Page 30 of 86 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The continued success of the show is what makes me think that they'll keep going as long as they can make a buck.
    Since it would make sense for DC to continue collecting Green Arrow directly from the Grell material, I'm with FlashingSabre, they won't do it. Maybe they'll start immediately with Dixon's run, which would make little sense as a jumping on point since Dixon's run picks up ongoing storylines from other writers (it's literally part 3 of a 5 part story, and directly follows from what they'd be doing with Oliver starting with Crossroads). That would be more DC's style- organizing by creator in such a way as to make things difficult to read and missing parts of stories (New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol 3, all of the Legends of the Dark Knight/Tales of the Batman books organized by artist only, collecting only the Messner-Loebs issues of Wonder Woman that Mike Deodato drew, etc.)

Though I am given hope by the fact that these Green Arrow by Grell volumes are just called "Green Arrow Vol. #" and not "Green Arrow by Mike Grell"- that does seem to indicate a willingness to continue the series proper. They've made great strides in what they include in their books over the past couple years, so it's totally possible. But DC is nothing if not a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of company when it comes to collected editions, so who knows what'll happen? Having just read from Crossroads and being currently up to Meltzer's run, I sure hope they just keep going sequentially. It's great material and worth a reprint for sure.

All-New Member

I'll give credit. DC has been on a great run, knocking off volumes of classic GA, Robin, Nightwing, Suicide Squad and others in short order.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Been awhile, but thought I'd post some pics of some binds I had done in October. I got a bunch more Green Arrow to go with my Grell Green Arrow run:

Wow Dick Grayson ! Not only did you resurrect the thread...you did it with a vengeance! Great books as usual...and those spines! Damn if I lived in the states ...I would call ya up in a second! Those are some great books man...I mean I love Grells run (it's actually favorite run on Green Arrow) but you can't go wrong with Dixon, Smith and Winick either! I was wondering if you were going to keep going with that same DC logo or switch it up to new the one when you get to newer binds?
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Wow Dick Grayson ! Not only did you resurrect the thread...you did it with a vengeance! Great books as usual...and those spines! Damn if I lived in the states ...I would call ya up in a second! Those are some great books man...I mean I love Grells run (it's actually favorite run on Green Arrow) but you can't go wrong with Dixon, Smith and Winick either! I was wondering if you were going to keep going with that same DC logo or switch it up to new the one when you get to newer binds?
    Thanks man! While I do prefer the new logo, I didn't want 90% of my binds to have one logo and then a few new ones have a different one. My Grell Green Arrow binds have the previous logo, and I'd rather they all match. It drives me nuts when I look at my DC trades and hardcovers and there are only a handful with consistent logos because DC changes it so regularly.

Thanks man! While I do prefer the new logo, I didn't want 90% of my binds to have one logo and then a few new ones have a different one. My Grell Green Arrow binds have the previous logo, and I'd rather they all match. It drives me nuts when I look at my DC trades and hardcovers and there are only a handful with consistent logos because DC changes it so regularly.
    Idk if you got it but I emailed you guys back

Your covers all are beautiful!!!! Or since you're a guy, maybe I better say they're AWESOME!!!
    Still working on mine and will ship eventually to you but am increasing my order size.
    Are those covers laminated or something? The image looks a little shiny.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Your covers all are beautiful!!!! Or since you're a guy, maybe I better say they're AWESOME!!!
    Still working on mine and will ship eventually to you but am increasing my order size.
    Are those covers laminated or something? The image looks a little shiny.
    I'm okay with beautiful, I don't think that's a gender specific compliment at all!

And yep, the covers are laminated.

Yeah I love the new logo. Although not as much as the old bullet logo lol. That's one of the perks of binding ...you can use whichever logo you like.

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Yeah I love the new logo. Although not as much as the old bullet logo lol. That's one of the perks of binding ...you can use whichever logo you like.
    I think my favorite was the swoosh one, before the one I used on all my binds, though I do really like the current one. But I used the one I used because it was current and matched my New Teen Titans vol 3 omnibus, and I was doing New Teen Titans among my first binds, and then got locked into it. It's fine and the uniformity makes up for a lot (I tell myself!)

I think my favorite was the swoosh one, before the one I used on all my binds, though I do really like the current one. But I used the one I used because it was current and matched my New Teen Titans vol 3 omnibus, and I was doing New Teen Titans among my first binds, and then got locked into it. It's fine and the uniformity makes up for a lot (I tell myself!)
    Haha nice! Yeah I liked the swoosh logo as well but unfortunately DC was forced to stop using that one because of legal issues. I'm biased to the old bullet logo because that's the one I grew up with and I've used that one on all my binds from herring and Robinson. Unfortunately , the customs/ import fees at the border have increased and ive had to look for other options. I haven't bound anything here in Canada yet but hoping to start soon but there's only one bindery that I know of that's willing to make die stamps which was mentioned in this thread in the first couple of pages but they only do Smythe sewn and the majority of what I do is mix floppies with trades. So I'm literally in a bind ( see what I did there!) And looks like I'm gonna have to try another local bindery here that does oversewn and just deal with hardcovers without die stamps. Ah well ; my main thing is to get everything in hardcover omnibus I guess so beggars can't be choosers lol.

Been awhile, but thought I'd post some pics of some binds I had done in October. I got a bunch more Green Arrow to go with my Grell Green Arrow run:

one thing (of many) that blows me away about your binds is just how *clear* the covers are. i dont even understand how\why thats possible for you to do because i would expect a scan + reprint on a new material to not look anywhere near as good as this. nicely done!

ps: its really clever to put "connor hawke:" before the green arrow title for those other books, i like that idea a lot

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    one thing (of many) that blows me away about your binds is just how *clear* the covers are. i dont even understand how\why thats possible for you to do because i would expect a scan + reprint on a new material to not look anywhere near as good as this. nicely done!

ps: its really clever to put "connor hawke:" before the green arrow title for those other books, i like that idea a lot
    Just a matter of scanning at 300DPI and doing a little color correction and cleanup in Photoshop, nothing too extreme In the cases of more recent comics, its typically possible to find high enough resolution scans of the covers without any text on them and utilize those images too, rather than scanning.

I know some folks were asking, I just listed my Peter David Aquaman binds on ebay. Details at comicbindingpro.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Finally got my Hitman binds back. But they forgot to print the dustjackets. Argh...
    I know this an old post (regarding your Hitman bind)...but I am also putting a Hitman bind together...I had a reading order and lost it (here is the order I have the books bundled in right now, though, based on that order)...do you have a reading order you used? I'm including the offshoot appearances as well (first appearance in Demon, Batman Chronicles, Azrael, Resurrection Man, etc)

Trying to see where the JLA/Hitman fits in the order...I currently have it at the very end but not sure that's right.

EDIT: Here is what I have as of right now...although I have the All Star Section 8 mini and I think will add the Six Pack and Dogwelder mini after this as well...so will shuffle these around into four volumes, probably when all said and done. So here are the three volumes as of right now...and like I said these two Section 8 minis will add another 12 issues....if I do indeed add them.

Hitman Volume 1

Demon Annual 2
    Batman Chronicles 4 (“Hitman”)
    Hitman 1–3 (“A Rage in Arkham”)
    Hitman 4–7 (“Ten Thousand Bullets”)
    Hitman 8 (“The Night the Lights Went Out”)
    Hitman 9–12 (“Local Hero”)
    Hitman 13–14 (“Zombie Night at the Gotham Aquarium”)
    Hitman Annual 1
    Hitman 15–20 (“Ace of Killers”)
    Azrael 35 (“The Angel & The Hitman”)

(24 issues)

Hitman Volume 2

Hitman 21 (“Kiss Me”)
    Hitman 22 (“The Santa Contract”)
    Resurrection Man 9–10
    Hitman 23–28 (“Who Dares Wins”)
    Hitman 29–33 (“Tommy’s Heroes”)
    Hitman 1,000,000
    Hitman 34 (“Of Thee I Sing”)
    Superman 80-Page Giant 1 (“How To Be A Super-Hero!”)
    Hitman 35–36 (“Katie”)
    Hitman 37–38 (“Dead Man’s Land”)

(22 issues)

Hitman Volume 3

Hitman 39–43 (“For Tomorrow”)
    Hitman 44–46 (“Fresh Meat”)
    Hitman 47–50 (“The Old Dog”)
    Hitman/Lobo: That Stupid Bastich
    Hitman 51–52 (“Super Guy”)
    Hitman 53–60 (“Closing Time”)
    JLA/Hitman 1–2

(25 issues)
    Last edited by bobellis75; 01-04-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I know this an old post (regarding your Hitman bind)...but I am also putting a Hitman bind together...I had a reading order and lost it (here is the order I have the books bundled in right now, though, based on that order)...do you have a reading order you used? I'm including the offshoot appearances as well (first appearance in Demon, Batman Chronicles, Azrael, Resurrection Man, etc)

Trying to see where the JLA/Hitman fits in the order...I currently have it at the very end but not sure that's right.

EDIT: Here is what I have as of right now...although I have the All Star Section 8 mini and I think will add the Six Pack and Dogwelder mini after this as well...so will shuffle these around into four volumes, probably when all said and done. So here are the three volumes as of right now...and like I said these two Section 8 minis will add another 12 issues....if I do indeed add them.

Hitman Volume 1

Demon Annual 2
    Batman Chronicles 4 (“Hitman”)
    Hitman 1–3 (“A Rage in Arkham”)
    Hitman 4–7 (“Ten Thousand Bullets”)
    Hitman 8 (“The Night the Lights Went Out”)
    Hitman 9–12 (“Local Hero”)
    Hitman 13–14 (“Zombie Night at the Gotham Aquarium”)
    Hitman Annual 1
    Hitman 15–20 (“Ace of Killers”)
    Azrael 35 (“The Angel & The Hitman”)

(24 issues)

Hitman Volume 2

Hitman 21 (“Kiss Me”)
    Hitman 22 (“The Santa Contract”)
    Resurrection Man 9–10
    Hitman 23–28 (“Who Dares Wins”)
    Hitman 29–33 (“Tommy’s Heroes”)
    Hitman 1,000,000
    Hitman 34 (“Of Thee I Sing”)
    Superman 80-Page Giant 1 (“How To Be A Super-Hero!”)
    Hitman 35–36 (“Katie”)
    Hitman 37–38 (“Dead Man’s Land”)

(22 issues)

Hitman Volume 3

Hitman 39–43 (“For Tomorrow”)
    Hitman 44–46 (“Fresh Meat”)
    Hitman 47–50 (“The Old Dog”)
    Hitman/Lobo: That Stupid Bastich
    Hitman 51–52 (“Super Guy”)
    Hitman 53–60 (“Closing Time”)
    JLA/Hitman 1–2

(25 issues)
    Actually I guess that mini does fit at the end...since it's a story where they are talking about Tommy in past tense, and Superman is sad about his death in the end.

So...nevermind on that....I'd still be curious to see how you have yours bound though!