. If it's going to be oversewn, then the curved spine might influence your choice of picture.

Also, depending on if the spine protrudes wide enough with the hinge, it can effect it. For example, if you have a very colourful back cover to the edges, that might be visible on the shelf, at least the hinge part. So maybe pick a muted colour or art at the edges near the joining spine so they don't interfere with the effect on the shelf.
    Oh damn! I completely neglected to think about the type of spine...well, that's why this forum's the best place to ask questions. Thanks!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Love the Batman. I'm currently halfway through the second Knightfall omnibus, having read Sword of Azrael and the first omnibus when the first omnibus came out. It's been a long time waiting
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Last edited by JoeGuy; 06-01-2019 at 06:24 PM.