Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

@ bobellis75: Wow? !! Your first stab? That's amazing! Ive been binding on and off for years and i would never attempt such an endeavor! Beautiful books Dude! Enjoy! And thank you for resurrecting this thread!
    Last edited by Gotham Thrasher; 06-15-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    @ bobellis75: Wow? !! Your first stab? That's amazing! Ive been binding on and off for years and i would never attempt such an endeavor! Beautiful books Dude! Enjoy! And thank you for resurrecting this thread!
    I had plenty of advice and bounced ideas off people along the way. It was not going to be my first attempt...and then I said screw it, and went for it. It was a little nerve racking at times, as I only knew a little about photoshop, and had much to learn. My initial plan was to do a small, straight forward project and then move to something big. But I'm pretty happy with it all. I have stacks of other things to do as well. My next plan was to do Hitman, although I might just do something small to kind of give myself a buffer between large projects. I want to do All-Star Superman, and that should be a simple enough project, single volume, etc....probably will start working on both Superman and Hitman at the same time and then just see how it all plays out....
    Last edited by bobellis75; 06-16-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Absolute same with me. So smart, such important pages IMHO. Will be quite surprised if DC includes these in any future Morrison Batman run collection.

Bravo, I've sadly come across so many smart fans of the run deny this order and I'm glad you didn't fall into that category. It really is the best order. And Morrison in FC made it clear he was in a channel-surfing mood (meaning the back and forth in Burnham's order is also suggested by Morrison's own words during FC, besides Burnham also sensing the very same from the guy he worked with closely).

Our maps are pretty darn close. Though I included all of Ra's Resurrection (including its epilogue not in the trade) only because I felt I had to (wasn't a fan either) and all of Final Crisis (well, the main new edition/post-Absolute trade that had Morrison's chosen preferred order).
    Yeah this Morrison run is special and bounced around a lot for sure...I felt like I wanted to build it in the way I would want to read it, to get the most enjoyment out of it, so I went with the orders suggested by Morrison and Burnham, etc.

I thought about including the Ra's crossover...the completionist in me wanted to do it....but the more I thought about it, I really wanted to keep it to the main Morrison threads, outside of including the two Gaiman issues.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    My next plan was to do Hitman, although I might just do something small to kind of give myself a buffer between large projects. I want to do All-Star Superman
    I'm currently getting Hitman (along with Ennis's Demon run) and Hellblazer (to end of Ennis's run + All His Engines) done.

I did a Morrison Superman bind with All Star first, then an old leftover of mine JLA tpb abbrev version of One Million (which is kinda a sequel to All Star weirdly, see below), and then Morrison's Action run (I put it last because I'm not the biggest fan of it & view as too different and separate from other Supes Morrison has written, in my bind, it's basically treated as a very long extra). Left Final Crisis out because no room/have it elsewhere/etc.

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-...on-connection/
    NOTE: I chose to view One Million as a sequel to All Star based on All Star Supes/Solaris's perspectives. One Mill could be viewed as a prequel too, as article details.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-16-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I love reading Comic Binding Threads. Love seeing the TOC's and covers and finished products.

But I have a Question?
    So many of you get very detailed and concise about the order or "mapping".

Is there a go to source online to help with DC mapping?
    Once you bind, it's pretty much permenant.
    So accuracy is crucial to me.
    Are there links of pages or sites that have all of this?
    Or should I start my own "collection" of copying people's mapping?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I'm currently getting Hitman (along with Ennis's Demon run) and Hellblazer (to end of Ennis's run + All His Engines) done.

I did a Morrison Superman bind with All Star first, then an old leftover of mine JLA tpb abbrev version of One Million (which is kinda a sequel to All Star weirdly, see below), and then Morrison's Action run (I put it last because I'm not the biggest fan of it & view as too different and separate from other Supes Morrison has written, in my bind, it's basically treated as a very long extra). Left Final Crisis out because no room/have it elsewhere/etc.

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-...on-connection/
    NOTE: I chose to view One Million as a sequel to All Star based on All Star Supes/Solaris's perspectives. One Mill could be viewed as a prequel too, as article details.
    I'll have to consider the One Million issues...never thought of it as a tie-in. Would probably skip the Action stuff. I don't remember how many issues it was? I didn't buy it as it came out....one of the few MOrrison things I haven't read, probably.

As for Hitman - I'm including all the stuff with Tommy, plus at the end will have the two Section 8 mini's. Here...I'll just post my Hitman map - which will also include excerpt from JLA #5 (when Tommy used his X-Ray vision to check out Wonder Woman...I believe it fits after the Gotham Aquarium arc). Anyway - here is how I have it mapped out as of right now, and have all this stuff in a box ready to roll...I just have to design covers, interior extras, and so on.

VOL 1 HELL’S HITMAN
    Demon Annual 2
    Demon 42-45 “Hell’s Hitman”
    Demon 52-54 “Suffer the Children”
    Batman Chronicles 4
    Hitman 1-3 “A Rage in Arkham”
    Hitman 4-7 “Ten Thousand Bullets”
    Hitman 8
    Hitman Annual 1
    Hitman 9-12 “Local Heroes”

21 issues total

VOL 2 ACE OF KILLERS
    Hitman 13-14 “Zombie night at Gotham Aquarium”
    Hitman 15-20 “Ace of Killers”
    Azrael 35
    Hitman 21-22
    Resurrection Man 9-10
    Hitman 23-27 “Who Dares Wins”
    Hitman 28
    Hitman 29-33 “Tommy’s Heroes”

24 issues total

VOL 3 FOR TOMORROW
    Hitman 34
    Hitman 1,000,000
    Hitman 35-36 “Katie”
    Hitman 37-38 “Dead Man’s Land”
    Hitman 39-42 “For Tomorrow”
    Hitman 43
    Hitman 44-46 “Fresh Meat”
    Hitman 47-50 “The Old Dog”
    Hitman/Lobo 1
    Superman 80 Page Giant (excerpt)
    Hitman 51-52 “Super Guy”

22 issues total

VOL 4 CLOSING TIME
    Hitman 53-60 “Closing Time”
    JLA/Hitman 1-2
    Convergence Harley Quinn 2 (Backup Story)
    All-Star Section 8 1-6
    Sixpack and Dogwelder 1-6

23 issues total

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I love reading Comic Binding Threads. Love seeing the TOC's and covers and finished products.

But I have a Question?
    So many of you get very detailed and concise about the order or "mapping".

Is there a go to source online to help with DC mapping?
    Once you bind, it's pretty much permenant.
    So accuracy is crucial to me.
    Are there links of pages or sites that have all of this?
    Or should I start my own "collection" of copying people's mapping?
    A lot of google searches is how I do it...some of it I'm familiar enough with to get it pretty close. But you can go to DC and Marvel wikia sites that often will tell you if a story continues in another book, for example.

And yes...that was my first bind, like I said, so I went to great lengths to make sure I had everything mapped exactly how I wanted it...I probably spent a couple of months working on mapping, designs, finding extra content, and so on. I'm always happy to share any binds I have.

You can really google reading orders or mapping and find a lot of stuff on reddit or other sites where people are discussing. Just google, for example "Grant Morrison Batman reading order" and you'll get hits...I'd say for multiple hits, just compare them and figure out a consensus order, and then tweak to your liking if you want....doesn't hurt to skim through the books once you have in order as well, to make sure you are happy with how it reads.

Like you said, it's permanent...so take your time and do it right.

I
    As for Hitman - I'm including all the stuff with Tommy, plus at the end will have the two Section 8 mini's. Here...I'll just post my Hitman map - which will also include excerpt from JLA #5 (when Tommy used his X-Ray vision to check out Wonder Woman...I believe it fits after the Gotham Aquarium arc). Anyway - here is how I have it mapped out as of right now, and have all this stuff in a box ready to roll...I just have to design covers, interior extras, and so on.

VOL 1 HELL’S HITMAN
    Demon Annual 2
    Demon 42-45 “Hell’s Hitman”
    Demon 52-54 “Suffer the Children”
    Batman Chronicles 4
    Hitman 1-3 “A Rage in Arkham”
    Hitman 4-7 “Ten Thousand Bullets”
    Hitman 8
    Hitman Annual 1
    Hitman 9-12 “Local Heroes”

21 issues total

VOL 2 ACE OF KILLERS
    Hitman 13-14 “Zombie night at Gotham Aquarium”
    Hitman 15-20 “Ace of Killers”
    Azrael 35
    Hitman 21-22
    Resurrection Man 9-10
    Hitman 23-27 “Who Dares Wins”
    Hitman 28
    Hitman 29-33 “Tommy’s Heroes”

24 issues total

VOL 3 FOR TOMORROW
    Hitman 34
    Hitman 1,000,000
    Hitman 35-36 “Katie”
    Hitman 37-38 “Dead Man’s Land”
    Hitman 39-42 “For Tomorrow”
    Hitman 43
    Hitman 44-46 “Fresh Meat”
    Hitman 47-50 “The Old Dog”
    Hitman/Lobo 1
    Superman 80 Page Giant (excerpt)
    Hitman 51-52 “Super Guy”

22 issues total

VOL 4 CLOSING TIME
    Hitman 53-60 “Closing Time”
    JLA/Hitman 1-2
    Convergence Harley Quinn 2 (Backup Story)
    All-Star Section 8 1-6
    Sixpack and Dogwelder 1-6

23 issues total
    My Demon/Hitman map, which takes a more hardline publication order view (frankly I think DC made mistakes in their order, even though their wrong order is harmless) using Mike's Amazing Comics site for publication order info:
    Demon volume:
    The Demon (1990 3rd Series) #40
    The Demon Annual #2
    The Demon #41 - 58

Hitman Vol 1:
    Batman Chronicles #4
    Hitman #1 - 14
    Pages from JLA #5
    Hitman #15 - 20
    Hitman Annual #1
    Azrael #35
    Hitman #21 - 22
    Resurrection Man #9 - 10
    Hitman #23 - 28

Hitman Vol 2:
    Hitman #29 - 33
    Hitman #1,000,000
    Hitman #34
    Superman 80-Page Giant #1
    Hitman #35 - 50
    Hitman / Lobo: That Stupid Bastich #1
    Hitman #51 - 60
    JLA / Hitman #1 - 2

Left out the Section 8 stuff because not the biggest fan & lack of space (wanted only 3 vols max, I push limits on thickness).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-16-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

My Demon/Hitman map, which takes a more hardline publication order view (frankly I think DC made mistakes in their order, even though their wrong order is harmless) using Mike's Amazing Comics site for publication order info:
    Demon volume:
    The Demon (1990 3rd Series) #40
    The Demon Annual #2
    The Demon #41 - 58

Hitman Vol 1:
    Batman Chronicles #4
    Hitman #1 - 14
    Pages from JLA #5
    Hitman #15 - 20
    Hitman Annual #1
    Azrael #35
    Hitman #21 - 22
    Resurrection Man #9 - 10
    Hitman #23 - 28

Hitman Vol 2:
    Hitman #29 - 33
    Hitman #1,000,000
    Hitman #34
    Superman 80-Page Giant #1
    Hitman #35 - 50
    Hitman / Lobo: That Stupid Bastich #1
    Hitman #51 - 60
    JLA / Hitman #1 - 2

Left out the Section 8 stuff because not the biggest fan & lack of space (wanted only 3 vols max, I push limits on thickness).
    I debated the Section 8 stuff....but again...the completionist in me wants to include it. Just seems like Closing Time and Hitman/JLA are such a good ending point, though. If I did cut that stuff out, I'd do three volumes.

Would probably skip the Action stuff. I don't remember how many issues it was? I didn't buy it as it came out....one of the few Morrison things I haven't read, probably.l
    Like 16-18 issues worth of material (counting annuals and such), in 3 trades. Yea, I wouldn't blame you if you left it out. The villains are like the best part of it (though not even Morrison's Lex in it is very good). This run is probably the most disappointing of anything Morrison ever wrote, very probably my least favorite of his work.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-16-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Like 16-18 issues worth of material (counting annuals and such), in 3 trades. Yea, I wouldn't blame you if you left it out. The villains are like the best part of it (though not even Morrison's Lex in it is very good). This run is probably the most disappointing of anything Morrison ever wrote, very probably my least favorite of his work.
    I read the article you linked regarding One MIllion, though, and think I will add that to the AS Superman bind...that's pretty cool.

I read the article you linked regarding One MIllion, though, and think I will add that to the AS Superman bind...that's pretty cool.
    Yea, definitely a big connection between the two. I have the fantastic official O.Mill Omni, but for my Morrison Supes bind included DC's first very short super-abridged O.Mill softcover, so the connections between All Star & O.Mill were all right there in one bind to appreciate. Your decision will be to use the same O.Mill old softcover trade I did, or (since you'll have more space) do you include your own chosen contents from O.Mill?

When I bound Morrison's JLA, I also wanted to include O.Mill there so I came up with my own O.Mill sub map that didn't include every issue of the event (far too many), but included a Batman/Superman/best issues focused selection of O.Mill issues using an improved reading order I developed painstakingly.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Yea, definitely a big connection between the two. I have the fantastic official O.Mill Omni, but for my bind included DC's first very short super-abridged O.Mill softcover, so the connections between All Star & O.Mill were all right there in one bind to appreciate. Your decision will be to use the same O.Mill old softcover trade I did, or (since you'll have more space) do you include your own chosen contents from O.Mill?

When I bound Morrison's JLA, I also wanted to include O.Mill there so I came up with my own O.Mill sub map that didn't include every issue of the event (far too many), but included a Batman/Superman/best issues focused selection of O.Mill issues using an improved reading order I developed painstakingly.
    I'm also doing JLA at some point...I'll start with the Morrison stuff and then eventually I can just keep tacking on if I want to get into the Waid run, and so on...just keep adding volume numbers as I go. But the first batch on that will be the Morrison stuff.

So you included how much One Mill stuff in the AS Superman bind?? That entire bind? How many issues was that? Which trade did you use? I'd have to look into what to do there.....did you just bind AS Superman 1-12 and then add One Mill after it in the bind? I'd be curious to see your map on that.

For Morrison Supes bind, I used this to stand in for O.Mill:
    http://www.dcindexes.com/features/gu...tpb&tpbid=7866

For my Morrison JLA binds, I used this more fuller abridged version of O.Mill to represent O.Mill (but this all very arbitrary and represents personal preferences of what to include and leave out):

-Chronos 1M
    -DC One Million 1 & 2
    -Sup Man of Steel 1M
    -Superman 1M
    -Batman Shadow of Bat 1M
    -Nightwing 1M
    -Detective Comics 1M
    -Starman 1M
    -JLA 1M
    -DC One Million 3
    -Batman 1M
    -Catwoman 1M
    -Robin 1M
    -Green Lantern 1M
    -M.Manhunter 1M
    -Action 1M
    -Adv of Sup 1M
    -Sup Man of Tom 1M
    -cover to DCU Villains Secret Files & Origins #1 + "Lost Pages" from DCU Villains Secret Files & Origins #1 + Solaris Schematic and Vandal story from DCU Villains Secret Files & Origins #1
    -Res Man 1M
    -DC One Million 4

(this is my favorite version/ordering of DC One Million, the official Omni's failing is that it's a crazy non-order mostly, which is understandable though as there was no clear stated fan-accepted order)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-16-2017 at 11:44 AM.

My JLA bind....I have shuffled it around a bit...but I THINK will go like this:

JLA 1-4
    JLA Secret Files 1
    JLA/Wildcats
    JLA 5-15
    JLA Secret Files 2
    Prometheus one shot
    JLA 16-23
    1MILL stuff
    JLA 24-41

Something like that...off the top of my head (I'm at work...will have to look at home).

I think I also have the JLA Classified stuff MOrrison did (4 issues?) slotted in somewhere and considering the miniseries JLA Midsummer's Nightmare at the front of this map (pre JLA 1) - it was written by Waid, of course, but really was kind of a springboard for that JLA ongoing series.