Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Had to get a new shelf (I had a 2X4 IKEA Expedit that I replaced with a 2X4 Kallax), so here are some new pics. It's tough to take pictures due to the required angles and the way I have my shelves setup (using both sides, like in a library):

Here's the shelf with most of my binds:

And here's some of the Bat-binds:

A blurry pic, but you can see the binds a bit more, then it's just my pre-52 DC stuff that isn't bound or oversized.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Ahh, so jealous am I! I used to have room in my house for that library-style shelved room, and it was magnificent - better than walls of built-ins.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

How are your "The Titans" binds set up? I want to binf the first half of the series, and I want to know if i can shove the whole thing in one book.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    How are your "The Titans" binds set up? I want to binf the first half of the series, and I want to know if i can shove the whole thing in one book.
    I split them based on writers, with the first bind going up to issue 20 (the last issue Grayson co-wrote) and the second containing the rest of the series. Volume 1 is 1.5 inches thick and volume 2 is 2 inches, so trying to do one big bind might be a bit large, though mine included the JLA/Titans crossover and some other stuff as well. Here are the full maps:

Volume #1
    JLA/Titans: The Technis Imperative
    Titans Secret Files 1
    Titans 1 - 9
    DCU Villains secret files 80-page giant (pages #60-61 only)
    Titans 10-20
    Titans Annual 1

Volume #2
    Titans Secret Files 2
    Titans 21 - 50
    Titans: Graduation Day 1 - 3

You could also throw Titans/Legion: Universe Ablaze #1-3 in somewhere, but it's more Legion-centric and I don't know where exactly it would fit continuity-wise nor is it ever referenced I don't think.

And krisis, what happened to your library room? I consider myself extra lucky because my wife is a big geek too, so has no problem with my collecting. Plus I work from home, so my office can't ever be co-opted for something else

Those look great. Nice comic room!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I split them based on writers, with the first bind going up to issue 20 (the last issue Grayson co-wrote) and the second containing the rest of the series. Volume 1 is 1.5 inches thick and volume 2 is 2 inches, so trying to do one big bind might be a bit large, though mine included the JLA/Titans crossover and some other stuff as well. Here are the full maps:

Volume #1
    JLA/Titans: The Technis Imperative
    Titans Secret Files 1
    Titans 1 - 9
    DCU Villains secret files 80-page giant (pages #60-61 only)
    Titans 10-20
    Titans Annual 1

Volume #2
    Titans Secret Files 2
    Titans 21 - 50
    Titans: Graduation Day 1 - 3

You could also throw Titans/Legion: Universe Ablaze #1-3 in somewhere, but it's more Legion-centric and I don't know where exactly it would fit continuity-wise nor is it ever referenced I don't think.

And krisis, what happened to your library room? I consider myself extra lucky because my wife is a big geek too, so has no problem with my collecting. Plus I work from home, so my office can't ever be co-opted for something else
    Thanks man. If I put 21-25 in with the volume one stuff, I should be able to keep it under 2 inches.

And thanks for reminding me about the Legion mini. I'm going to do a Legion Reboot series at some point, and I forgot about that.
    Cyclops was right

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Wow! Nice books everybody! Dark Flux , I second the notion, do you mind posting a map of The Darkness? Much obliged.
    And Dick Grayson....dude all my years of binding I swear I ve always thought I hate those stupid covers on bound books but by golly you are turning me into a fan! Those things are gorgeous! Way better then anything the real guys would come up with.
    And nice choice of séries' to bind ...my friend you have great tastes!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I kept my Darkness map simple in that it just collects the main series, divided by volume and then roughly by creative team.
    IIRC i have it;
    Vol.1 ; Darkness Vol 1 by Ennis et al (#1/2, 1-22)
    Vol. 2 ; Darkness Vol 1 by Lobdell et al (#23-40)
    Vol.3 ; Darkness Vol 2 by Jenkins et al (V2, #1-24)
    Vol.4 Darkness Vol 3 by Hester pt 1 (V3 #1-10, #75-84 LN)
    Vol. 5 Darkness Vol 3 by Hester pt 2 (V3 #85-100)
    Vol. 6 Darkness Vol 3 by Hine (V3 #101-116)

I plan to collect some of the various tie-ins/specials together in a "Misc" volume at some point.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 10-08-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I kept my Darkness map simple in that it just collects the main series, divided by volume and then roughly by creative team.
    IIRC i have it;
    Vol.1 ; Darkness Vol 1 by Ennis et al (#1/2, 1-22)
    Vol. 2 ; Darkness Vol 1 by Lobdell et al (#23-40)
    Vol.3 ; Darkness Vol 2 by Jenkins et al (V2, #1-24)
    Vol.4 Darkness Vol 3 by Hester pt 1 (V3 #1-10, #75-84 LN)
    Vol. 5 Darkness Vol 3 by Hester pt 2 (V3 #85-100)
    Vol. 6 Darkness Vol 3 by Hine (V3 #101-116)

I plan to collect some of the various tie-ins/specials together in a "Misc" volume at some point.

Nice! Thanks for this. I have most of these I just need to catch up on Hines run.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    And Dick Grayson....dude all my years of binding I swear I ve always thought I hate those stupid covers on bound books but by golly you are turning me into a fan! Those things are gorgeous! Way better then anything the real guys would come up with.
    And nice choice of séries' to bind ...my friend you have great tastes!
    Thank you sir! I honestly never had much interest in the buckram/leather/etc covers. While pretty, on a shelf they didn't seem to scream "comics", especially next to my official releases. So when I saw you could do art-on-cover, that was right up my alley. I totally understand why some folks prefer no art, I just like the books to be a little more showy. Thanks again!

Hey Dick Greyson. Any plans to do dc challenge or the superpowers 80s mini series from DC? I would love to see the cover art you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Hey Dick Greyson. Any plans to do dc challenge or the superpowers 80s mini series from DC? I would love to see the cover art you come up with.
    I had not heard of DC Challenge before reading your post, but just Googled it- looks pretty fun! I might have to check it out should I ever get through my insane backlog. Though maybe someone who already has it and wants to bind it will hit me up before I get around to it (hint hint!) I've not read Super Powers either, part of me has been hoping it would end up in some series of oversized Kirby books, but given that they can't even keep Fourth World in print, I'm probably dreaming...

anybody in the UK have any idea where i could get some trades binded in this country? some of these pictures in this thread look excellent, and I'm pretty sure the trades i have will never get a HC release, i'd even consider sending them to the states to be done, but it would probably cost a fortune

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    anybody in the UK have any idea where i could get some trades binded in this country? some of these pictures in this thread look excellent, and I'm pretty sure the trades i have will never get a HC release, i'd even consider sending them to the states to be done, but it would probably cost a fortune
    PM me your fb details and I'll hook you up with one of my friends, he's been binding a lot trades lately (and he makes dust jackets for them which is handy)

I'm planning to bind some OHCs into omnibuses so I'm using his expertise.