Page 43 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    I've never really posted any pics before because my binds are pretty simple compared to others , you know black buckram leather, gold lettering on the spine. But , I'll see what I can come up with heh heh.
    Mine are pretty simple too. I eventually want to either make some dust jackets myself or pay someone else to do them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I don't currently have plans to do Avengers (I am going to bind the Roger Stern era...but that's another story).

Anyway - I have the entire FF run in single issues, and was just thinking, I should flesh it out with the Secret Wars ending. Since I'm not planning to do Avengers, I don't mind adding some stray issues here and there that might make sense (Like I said, I'm going to add the Spider-Man issues that are key to him joining the FF)
    If you're going to get Hickman's FF run bound, you definitely should include the SW series. I would also add several key issues from his Avengers runs as well where Reed and the family get to the point of how SW comes about.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    If you're going to get Hickman's FF run bound, you definitely should include the SW series. I would also add several key issues from his Avengers runs as well where Reed and the family get to the point of how SW comes about.
    Ok...so I think I will definitely include SW....

My question to you guys, as I honestly am less familiar with the Avengers run vs. the FF run....do you guys have specific issues you think are key in that regard? I'm all for fleshing out the story and binding makes that possible....

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Ok...so I think I will definitely include SW....

My question to you guys, as I honestly am less familiar with the Avengers run vs. the FF run....do you guys have specific issues you think are key in that regard? I'm all for fleshing out the story and binding makes that possible....
    That's a difficult question. I haven't read Hickman 's FF run but his Avengers run is one big story , with both Avengers & New Avengers building on each other and crossing over with infinity and then leading to Secret Wars, which for me felt like a conclusion to his run. I guess for your purposes, I should say Reed is a main character in New Avengers which focuses on the illuminati. I haven't bound the run yet as to be honest I haven't quite determined what I'm going to do with secret wars, like whether or not I'm going to bind the tie-in or not. Currently, I have the main series as a part of volume 4 in my map.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    That's a difficult question. I haven't read Hickman 's FF run but his Avengers run is one big story , with both Avengers & New Avengers building on each other and crossing over with infinity and then leading to Secret Wars, which for me felt like a conclusion to his run. I guess for your purposes, I should say Reed is a main character in New Avengers which focuses on the illuminati. I haven't bound the run yet as to be honest I haven't quite determined what I'm going to do with secret wars, like whether or not I'm going to bind the tie-in or not. Currently, I have the main series as a part of volume 4 in my map.
    Yeah I've read Avengers run...but I have read the FF more than once and am more familiar with it.

I know Reed is in the Illuminati in New Avengers, I'm just curious as my thoughts of adding SW to the end of the FF run prompted the thought I might want to add some of the Avengers stuff.

I know there is a trade called Prelude to Secret Wars or something like that, and includes the first three issues of New Avengers. Maybe just adding the first 3 to 6 issues of New Avengers to the beginning of the FF run would flesh it out enough with describing Reed's involvement.

So have like New Avengers and the FF Dark Reign series lead into the Fantastic Four and FF run, which then ends with Secret Wars (and wraps up Hickman's entire run, but especially wraps the FF up, and is the last time we have properly seen the entire family in the Marvel U)

EDIT: The prelude trade I mentioned features New Avengers 1-3, Secret Wars (the 1984 version) 10-12, FF 611, Ultimate Spidey (2011 relaunch) #1, and Ultimates #4

I don't need all that.....as my bind is FF centric, of course...but New Avengers 1-3 might be enough (the first New Avengers trade, which I have, features issues 1-6, which would expand on that a bit).
    Last edited by bobellis75; 09-29-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Yeah I've read Avengers run...but I have read the FF more than once and am more familiar with it.

I know Reed is in the Illuminati in New Avengers, I'm just curious as my thoughts of adding SW to the end of the FF run prompted the thought I might want to add some of the Avengers stuff.

I know there is a trade called Prelude to Secret Wars or something like that, and includes the first three issues of New Avengers. Maybe just adding the first 3 to 6 issues of New Avengers to the beginning of the FF run would flesh it out enough with describing Reed's involvement.

So have like New Avengers and the FF Dark Reign series lead into the Fantastic Four and FF run, which then ends with Secret Wars (and wraps up Hickman's entire run, but especially wraps the FF up, and is the last time we have properly seen the entire family in the Marvel U)

EDIT: The prelude trade I mentioned features New Avengers 1-3, Secret Wars (the 1984 version) 10-12, FF 611, Ultimate Spidey (2011 relaunch) #1, and Ultimates #4

I don't need all that.....as my bind is FF centric, of course...but New Avengers 1-3 might be enough (the first New Avengers trade, which I have, features issues 1-6, which would expand on that a bit).
    Yeah , you're absolutely right , that prelude trade isn't needed. I think you would be OK including those issues or maybe if you like a recap page summarizing the events of Hickman's Avengers. It's way you keep your bind FF centric.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I'm going to bind Carey's run of Hellblazer once the last of his run is collected in January. I'm also getting the All His Engines tpb. Where should that be included in the run?

Also, I realize that Carey came back for a few more issues about a year later but I'll probably just collect them in the next volume I bind.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I think I'm also gonna do a two-volume Death and Return of Superman bind ending with Fall of Metropolis. At first, I wanted a one volume, but realized my KFall bind is 3 volumes, so why not Death/Return Superman as 2? Plus, I can sneak in more material more comfortably. Since DC doesn't seem eager to collect Battle/Fall of Metropolis, I will just stop waiting. Just like Prodigal and etc are by some (like me) considered part of KFall, I will kinda use Battle/Fall of Metropolis as a nice Lex-filled coda of sorts for Death/Return of Superman.

Also zeroing in on a completed map of a deliberately not complete abridged gap-filled Hal Jordan pre-Johns collection using existing trades of 80s/90s GL focusing on Hal (but also Corps backups) and his fall and the beginning of Kyle's term. Kind of a Misc Hal collection, probably two volumes. Will very much go by what I like rather than trying to be comprehensive, so like no Hal Spectre stuff really and etc will be included. I kinda view that stuff like Punisher's time as a heavenly hitman (which Ennis quickly hand waived and explained away with disdain). This is mostly an excuse to collect GL #170ish to GLC #224 and then Emerald Twilight and some annuals and things in between and a Legends of the DC Universe two-parter and the first GLC battle with Nekron, etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-05-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

back at this a bit after some time away....working on All Star Superman cover again....keep in mind I have to make these low res, so the colors, etc,
    don't always come across like they will in print.

ALL STAR SUPERMAN COVER4 low res.jpg

working on All Star Superman cover again..
    I like the fonts you use for the text.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I like the fonts you use for the text.
    For the "ALL STAR SUPERMAN" title stuff, or all the text in general??

I liked the title font...it's got kind of a retro/classic comic book feel. And I think AS Supes is a throwback type story.

For the "ALL STAR SUPERMAN" title stuff, or all the text in general??
    The front titling and credits was what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The front titling and credits was what I meant.
    The title is a font called DayPosterBlack (it was a free one) and the creator names is Bebas Neue - also free. I also used that second font as for the back cover text.

any thoughts on the back cover image?

any thoughts on the back cover image?
    I like the base image just fine, but I'm more traditional as far as back covers and their text. I'll either just use an image of an existing back cover or generate one that looks like a DC/Marvel one with a brief summary and all. So I'm either lazy or traditional with back covers. You're trying something more new and creative.