Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Got this map off of Grayson, not sure who came up with it, but wanted to get any thoughts on the map below vs just going 1 - 300 with mini-series mixed in.

HELLBLAZER:

--Jamie Delano--
    Book 1 - ORIGINAL SINS [#1-19 + Swamp Thing #76-77]
    Book 2 - THE FAMILY MAN [#20-24, 28-31, 33-40, 84, 250]
    Book 3 - PANDEMONIUM [Annual '89 + Bad Blood #1-4 + The Horrorist #1-2 + Pandemonium + Secret Files #1]

--Garth Ennis--
    Book 4 - DANGEROUS HABITS [#41-50, 52-61]
    Book 5 - TAINTED LOVE [#62-77 + Special #1 + Vertigo Jam #1]
    Book 6 - RAKE AT THE GATES OF HELL [#78-83, 129-133 + Heartland + Chas #1-5]

--Paul Jenkins--
    Book 7 - THE NATURE OF THE BEAST [#89-109]
    Book 8 - HUMAN PUNK [#110-128 + Hellblazer-The Books of Magic #1-2]

--Warren Ellis + fill-ins (so far)--
    Book 9 - SETTING SUN [#25-27, 32, 51, 85-88, 134-145, 250 + Shoot]

--Brian Azzarello--
    Book 10 - LAPDOGS AND ENGLISHMEN [#146-174, 250 + Secret Files #1]

--Mike Carey--
    Book 11 - BLACK FLOWERS [#175-196]
    Book 12 - DOWN IN THE GROUND [#197-215, 229 + All His Engines]

--Denise Mina + other fill-ins--
    Book 13 - SEASON OF THE ZEALOT [#216-228, 245-246 + City of Demons #1-5 + Papa Midnite #1-5]

--Andy Diggle--
    Book 14 - THE LAUGHING MAGICIAN [#230-244, 247-249 + Lady Constantine #1-4]

--Peter Milligan--
    Book 15 - BLOODY CARNATIONS [#250-275]
    Book 16 - DEATH AND CIGARRETES [#276-300, Annual '11]
    I would include Lovestreet at the beginning and Bad Blood after Milligan's run because IMO Bad Blood is the true ending to the Constantine saga.
    I've got my run bound all the way thru the end of Azz.
    It's a little different as I included the second short Ennis run along with Ellis since they were collected that way in tpb.
    I'll probably go back and do a "zero" volume and collect all the mini-series and Pandemonium which I completely forgot about.
    So far the only one I included was the two-issue one by Jenkins.
    Also, I want to find a spot for HB's appearance in Shade. I think it was a four-issue stint.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 06-25-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I would include Lovestreet at the beginning and Bad Blood after Milligan's run because IMO Bad Blood is the true ending to the Constantine saga.
    I've got my run bound all the way thru the end of Azz.
    It's a little different as I included the second short Ennis run along with Ellis since they were collected that way in tpb.
    I'll probably go back and do a "zero" volume and collect all the mini-series and Pandemonium which I completely forgot about.
    So far the only one I included was the two-issue one by Jenkins.
    Also, I want to find a spot for HB's appearance in Shade. I think it was a four-issue stint.
    I like the idea of Bad Blood at end of the series, I was also thinking of doing a mini-series in one volume but may have to move Bad Blood from that to the end. I got to re-read a bunch of it to see if it flows better in numerical order or jumbled up as in the map. Now I am thinking do 1 - 300 + Bad Blood epilogue to series and then a mini-series volume.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

One lmistake I think DC made when collecting Alan Moore's Swamp Thing: Leaving out DC Comics Presents #85 - The Jungle Line, which is a Superman/Swamp Thing story.

That one story is why I custom bound S.Thing instead of waiting. I don't think DC considers it part of the Moore Swamp Thing run, which I can't agree with.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-26-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    One little mistake I think DC made when collecting Alan Moore's Swamp Thing: Leaving out DC Comics Presents #85 - The Jungle Line, which is a Superman/Swamp Thing story.

That one story is why I custom bound S.Thing instead of waiting. I don't think DC considers it part of the Moore Swamp Thing run, which I can't agree with.
    Definitely agree with you but is this not collected in the ST hardcovers? I thought it was but maybe I'm thinking of the Alan Moore tpb collection.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Definitely agree with you but is this not collected in the ST hardcovers? I thought it was but maybe I'm thinking of the Alan Moore tpb collection.
    Not in ST hard or soft covers. Nope. And I think DC's thinking was this ridiculous notion of (before Vertigo existed) what titles would have (in retrospect) been Vertigo and what titles would have not. They appear to be saying they don't think DC Presents #85 was Vertigo-ish enough (as if DC Pres #85 was terribly different from the rest of Moore's run). (Despite there being no Vertigo for any of Moore's ST run)

That's the only thing I can suppose for why DC left it out, except sheer forgetfulness. Some logic applied to what it means to be fall under "Vertigo" for books that weren't Vertigo initially, since it didn't exist until 1993.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-26-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

One little mistake I think DC made when collecting Alan Moore's Swamp Thing: Leaving out DC Comics Presents #85 - The Jungle Line, which is a Superman/Swamp Thing story.

Hehe. This is a perfect example of why I custom bind as well. It just seems like whoever works for DCs collections department either isn't familiar with the material that they are collecting, therefore leaving out important to issues /crossovers etc , or worse as a cost cutting measure /space issue which Marvel recently admitted they too are guilty of this.
    Point is for me...custom binding rules!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Not in ST hard or soft covers. Nope. And I think DC's thinking was this ridiculous notion of (before Vertigo existed) what titles would have (in retrospect) been Vertigo and what titles would have not. They (???) appear to be saying they don't think DC Presents #85 was Vertigo-ish enough (as if DC Pres #85 was terribly different from the rest of Moore's run). (Despite there being no Vertigo for any of Moore's ST run)

That's the only thing I can suppose for why DC left it out, except sheer forgetfulness. Some logic applied to what it means to be fall under "Vertigo" for books that weren't Vertigo initially, since it didn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Hehe. This is a perfect example of why I custom bind as well. It just seems like whoever works for DCs collections department either isn't familiar with the material that they are collecting, therefore leaving out important to issues /crossovers etc , or worse as a cost cutting measure /space issue which Marvel recently admitted they too are guilty of this.
    Point is for me...custom binding rules!
    I remember that for years the early edition of ST collections didn't have issue 20 in them.

It is should have been included with Swamp Thing, but they did at least include it in the Alan Moore Superman trade. I assume it was due to it not being a Vertigo book.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

yeah .. see? Stuff like that really annoys me. That and sometimes when they reprint an issue partially and leave out something crucial and then if they release another version of the collection they add what they missed but then remove something they already had. LOL

One thing I love doing is adding supplementary material (interviews etc) to my bind or in the case of my Knightfall bind, the Azbats/Punisher crossover which we Know will never be reprinted anytime soon.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Oh awesome. I could have sworn I went to look at something and came up empty on a hit for the site. Love to look at your stuff for inspiration.
    I let the domain, comicbindingpro.com expire, but I left the tumblr blog itself intact. Any direct links using the domain rather than the tumblr address won't work though, unfortunately.

I am starting to find some time for a little design work here and there, but obviously being nowhere near binderies, I can't do the full-service stuff anymore. Still fun seeing everyone else's work though, of course!

So i want to get my 5 JMS spider man trades bound into 5 Masterwork style hardcovers. Is there anyone here who will do the work for people if payed ?

I have not been following this thread so i'm not sure if i have missed es this info if its been discussed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    So i want to get my 5 JMS spider man trades bound into 5 Masterwork style hardcovers. Is there anyone here who will do the work for people if payed ?

I have not been following this thread so i'm not sure if i have missed es this info if its been discussed.

Thanks
    http://www.singleboundstudios.com/

They will help you with everything you need, have not used them yet but they took over from CBP when Grayson left for Japan.

Many thanks. I'll email these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    http://www.singleboundstudios.com/

They will help you with everything you need, have not used them yet but they took over from CBP when Grayson left for Japan.
    I have seen some cool stuff from single bound....a recent Spectre bind I saw was especially killer.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I have seen some cool stuff from single bound....a recent Spectre bind I saw was especially killer.
    I saw that on the FB page. I was wondering if they were good or not. Dick Grayson did my Hellblazers and I'm going to need anotehr volume when the next tpb comes out, so I want them to look good and match.