Page 27 of 86 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Thank you Balakin! I Found him. You know what, I'm going to sit down and read this thread from the beginning tonight.

I would like to take my Smallville Season 11 TPB's and make them into a couple Hard bounds. I figure that would be the best TPB set of mine to try and I'm not out anything much as they probably won't ever be worth anything more sold used.
    It is a great service, they do an awesome job. Waiting for a batch to get back before sending out the next, but he can help you from start to end. I had no idea about it going into it and he explained it all.

Also those marvel books look great, have not done any marvel yet but seeing those makes me want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    It is a great service, they do an awesome job. Waiting for a batch to get back before sending out the next, but he can help you from start to end. I had no idea about it going into it and he explained it all.

Also those marvel books look great, have not done any marvel yet but seeing those makes me want to.
    Hey there!
    So what all have you had him do? Do you have pics?
    You know I'm an Omnibus fiend, but this could be the start of something else new! Turning my lesser popular TPB's into Hardcovers! YES!
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 09-27-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Hey there!
    So what all have you had him do? Do you have pics?
    You know I'm an Omnibus fiend, but this could be the start of something else new! Turning my lesser popular TPB's into Hardcovers! YES!
    So far he has done Mark Waid Flash, The Question, Alan Grant Batman, New Teen Titans, Nightwing solo series, a Titans and Outsider side, along with Grayson's run as Batman. Currently waiting for Auqaman, The Demon, John Wagner, and Martian Manhunter. I got pics of these on page 21, 22, and 24. You can also see all kinds of info on http://comicbindingpro.com/. Once this next batch is done I will have about 50 books done by them.

So far he has done Mark Waid Flash, The Question, Alan Grant Batman, New Teen Titans, Nightwing solo series, a Titans and Outsider side, along with Grayson's run as Batman. Currently waiting for Auqaman, The Demon, John Wagner, and Martian Manhunter. I got pics of these on page 21, 22, and 24. You can also see all kinds of info on http://comicbindingpro.com/. Once this next batch is done I will have about 50 books done by them.
    What Demon are you having done?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    What Demon are you having done?
    The run from the 1990s, love Alan Grant and Garth Ennis. Plan on binding a lot of Ennis stuff Hitman, Hellblazer, a bunch of mini-series he did, also a bind with all the work he has done with Carlos Ezquerra. For that one I got to find the best way to scale and print the Judge Dredd stuff they did together.

The run from the 1990s, love Alan Grant and Garth Ennis. Plan on binding a lot of Ennis stuff Hitman, Hellblazer, a bunch of mini-series he did, also a bind with all the work he has done with Carlos Ezquerra. For that one I got to find the best way to scale and print the Judge Dredd stuff they did together.
    Cool. I thought about doing just the Ennis Demon stuff and then adding in the Matt Wagner mini at the beginning. Then started thinking about the Alan Grant run as well.

In the end there's just so much I'd like bound.

Dick Grayson has been doing my Hellblazer books for me as they come out (including an Ennis one) and I'm going to do Hitman as well - just waiting to see if the latest Section 8 mini is the last although I might go ahead without waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Cool. I thought about doing just the Ennis Demon stuff and then adding in the Matt Wagner mini at the beginning. Then started thinking about the Alan Grant run as well.

In the end there's just so much I'd like bound.

Dick Grayson has been doing my Hellblazer books for me as they come out (including an Ennis one) and I'm going to do Hitman as well - just waiting to see if the latest Section 8 mini is the last although I might go ahead without waiting.
    I saw those Hellblazer books they look amaing and I was on the fence to bind them as the majority of what I have is in trade form, but after seeing those I have to bind it. Yeah I want more Hitman stuff, but would also like to bind it all gonna hold off for a bit to see if goes back to for another mini-series.

(this was posted in Marvel Collected Editions, too, but given this information crosses over, I decided to post here in addition)

I got with Dick Drayson at Comic Binding Pro for dust jacket reprints for 2013 Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus and the following companion.

We all know Marvel's paperweight has decreased as their costs have increased. The reproduction of the DJ is from an original printing's scan.

Dig this - the content has remained the same in these publications, but the paperweigh has decreased.

Miller Omnibus
    2007 - 99.99
    2013 (when I bought mine) 99.99
    2015 - 125.00

Omnibus Companion
    2007 - 59.99
    2014 - (when I bought mine) 99.99

FullSizeRender.jpg
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Dick Grayson from Comic Binding Pro and Tim from the bindery are amazing. I got tired of waiting for Marvel to collect Nocenti's Daredevil run, and reached out to him to draft a bind. Put a smile on my face to learn I was the third person to request this run be bound.

The bind consisted of two books, both with custom dust jackets designed in old school Marvel Omnibus fashion, with custom table of contents, and custom end papers. The books were composed of both trades and loose issues. Nothing but praise here.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

FullSizeRender_3.jpg

FullSizeRender_4.jpg

The Table of Contents shots are not in focus, sorry. I took them quickly when I returned from work yesterday, but if you can tell the contents have an image underneath the custom text. Happy camper here.

Man, my ears were burning! Really cool to see so many folks getting into binding, and I appreciate all the kind words!

ARosenbarger, again, looks like those Daredevil binds turned out great, especially those custom end papers.

And Hawkgirl70 - feel free to PM me or email me at comicbindingpro@gmail.com; using those Smallville trades are a great idea for a first bind since, if you hate the end result, they are easy to replace if nothing else. But so far, I've yet to see anyone get a custom bind back and not be addicted!

Question for those that have bound their TPB's into Hardcovers.

So do you remove your TPB front and back covers and toss?
    Or do you include them inside the binding with the story pages?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Question for those that have bound their TPB's into Hardcovers.

So do you remove your TPB front and back covers and toss?
    Or do you include them inside the binding with the story pages?
    Definitely remove them - the thickness makes them stick out if you try to leave them in, so the book doesn't ever lay flat.