Page 21 of 86 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Hello Dick Grayson, you're collected editions look great. So you make these for other people as well if yes, do you buy the comics or do they need to be send to you? Which collected editions have you made and do you have pictures? Keep up the good work

Hey Gecko! Thanks!

Yep, I have a little side thing called ComicBindingPro that helps get folks into binding. You'd provide the content and I do the prep, art, etc. Though I've had folks just paypal me to buy lots on ebay or mycomicshop if they don't already have the content. But generally people bind stuff they already have so they send it to me. My site is comicbindingpro.com or facebook.com/comicbindingpro - feel free to email me comicbindingpro@gmail.com so we don't clutter up the thread too much. I don't want it to just be me advertising

I've bound a ton of stuff - it was enjoying binding so much that got me into helping other folks out. I've done a crazy amount of stuff between binds for myself and for others. Here is an outdated pic of one of my shelves:

And here is a recent batch I got in:

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Thanks guys! And the dust jackets are laminated so they come out very much like the dust jackets on official releases. And yes, as long as I had scans or could get scans of the art you want it'd be possible to create new dust jackets with whatever you want on them.
    Awesome! Now to find someone who has the 1st editions and get the scans...

Looks great! Hey Dick Grayson quick question, I have some digest sized books that I would want to have enlarged to regular sized books before going about having them bound, where and would you recommend that?

Quote Originally Posted by Penoy View Post
    Looks great! Hey Dick Grayson quick question, I have some digest sized books that I would want to have enlarged to regular sized books before going about having them bound, where and would you recommend that?
    Hmmm, not sure about that. You'd have to scan every page first. I know there are places that will print whole books worth of stuff for you, like Blurb, but I'd be worried about running into refusal to print on grounds of copyright if you're reprinting entire books. But I can't say I've tried it myself.

Thanks! I will look in to this Blurb and I will be sending an email.

image1 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg

Got a massive batch back from the amazing comicbindingpro, this is only 2 volumes I did a 27 volume set of Dick Grayson books from Robin and Teen Titan all the way to the New52. Amazing work as always, cannot suggest using this service enough. Already put in the next batch doing all of Alan Grant's Batman.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Those are great!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    image1 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg

Got a massive batch back from the amazing comicbindingpro, this is only 2 volumes I did a 27 volume set of Dick Grayson books from Robin and Teen Titan all the way to the New52. Amazing work as always, cannot suggest using this service enough. Already put in the next batch doing all of Alan Grant's Batman.
    O_o 27 volumes?!?! Good lord, how did you ship all that?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    O_o 27 volumes?!?! Good lord, how did you ship all that?
    Two good sized boxes and UPS. On the website http://comicbindingpro.com/ you can see all the single issues in a pile and what they look after they are all done and ready to send to the binder. All the books look great, can't wait for Grant Batman next makes rereading the runs so much more enjoyable then the floppies.

Mighty Member

Haven't checked Graysons site in a while...man he's been busy! Still have ultimate stuff i want to get done. Need to finish gathering some singles.

All-New Member

Has anyone made any character centric custom binds pulling from all of a characters history? I am interested in doing one for Cassie Sandsmark pulling from her mid 90's-2011 era (first appearance-Teen Titans 100) and making it an "essentials" type book. I guess I just don't know where to start. I haven't really thought about specific issues other than the obvious ones like Graduation Day, Teen Titans vol. 3 #1, annual 1, first appearance in the Wonder Woman ongoing (forget the issue number off the top of my head), etc. My other concern would be the change in paper type around the mid 2000s for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by zrt4116 View Post
    Has anyone made any character centric custom binds pulling from all of a characters history? I am interested in doing one for Cassie Sandsmark pulling from her mid 90's-2011 era (first appearance-Teen Titans 100) and making it an "essentials" type book. I guess I just don't know where to start. I haven't really thought about specific issues other than the obvious ones like Graduation Day, Teen Titans vol. 3 #1, annual 1, first appearance in the Wonder Woman ongoing (forget the issue number off the top of my head), etc. My other concern would be the change in paper type around the mid 2000s for DC.
    I just did a Dick Grayson bind, the first volume is all stuff from pre-crisis his first appearance and then some issues from each decade leading up into the 70s. Then it picks up and covers most of his modern stuff, from Teen Titans all the way up to New 52. Including his Batman run, when he was with the Titans and Outsiders, and all of Nightwing stuff, but it covered most of career from start to current stuff. I got to do a Grayson and Batman and Robin Eternal bind soon to keep it up to date.

All-New Member

I have a question. I'm preparing a bind of Simonson 's Thor run. Where does the Balder mini series fit? Thanks

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax100 View Post
    I have a question. I'm preparing a bind of Simonson 's Thor run. Where does the Balder mini series fit? Thanks
    The omnibus has it 360-Balder 1-361-362-Balder 2-4.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?