Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm binding Byrne's Man of Steel era. I've been planning it for a while and I think the time is now. And since DC's trades actually suck order-wise, mapping this is not so easy.

Actually, the order errors are a big reason why I'm doing this now (and not waiting further): I reminded myself that a DC omnibus of the era is likely going to replicate such errors, so why try to wait for those and cross fingers on correcting every error?

Plus I'm gonna add a few things like some Legeends proper issues and other such additions. (Which I know any Omnis won't do)

(this is the kind of thinking I use when choosing/prioritizing binds...they have good collections? If no, likely to soon enough have them? Do I want unlikely additions or expect trade errors?)
    This is another run I'm going to get bound eventually. Can you let me know what order you settle on when you get them done?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    This is another run I'm going to get bound eventually. Can you let me know what order you settle on when you get them done?
    Yes, I shall try to remember to post it. It will be definitive as far as I'm concerned, meaning I might make some arbitrary decisions of my own that others might not agree with (and by "others" I mean some of the well thought folks with orders I've seen online that I'm using to help me with my order). I'm pretty rigorous and weigh a lot of things, so I know I will at least be totally cool with my order.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

I've got the entirety of Byrnes run from 1986 to Jurgen's last issue in 1999 mapped in 20 volumes right here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yes, I shall try to remember to post it. It will be definitive as far as I'm concerned, meaning I might make some arbitrary decisions of my own that others might not agree with (and by "others" I mean some of the well thought folks with orders I've seen online that I'm using to help me with my order). I'm pretty rigorous and weigh a lot of things, so I know I will at least be totally cool with my order.
    Cool, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    I've got the entirety of Byrnes run from 1986 to Jurgen's last issue in 1999 mapped in 20 volumes right here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    Hey GT, do you have a map just of Bryne's initial run from the MOS mini through his Superman run, with additional issues?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Well the first three volumes cover Byrnes run
    VOLUME 1.
    Man of Steel # 1
    Man of Steel # 2
    Man of Steel # 3
    Man of Steel # 4
    Man of Steel # 5
    Man of Steel # 6
    Superman Annual #7
    Legends of the DCU #1
    Legends of the DCU #2
    Legends of the DCU #3
    Booster Gold #6
    Booster Gold #7
    Superman #1
    AoS #424
    Action #584
    Superman #2
    AoS #425
    Action #585
    Legends #1
    Legends #2
    Legends #3
    Legends #4
    Superman #3
    AoS #426
    Action #586
    Legends #5
    Legends #6

VOLUME 2
    Superman #4
    AoS #427
    Action #587
    AoS #428
    Superman #5
    Superman #6
    AoS #429
    Hawkman #10 *
    Action #588
    Action #589
    Action #590
    Superman #7
    LOSH #37
    Superman #8
    Action #591
    LOSH #38
    AoS #430
    Superman Annual #1
    AoS #431
    AoS Annual #1
    Superman #9
    AoS #432
    AoS #433
    AoS #434
    Action #592
    Action #593
    Superman #10
    Action Annual #1
    Superman #11
    Action #594
    Booster Gold #23
    Superman #12
    AoS #435
    Action #595
    Superman #13
    AoS #436
    Action #596
    Superman #14
    AoS #437
    Action #597
    Superman #15
    AoS #438
    Action #598

VOLUME 3
    Superman #16
    AoS #439
    Action #599
    Action #599 bonus book insert
    Superman #17
    AoS #440
    Action #600
    Superman #18
    AoS #441
    Superman #19
    AoS #442
    AoS #443
    Superman Annual #2
    Doom Patrol #10
    Superman #20
    Superman #21
    AoS #444
    Superman #22
    World of Krypton #1
    World of Krypton #2
    World of Krypton #3
    World of Krypton #4
    World of Smallville #1
    World of Smallville #2
    World of Smallville #3
    World of Smallville #4
    World of Metropolis #1
    World of Metropolis #2
    World of Metropolis #3
    World of Metropolis #4

* Hawkman # 10 is totally optional, Superman only shows up at the end and in Action # 588 the conclusion also sums/recaps up the Hawkman issue
    Last edited by Gotham Thrasher; 09-25-2017 at 10:48 PM.

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate it.

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate it.
    No problem , glad to be of help!

Just out of curiosity, do you have any pics of your bound books? I always like to see other's books.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    what is messed up with mapping on the trades? Was planning on binding them at some point, but may skip it if they are a mess to reorder.
    Also, the trades are incomplete, one of the best Lex stories ever told "Metropolis 900 Mi"....not in MOS vol 5 where it belongs. Apparently it was punished for having no Clark or Superman.

http://www.dcindexes.com/features/st...?storyid=48761

http://community.comicbookresources....ries-Ever-Told
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-22-2017 at 06:03 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Another bind I'm working on....Hickman's Fantastic Four. Wondering what the thoughts are on including Secret Wars in a custom bind? Written by Hickman and really a FF centric story.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Another bind I'm working on....Hickman's Fantastic Four. Wondering what the thoughts are on including Secret Wars in a custom bind? Written by Hickman and really a FF centric story.
    I absolutely would include Secret Wars as the resolve of his FF run, but I also might feel compelled to include some of New Avengers as it related to The Bridge and finding out the truth about Doom.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I absolutely would include Secret Wars as the resolve of his FF run, but I also might feel compelled to include some of New Avengers as it related to The Bridge and finding out the truth about Doom.
    And that's where it starts getting to be too much to me.....I don't want to start including every side story, etc.....It can get cumbersome and off the beaten path a bit when you start doing that. That said, I'm not opposed to including key issues...I just don't want overkill where I have a ton of Avengers books in an FF bind.

I thought Secret Wars I could see tacking on as it's the last we see of FF and resolves Hickman's FF run, really. There are 3 Spider-Man issues as well, when he joins up, that I thought about including...I think it's 658-660, basically. There are a couple of later Spider-Man issues with Johnny...but those three I mentioned coincide with him joining up, getting the white FF suit, etc.

EDIT: Which issues in particular do you think are relevant from New Avengers, out of curiosity?

EDIT 2: You mentioned the Bridge...the Bridge is introduced in FF Dark Reign, which would kick off my bind.
    Last edited by bobellis75; 09-25-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any pics of your bound books? I always like to see other's books.
    I've never really posted any pics before because my binds are pretty simple compared to others , you know black buckram leather, gold lettering on the spine. But , I'll see what I can come up with heh heh.

@ BobEllis75: I guess the question you gotta ask your self is do you want just a simple FF by Hickman set with Secret Wars as the conclusion ? Then keep it simple with the FF issues and the main secret wars series. But if you're also doing Avengers and and secret wars , that's a whole other question with way too much to add and takes aways from your FF bind. Heck , I've seen people bind the secret wars mini with all the tie -ins and it takes up a good 5 books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    @ BobEllis75: I guess the question you gotta ask your self is do you want just a simple FF by Hickman set with Secret Wars as the conclusion ? Then keep it simple with the FF issues and the main secret wars series. But if you're also doing Avengers and and secret wars , that's a whole other question with way too much to add and takes aways from your FF bind. Heck , I've seen people bind the secret wars mini with all the tie -ins and it takes up a good 5 books.
    I don't currently have plans to do Avengers (I am going to bind the Roger Stern era...but that's another story).

Anyway - I have the entire FF run in single issues, and was just thinking, I should flesh it out with the Secret Wars ending. Since I'm not planning to do Avengers, I don't mind adding some stray issues here and there that might make sense (Like I said, I'm going to add the Spider-Man issues that are key to him joining the FF)