Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

cover art you come up with.
    I had not heard of DC Challenge before reading your post, but just Googled it- looks pretty fun! I might have to check it out should I ever get through my insane backlog. Though maybe someone who already has it and wants to bind it will hit me up before I get around to it (hint hint!) I've not read Super Powers either,
    There were three superpowers minis but sounds like you want the 6 issue series. Jack Kirby did the book and from what I heard is he used the mini to finish up his forth world stories! So if you are a forth world fan you may want to pick that up!

DC Challenge was 12 teams each get a book. They make a mystery and end on a cliffhanger then the next team has to add to it. Tons of heroes show up and the joker hosts some of the issues! (he loves the parts where batman is in danger and breaks the forth wall and talks to plastic mans sidekick mid story!)

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Thank you sir! I honestly never had much interest in the buckram/leather/etc covers. While pretty, on a shelf they didn't seem to scream "comics", especially next to my official releases. So when I saw you could do art-on-cover, that was right up my alley. I totally understand why some folks prefer no art, I just like the books to be a little more showy. Thanks again!
    Yes well some of us aren't as artistically inclined or as computer savy I guess. And my main thing is getting them in hardcover on the bookshelf so I can reread them as I please instead of digging through the ol' longboxes. Either way...keep up the good work and more power to you sir!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    anybody in the UK have any idea where i could get some trades binded in this country? some of these pictures in this thread look excellent, and I'm pretty sure the trades i have will never get a HC release, i'd even consider sending them to the states to be done, but it would probably cost a fortune
    I have not been to the UK for several years but these kind folks used to be the best! http://www.hollingworthmoss.co.uk/
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Those binds are so cool DG!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thanks DK! A customer sent me some pics of a bind of The Last Galactus Story I did for him, thought I'd share. He opted for a leather cover with purple foil lettering on the spine; I designed the dust jacket, prepped the book, and made a table of contents page and some bonus material at the end. Houchen did the binding etc.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Can't wait to make my first one. I just have to get Titans Secret Files 2 (and find time to actually reread the series) and I can get the ball rolling on my Devin Grayson Titans book.
    Cyclops was right

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wow, it would be so cool to have that Last Galactus Story bound
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Great work as always DG! Look forward to sending in some books to you one day.

Thanks folks! I was actually surprised that there were only a couple pages that had non-Galactus content on them (just the first and last pages of the first part of the story). For those I just scanned the Galactus side of the page and reprinted them, worked out really well. I made up some pages at the end with Byrne's explanation for how it would've ended as well. Kind of surprised Marvel never got around to reprinting this themselves by this point.

FlashingSabre - looking forward to seeing your Titans bind!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    I have not been to the UK for several years but these kind folks used to be the best! http://www.hollingworthmoss.co.uk/
    I use these guys and would vouch for them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    anybody in the UK have any idea where i could get some trades binded in this country? some of these pictures in this thread look excellent, and I'm pretty sure the trades i have will never get a HC release, i'd even consider sending them to the states to be done, but it would probably cost a fortune
    I used Riley Dunn & Wilson a few months back for some binds that I posted the results of here. They charged ~£25 per book + return postage. I've got a a couple of batches ready to go to them for some more binds but I've been a bit preoccupied.

Thinking about sending in 3 of my older binds to get coverart. Not sure yet. My first bind was this one. I picked 90s spidey stories. Not sure why.

In the issue

Round Robin a sidekicks revenge
    Shieking
    A Desperate Man (hobgoblin vs demongoblin)
    Marvel Tales reprint of the red skull two parter about peters parents.

Again sorry for the bad pics.

JLA Rock of ages saga

The rock of ages story plus the follow-up story.

Last edited by Gaastra; 10-22-2015 at 11:43 AM.