Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I like the base image just fine, but I'm more traditional as far as back covers and their text. I'll either just use an image of an existing back cover or generate one that looks like a DC/Marvel one with a brief summary and all. So I'm either lazy or traditional with back covers. You're trying something more new and creative.
    I just wasn't sure if it was too much...just a bold image - very bright. But fits in with the quote on the back.

I'm sometimes more traditional as well....with a synopsis, etc. I did more traditional stuff on back covers for my Batman set.

Here is another option....

ALL STAR SUPERMAN COVER5 low res.jpg

last one...here is the original back cover image, but with the changed up fonts, etc, still incorporated.

ALL STAR SUPERMAN COVER6 low res.jpg

Here's an idea.....

What if I bound The Killing Joke and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow in a single volume as some kind of "Alan Moore - World's Finest" type of bind.....

Just a thought.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    What if I bound The Killing Joke and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow in a single volume as some kind of "Alan Moore - World's Finest" type of bind.....
    Could work, but I tend not to do those type of collections, at least for now (I guess my Morrison Supes bind is akin to that, but not really intended in my head to be like that). Eventually, TKJ will be in a Post-Crisis Batman volume. Though I am considering putting Whatever Happened as the first story in my MOS Byrne bind, but only because I figure I may not ever do many Bronze Age Superman binds, or at least not do them anytime soon given my backlog of priority binds and Bronze Age Batman that I plan to bind back to like 1968.

For the Man Who Has Everything (my fave Moore Supes story) is actually in my 1980-86 Batman volumes, so it's kinda a Batman story now lol in bind land. I included select notable Batman appearances (or villain appearances) like that story and certain WFinest and B&B stories and DC Pres and etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Could work, but I tend not to do those type of collections, at least for now (I guess my Morrison Supes bind is akin to that, but not really intended in my head to be like that). Eventually, TKJ will be in a Post-Crisis Batman volume. Though I am considering putting Whatever Happened as the first story in my MOS Byrne bind, but only because I figure I may not ever do many Bronze Age Superman binds, or at least not do them anytime soon given my backlog of priority binds and Bronze Age Batman that I plan to bind back to like 1968.

For the Man Who Has Everything (my fave Moore Supes story) is actually in my 1980-86 Batman volumes, so it's kinda a Batman story now lol in bind land. I included select Batman appearances like that story and certain WFinest and B&B stories and DC Pres and etc.
    I’m not sure I’d do that but just popped Into my head

I really do need to do a Loeb (and Kelly) Superman run bind.

Superman: President Luthor (New Edition, Feb 2018) needs to be a springboard towards that.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Received my McFarlane Amazing & Roger Stern Spider-Man Custom DJs the other day.

I don't understand why these weren't chosen, given they're more iconic, but opinions and the like....

I'm so happy with these, I'm debating to get another DJ for my Larsen Spider-Man, Amazing 346 being the cover. IMG_2524[1].jpg IMG_2521[1].jpgIMG_2525[1].jpg
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Received my McFarlane Amazing & Roger Stern Spider-Man Custom DJs the other day.

I don't understand why these weren't chosen, given they're more iconic, but opinions and the like....

I'm so happy with these, I'm debating to get another DJ for my Larsen Spider-Man, Amazing 346 being the cover. IMG_2524[1].jpg IMG_2521[1].jpgIMG_2525[1].jpg
    Those look fantastic! Can I ask who made those for you and how much they cost?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

if this doomsday clock thing doesn't suck...might be interesting to bind the original Watchmen series with Rebirth #1, The Button crossover, and Doomsday Clock series.....

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    if this doomsday clock thing doesn't suck...might be interesting to bind the original Watchmen series with Rebirth #1, The Button crossover, and Doomsday Clock series.....
    what about "Before Watchmen"?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    what about "Before Watchmen"?
    Maybe. But some of that wasn’t so great. Not sure I’d want to include it since I didn’t love it. That’s why i said “if” doomsday clock is good. If it’s not, I’d definitely pass on the idea.

My covers for my Ennis Demon/Hitman binds & my Delano/Ennis Hellblazer binds (sorry, only these small pics available):
    Zstop3m.jpg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-19-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Those look fantastic! Can I ask who made those for you and how much they cost?
    Houchen Bindery printed them - from my buddy's files.

$15/DJ then $10 to ship.

I got both for $40 all in all.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

From some pages ago:

My Demon/Hitman map, which takes a more hardline publication order view (frankly I think DC made mistakes in their order, even though their wrong order is harmless) using Mike's Amazing Comics site for publication order info:
    Demon volume:
    The Demon (1990 3rd Series) #40
    The Demon Annual #2
    The Demon #41 - 58

Hitman Vol 1:
    Batman Chronicles #4
    Hitman #1 - 14
    Pages from JLA #5
    Hitman #15 - 20
    Hitman Annual #1
    Azrael #35
    Hitman #21 - 22
    Resurrection Man #9 - 10
    Hitman #23 - 28

Hitman Vol 2:
    Hitman #29 - 33
    Hitman #1,000,000
    Hitman #34
    Superman 80-Page Giant #1
    Hitman #35 - 50
    Hitman / Lobo: That Stupid Bastich #1
    Hitman #51 - 60
    JLA / Hitman #1 - 2

Left out the Section 8 stuff because not the biggest fan & lack of space (wanted only 3 vols max, I push limits on thickness).

So...finally getting ready to do this. Quick question: Wasn't there a Hitman appearance in Sovereign Seven? I recall hearing there was but that it wasn't very good.