Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

And I got my last binding order in before my big move. Funnily enough, when I sent the order in my move wasn't final, so I'm planning to sell some of these (Shade, Blackest Night, maybe Grimjack).

First up, one of my favorite sets I've done, The Question/Batwoman by Greg Rucka:

I ended up going through all of 52 and extracting the Montoya/Sage/Kane stories, which actually works quite well on its own, as the capper to the first volume. The volume begins with Rucka's earliest Montoya stories from right before/during No Man's Land, includes Cry For Blood, and pertinent issues from his Detective and Gotham Central runs. Volume 2 has all of his Question and Batwoman stories post-52, as well as the Batman/Tec annuals featuring Montoya that weren't written by Rucka but heavily feature Renee and thus worthy of inclusion, and ending with Rucka's Convergence: The Question issues. As Rucka is probably my favorite writer, this was a true labor of love.

With Shade, I went as complete as I could, including the Shade stories from Vertigo Jam & Vertigo X, along with Milligan's Constantine storyline featuring Shade, the Flashpoint: Secret Seven mini, and Milligan's Justice League Dark run.

For Blackest Night I primarily used the official hardcovers, with floppies for the issues not collected, and sliced and diced to get the complete tale with all tie-ins into a proper reading order. I had owned all the hardcovers (thanks to some of the insane online sales Hastings used to have back in the day) and reading them was impossible since they are grouped by title instead of presented in any kind of logical reading order, hence binding.

Lastly, Ostrander's Grimjack: these contain the entire series, the early pre-ongoing appearances from Starslayer, all the Munden's Bar backups and annuals, The Gift one-shot, the Crossroads mini-series, the Demon Knight OGN (scanned, resized, and reprinted to fit in the binds), the IDW minis, as well as recent original shorts from the first IDW omnibus and the Breyfogle benefit collection The Whisper Campaign, as well as Grimjack's very first cameo appearance, in the background of a page .

The only bummer is that I included the letter columns but in some places there's just a hair more gutter loss than I'd like, as it eats up the characters close to the gutter. Not a huge deal, still readable, but oh well.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 03-07-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Wow gorgeous books as usual dude! I take it these are Goin with then? And hey you added the new DC logo to the Blackest Knight books! Looks great! Can I ask how the gutter loss is especially on the first book? Cause that's massive but I really like mapping order as it collects everything and reads better! I did Batwoman using your map (except I didn't add the excerpts from 52 because at the time I had not learned how to scan yet lol) and those Grim Jacks. ..simply amazing!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Thanks! I'm taking the Question/Batwoman binds, but want to sell Blackest Night & Shade, and maybe even Grimjack (really waffling on those!)

Gutter loss on Blackest Night (no K!) is no different than any of my other DFAB books, but yeah, it's about 2.5 inches thick so right at the limit really. Here are some inside pics:

If you used floppies for everything though, you'd have to go to three volumes at least I expect.

Fantastic job as always they look great, your services and art design skills will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Thanks! I'm taking the Question/Batwoman binds, but want to sell Blackest Night & Shade, and maybe even Grimjack (really waffling on those!)

Gutter loss on Blackest Night (no K!) is no different than any of my other DFAB books, but yeah, it's about 2.5 inches thick so right at the limit really. Here are some inside pics:

If you used floppies for everything though, you'd have to go to three volumes at least I expect.

Wow thanks for the pics! Yeah those are not bad at all. I totally forgot that you get your books bound using the DFAB method, so I guess you would be all right as they tend to lay flatter. I have all the trades and will probably use my local bindery and therefore I will have to split the books up as their default method is oversewn.

and sorry about all the spelling mistakes as I used my phone for that post and the onboard thesaurus tends to change my words, although its kind of funny that it changed night to Knight hahah. Dude you are soo going to be missed with these great posts but good luck with everything.

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Thanks to Mr. Grayson as always an excellent job. Got the Millar Swamp Thing, The Ennis Demon and the Azzarello Hellblzer (which is Vol 7 - Mr. Grayson also did the first 6 volumes for me as they came out). Definitely going to miss this top class service.

Attachment 46332
    Attachment 46333
    Attachment 46334

That is a nice selection of reading material there Tom Slick!

Incredible Member

If you bind 2 tpb instead of 4, is there less gutterloss or is it the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    If you bind 2 tpb instead of 4, is there less gutterloss or is it the same?
    It all depends on several factors. How many issues are in the two tpbs? Italso depends on the particular issues your binding. Do they contain full bleed artwork? Or are there significant border panels separating the art from the edges of the pages if the latter the feel free to bind 25 to 30 issues worth . If it 's full bleed but the tpbs were all made at the same time then they should be the same size and then you can simply leave them untrimmed (probably should let the bindery know before hand) and you should be good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    It all depends on several factors. How many issues are in the two tpbs? Italso depends on the particular issues your binding. Do they contain full bleed artwork? Or are there significant border panels separating the art from the edges of the pages if the latter the feel free to bind 25 to 30 issues worth . If it 's full bleed but the tpbs were all made at the same time then they should be the same size and then you can simply leave them untrimmed (probably should let the bindery know before hand) and you should be good.
    Im talking about the more recent stuff like Marvel Now and New 52 that has 5 issues per book. All the older stuff I have are mostly complete collections.