Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Im talking about the more recent stuff like Marvel Now and New 52 that has 5 issues per book. All the older stuff I have are mostly complete collections.
    While I havent bound any new 52 or marvel now stuff yet (I'm planning to though) the thinner paper on those collections should be fine enough to bind 25 to 30 issues worth ( 3 to 5 trades ) . That's my personal preference though . I have seen people bind 40 issues or more from these trades and They Still Look Great With No or little gutter Loss.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    First up, one of my favorite sets I've done, The Question/Batwoman by Greg Rucka:

I ended up going through all of 52 and extracting the Montoya/Sage/Kane stories, which actually works quite well on its own, as the capper to the first volume. The volume begins with Rucka's earliest Montoya stories from right before/during No Man's Land, includes Cry For Blood, and pertinent issues from his Detective and Gotham Central runs. Volume 2 has all of his Question and Batwoman stories post-52, as well as the Batman/Tec annuals featuring Montoya that weren't written by Rucka but heavily feature Renee and thus worthy of inclusion, and ending with Rucka's Convergence: The Question issues. As Rucka is probably my favorite writer, this was a true labor of love.
    this might be my favorite thing that youve done (and thats saying something). youve gotten so great at this art, i dont know why dc doesnt just hire you. i hope someday if\when you move back to the states youll resume the practice!

Ok...my first stab at binding - Morrison's Batman run....just got them back this week. Here are the covers:

Front.jpgBack.jpgSpine.jpg

Very nice did you design the covers? It is very addicting once you start you do not want to stop.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Ok...my first stab at binding - Morrison's Batman run....just got them back this week. Here are the covers:
    I custom bound Morrison's Batman run too, I did it because I felt forced to considering I highly suspect DC won't collect it in the order I myself deemed definitive.

So my mild curiosity questions are: What did you do with ROBW? Batman 700-702? And Morrison's Resurrection of Ra's 2 issues? Include any of Morrison's New 52 pages of Batman doing Thogal?

DC's hypothetical omnis of Morrison's run I think will be highly controversial. One of the hardest runs ever to know the best/correct/intended order of.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Very nice did you design the covers? It is very addicting once you start you do not want to stop.
    I designed everything, yes. It's addictive and I have stacks of things I am planning to bind.....I may need an intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I custom bound Morrison's Batman run too, I did it because I felt forced to considering I highly suspect DC won't collect it in the order I myself deemed definitive.

So my mild curiosity questions are: What did you do with ROBW? Batman 700-702? And Morrison's Resurrection of Ra's 2 issues? Include any of Morrison's New 52 pages of Batman doing Thogal?

DC's hypothetical omnis of Morrison's run I think will be highly controversial. One of the hardest runs ever to know the best/correct/intended order of.
    I can post the TOC's, showing the order of each volume....give me a couple minutes.

I designed everything, yes. It's addictive and I have stacks of things I am planning to bind.....I may need an intervention.
    Yeah I got a few piles of books and Hawkworld and Power of Shazam in a box for next batch. Up to around 50 vols and cannot stop. Next major one I want to do is Hellblazer 1 - 300.

Ok here you go.....(can only do 3 attachments per post...volume 4 to come)
    TOC1.jpgTOC2.jpgTOC3.jpg

And here is vol 4
    TOC4.jpg

As you can see...I did not include the entire Resurrection of Ra's crossover...I didn't like it, and it was really kind of forced in, I think, on Morrison. I did include his two issues, and I did include about a page long synopsis of the crossover, just to put his issues into context. I just kind of counted them as "bonus issues"

I have a lot of extras in the books, spread thru the 4 volumes, as well...although I didn't include them in the TOC, just included the actual comic content in the TOC's

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Front.jpgBack.jpgSpine.jpg
    Oh man, those are just gorgeous! I am very envious of you right now!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

And here is vol 4
    TOC4.jpg
    That is so sweet!! I really want to get my comics bound but every time I am about to, something comes up and I have to use the money for something else.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

To expand on my other answer (that answer being to post the TOC's).....I agree with you and wanted to build this bind in the order I wanted it to read.

So yes - I included in the beginning of Volume 1: 52 issue 30 and a few pages from issue 47. The rest of that volume is pretty straight forward with Batman and Son and Black Glove, basically.

Volume 2 - there is the excerpt from DC Universe #0 which is Batman and Joker. I then used a recommended order of reading I found that Morrison laid out regarding where Final Crisis fits. (I included the FC issues). He included some FC tie-in stuff that I opted out of, as to keep it more Batman centric and not get too convoluted. I capped that volume off with the Gaiman "Whatever happened..." issues as a nice little way to come off the FC and RIP stuff.

Volume 3 - This one is where it got interesting. I used the order Chris Burnham mapped out on Twitter when someone asked him about reading order....I read thru it in this order to make sure I liked it, and I did. So it goes Batman and Robin #1-9, Batman #700, B&R 10, ROBW 1, B&R 11, ROBW 2, B&R 12, ROBW 3, Batman 701-702, B&R 13, ROBW 4, B&R 14, ROBW 5, B&R 15, ROBW 6, B&R 16, Batman the Return one shot.

Volume 4 pretty straight ahead with BAtman Inc....Volume 1, Leviathan one shot, then Volume 2, all in straight reading order.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

So yes - I included in the beginning of Volume 1: 52 issue 30 and a few pages from issue 47.
    Absolute same with me. So smart, such important pages IMHO. Will be quite surprised if DC includes these in any future Morrison Batman run collection.

Volume 3 - This one is where it got interesting. I used the order Chris Burnham mapped out on Twitter when someone asked him about reading order....I read thru it in this order to make sure I liked it, and I did. So it goes Batman and Robin #1-9, Batman #700, B&R 10, ROBW 1, B&R 11, ROBW 2, B&R 12, ROBW 3, Batman 701-702, B&R 13, ROBW 4, B&R 14, ROBW 5, B&R 15, ROBW 6, B&R 16, Batman the Return one shot.
    Bravo, I've sadly come across so many smart fans of the run deny this order and I'm glad you didn't fall into that category. It really is the best order. And Morrison in FC made it clear he was in a channel-surfing mood (meaning the back and forth in Burnham's order is also suggested by Morrison's own words during FC, besides Burnham also sensing the very same from the guy he worked with closely).

Our maps are pretty darn close. Though I included all of Ra's Resurrection (including its epilogue not in the trade) only because I felt I had to (wasn't a fan either) and all of Final Crisis (well, the main new edition/post-Absolute trade that had Morrison's chosen preferred order).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-16-2017 at 05:59 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”