Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by McScroggz View Post
    Does anybody have experience getting a Half-Bind Cover made? I've always loved how the Absolute Long Halloween cover looks, and I've considered doing something like that with my Knightfall Saga I've been working on.

Also, any suggestions on the best way to produce custom Table of Contents/credit pages? The printer I have don't really cut it, so is there a particular place/service that has a good track record? And what kind of paper is best, taking into account I'll be using floppies and not trades.

One last question, for now. What are your suggestions for covers, especially thicker covers like Batman #500? I'd like to have all the covers in there, unless it makes it an inferior reading experience or causes other issues.
    For printing, just go to a FedEx Kinkos and use their color laser printers; I usually used 24lb paper I believe. Any print service place (Staples does it too I believe) with color laser printers ought to do the job.

I personally can't imagine leaving out covers to issues, but it comes down to personal preference, like most things with binding. If don't care about them, you don't have to include them obviously.

As far as thicker covers, if they're cardstock (like prestige format books) I strongly recommend scanning and reprinting them. For something like Batman #500, and if it's only the one cover, it might be okay, but the book will probably open to that page rather than lay flat (this goes doubly for prestige format cardstock covers, that's why I recommend scanning and reprinting them, even if it's only one) I can't quite recall it's thickness though - if it's too thick, or you are worried it is, you could always print the standard cover: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/22...g?v=1502056157

I found that decent-res version.

All-New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm working on a huge Knightfall Saga project, so there are a handful of thicker covers. Thinking about it, I agree that including thicker covers would affect the readability of the books. Maybe I can have the best of both worlds, and have a scan of the covers in the actual run, and for the few thick covers maybe tuck them in the back as a small bonus section? Ever tried anything like this?

All-New Member

Working on my first bind, a Knightfall Saga collection. I want a clean, simple look. So far, here's where I'm at:

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:55 PM.

All-New Member

Thanks. I like the look of the 2012 Knightfall title page, credit page, etc. so I'm basically taking those and retrofitting them for my bind plus adding a Table of Content. And for the other issues I'm keeping the same look, so creators definitely are getting recognized. Probably going overboard, but I want it to look as professional as I can make it. Here's an example:

Custom ToC using existing page art from the omnibus:

An example of replicating the style for another book:

I'm still making sure the formatting is uniform (for instance I need to make 'Batman' and 'Prodigal' close together as well as add the volume number. And I need to make sure to change the existing pages to fit my omnibus volume numbering, etc. But, I'm feeling pretty good about my progress.
    Last edited by McScroggz; 05-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.

All-New Member

Pages 2 & 3 of several pages I'm putting in.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Hello, I have a question for those of you who bind comic books into hardcover books.

It is generally better and wiser to have the floppies bagged and boarded before I send them to be bound right?
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    You would usually organise the books in the exact order you want before sending them, with no boards or bags and all ads or covers you don't want removed. You can use a smaller box and pack it entirely with soft materials to keep the comics safe. But maybe use some twine or cloth to keep them bound so they don't get disorganised.
    I want to ship the issues bagged and boarded because I live in the Middle East, specifically Israel and I want to make sure they arrive OK & undamaged.
    Pull-List:

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Mocked up a cover real quick just to see what it looks like, it's not even close to being finalized and is extremely rough.

What do you think? I don't think it's terrible, and is quite good. but maybe I'll just end using a die-cast leather appearance for the book's cover.

Pull-List:

Has anyone dealt with Heroes Rebound and how well do they answer and respond to emails?

Been a while since i got any custom binds but im starting to get back into it. Starting with collecting the original Witchblade run to themetically match the Darkness binds i had done previous.

And ive posted my Savage Dragon binds before but i had more dustjackets made!

Last edited by Dark-Flux; 05-12-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Been a while since i got any custom binds but im starting to get back into it. Starting with collecting the original Witchblade run to themetically match the Darkness binds i had done previous.

And ive posted my Savage Dragon binds before but i had more dustjackets made:
    They look great. I'd think they were legit if you didn't tell me different.
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:54 PM.