Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    I had the Ostander/Mandrake run bound by them just a few months ago. They didn't already have a Spectre die-stamp, so I did the Photoshop work needed to have one made:

Those are fantastic!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    I had the Ostander/Mandrake run bound by them just a few months ago. They didn't already have a Spectre die-stamp, so I did the Photoshop work needed to have one made:

I'm soooo jealous of those! They look amazing and it's an amazing run
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I was thinking about doing this with trade paperbacks. Anyone ever done it.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I was thinking about doing this with trade paperbacks. Anyone ever done it.
    People bind their trades all the time.

If you mean binding books into paperbacks people have done that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOld
    Hermit;165787
    People bind their trades all the time.

If you mean binding books into paperbacks people have done that as well.
    Yeah, I meant TPB to HC.
    I'm thinking of trying it with New mutants, Thundercats or Catwoman. I'm wanting something different in HC. I may actually try Catwoman if my research on collected editions of her prove worth it.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Did they have to cast two different dies to do the front and spine, or is it a digital die that can be reshaped, or are they both just the same height as each other? Hard to tell from that angle, but those book look sharp as hell. I think I'm going to do the same green-on-black for my first bind of Savage She-Hulk.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Did they have to cast two different dies to do the front and spine, or is it a digital die that can be reshaped, or are they both just the same height as each other? Hard to tell from that angle, but those book look sharp as hell. I think I'm going to do the same green-on-black for my first bind of Savage She-Hulk.
    It's the same die. The perspective makes it look like it's in different sizes.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Sharing my first bound books.

These were test books, trying to convert Marvel Epic TPBs into hardcovers.

I love the result as they lay open flat and minimal gutter loss.

I will get this treatment done to awl the books containing favorite stories.

Those are really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Sharing my first bound books.

These were test books, trying to convert Marvel Epic TPBs into hardcovers.

I love the result as they lay open flat and minimal gutter loss.

I will get this treatment done to awl the books containing favorite stories.
    Really awesome! Did you include the front and back cover of the TPB Epic Collections?

I got my Spectre by Doug Moench volumes back from Herring and Robinson. They are fantastic! I'll try and post some pics later today, but I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. I'm thinking of sending in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight next.

Amazing Member

Those epics are nice. Did they still charge you the same? I hate to spend $20 extra on something like that, but then again its also in a nicer package now.

Been a long time since I visited CBR. And in that time, I started to do some comic binding through Herring and Robinson. I had a question for those of you more familiar with binding:

Custom Covers. Do you all find a place with hi-res images of covers you want to use that don't have logos, barcodes, etc? I tried Comic Book Gallery but couldn't find some I needed. Wondered if there were any more recommended sites to find them.

Thanks in advance

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Finally, I have my first two bound books - and I am already addicted! They are both from Herring & Robinson, and took about 8wks total from send to receipt.

The two projects were The Savage She-Hulk #1-25 oversewn and The Saga of the Sub-Mariner #1-12 (+ Prince Namor, Sub-Mariner #1-4, to expand the last few pages of Saga to the full story) handsewn. These were both junker runs I had for cheap but also really wanted to see collected, so they seemed like good experiments.

[click through for larger photos]

Last edited by krisis; 01-18-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I know it's 9 issues slimmer, but Namor seems to be handily beating She-Hulk on gutter loss at the middle based on Namor's handsew of the based on how much margin the handsew takes up. As you can see from the top view above, the handsewn book is more tightly bound - but I don't know that it's a good thing.

(Spoilered out information from my original post that was incorrect.)
    Last edited by krisis; 01-18-2015 at 11:27 AM.