Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Very nice!

I also had GL: Mosaic bound by them earlier this year. It's the perfect size for a single volume. Did you include the 4 part intro from the GL proper series, or just the 18 Mosaic issues?
    I did include the 4 issues, yeah it is a great size for it and who knows if DC will ever collect it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'd buy all of those if they were actual omnis. C'mon DC.
    Cyclops was right

cfmoran13

Hi, All! First-time poster here. I'm getting ready to have my first 3 bindings done and I'm wondering how people print out their homemade TOC pages. I've got them done as PDF's. I'm just not sure what type of paper to use for them or where to get them printed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cfmoran13 View Post
    Hi, All! First-time poster here. I'm getting ready to have my first 3 bindings done and I'm wondering how people print out their homemade TOC pages. I've got them done as PDF's. I'm just not sure what type of paper to use for them or where to get them printed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Make sure when you put your TOC's together, you place them closer to the right side than to center. When you get your comics bound, if you have them too close to the left or center of the page, you will lose some of the picture in the guttter loss.

I'll have to check on what paper I used. It's been a while since I have had any books bound.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Anyone here used Hollingworth & Moss in the UK? I'm looking to get some issues bound sometime in the next couple of months and Ive got some questions i'd like answered but I just cannot get a response from them via their contact form on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Anyone here used Hollingworth & Moss in the UK? I'm looking to get some issues bound sometime in the next couple of months and Ive got some questions i'd like answered but I just cannot get a response from them via their contact form on the website.
    I use them for my binding projects. Yeah, they kinda suck with the communication side of things. At least through email. You could just try ringing them up.
    I usually just send off my binds with a binding slip detailing my requirements and they get in touch with the invoice once its done.

Been awhile, but thought I'd post some pics of some binds I had done in October. I got a bunch more Green Arrow to go with my Grell Green Arrow run:

I'm reading these for the first time and really enjoying them. I didn't have high hopes for Crossroads but after an iffy start it really is a great storyline. And I love Connor Hawke, his time as Green Arrow was far too short, in my opinion.

For the backs of these I modified an image from the new Green Arrow by Kevin Smith trade, I thought it turned out pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Been awhile, but thought I'd post some pics of some binds I had done in October. I got a bunch more Green Arrow to go with my Grell Green Arrow run:

Amazing!
    Have you collected that entire 137 plus issue run? I take it if you have, it's not a consecutive order (vol. 1-10) but rather titled more by author or subject?
    That Smith/Winick set is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Amazing!
    Have you collected that entire 137 plus issue run? I take it if you have, it's not a consecutive order (vol. 1-10) but rather titled more by author or subject?
    That Smith/Winick set is gorgeous.
    Yep, I've bound the whole run, but broke it into eras. So I have four volumes of Grell (pics here: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1468641) that contain issues Longbow Hunters, the main series #1-80, the Shado mini, the annuals from that period, etc. Crossroads is the volume that picks up from Grell and ends with Ollie's death. The Connor volumes contain the rest of the series, plus Connor's appearances in other books as well as some of the relaunched Green Arrow issues he's featured in. Then the relaunched series are their own set of 3, with the GA/BC volume containing Winick's issues plus the Black Canary mini and the wedding specials.

I organized it this way so that each set would work on their own, but still work together as well (though there is some repetition overlap between the final Connor volume and the three volume relaunched GA set).

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Yep, I've bound the whole run, but broke it into eras. So I have four volumes of Grell (pics here: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1468641) that contain issues Longbow Hunters, the main series #1-80, the Shado mini, the annuals from that period, etc. Crossroads is the volume that picks up from Grell and ends with Ollie's death. The Connor volumes contain the rest of the series, plus Connor's appearances in other books as well as some of the relaunched Green Arrow issues he's featured in. Then the relaunched series are their own set of 3, with the GA/BC volume containing Winick's issues plus the Black Canary mini and the wedding specials.

I organized it this way so that each set would work on their own, but still work together as well (though there is some repetition overlap between the final Connor volume and the three volume relaunched GA set).
    That looks great. I forgot how much Grell wrote and that there really wasn't much of a gap between him and Dixon. His stories of Connor run are very underrated but a great follow.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

As usual, those are gorgeous Mr. Grayson!

I was just talking with my LCS guy about the classic GA trades that DC's currently releasing. After Grell's run (which should wrap in vol. 9?), he seems to think that the "Cross Roads" era will end up in a couple of chunky trades. I tend to agree with him, but now I'm on the fence. Do I wait and see what DC does, or do I ship my single issues off to you?!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    As usual, those are gorgeous Mr. Grayson!

I was just talking with my LCS guy about the classic GA trades that DC's currently releasing. After Grell's run (which should wrap in vol. 9?), he seems to think that the "Cross Roads" era will end up in a couple of chunky trades. I tend to agree with him, but now I'm on the fence. Do I wait and see what DC does, or do I ship my single issues off to you?!
    I really don't think they'll collect Crossroads. Maaaybe they'll jump straight to the Connor run, but even that I doubt. Then again, with Arrow on air, they might decide there is enough of an audience.
    Cyclops was right

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The continued success of the show is what makes me think that they'll keep going as long as they can make a buck.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES