Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That looks very cool. Was it complicated getting a 4 omni set organised?
    Not really...time consuming, but not too complicated.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Dialcforcustom is? Just do graphic design?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Dialcforcustom is? Just do graphic design?
    Oh well I started doing binding designs "for hire"....so I was batting around names with a buddy and I threw that out there as a play on Dial H. Dial C for Custom....

The Avengers stuff, I have to say...it came out beautifully. I don't have the patience right now to post more photos (so tedious) but I added a lot of extras between the 4 books.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Ah, I see. You do good work. I like your page there. And you can show off your binds and work.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Ah, I see. You do good work. I like your page there. And you can show off your binds and work.
    Thanks man...just a simple little photo blog more than anything. if I ever really get busy maybe I'll do something a bit more fancy. I have some steady work, though, so it's fun and a little extra spending money is never a bad thing.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

BobEllis75, those books are gorgeous! Somebody's gonna really enjoy his next re-read ! Congrats!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    BobEllis75, those books are gorgeous! Somebody's gonna really enjoy his next re-read ! Congrats!
    Thanks man. I have been flipping thru them a bit but need to give 'em a proper read thru soon.

They are really good looking books. The Table of contents is so well done.
    Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:08 PM.

I am planning to collect a whole load of James Bond comics and also Negation, eventually. How have you guys dealt with the copyright aspect for covers? I assume that I can't stick pictures on it since it is being printed... I'm not even sure where I stand with logos really.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

So anyone do a "pan and scan" book yet? (scanning giant sized books or mini comics on printed paper and getting them bound)

I would love to do some of my superpower and starriors mini comics but other then a cover or two I never did this. Plus it has to be the right size and I don't know what paper to use so never did it. You can pay them to make it for you (like I did for the bonus covers) but it adds up in price per page. Plus you have to scan your mini comics just right. Anyone do any of these books? Do they still do them or did they drop that service?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So anyone do a "pan and scan" book yet? (scanning giant sized books or mini comics on printed paper and getting them bound)

I would love to do some of my superpower and starriors mini comics but other then a cover or two I never did this. Plus it has to be the right size and I don't know what paper to use so never did it. You can pay them to make it for you (like I did for the bonus covers) but it adds up in price per page. Plus you have to scan your mini comics just right. Anyone do any of these books? Do they still do them or did they drop that service?
    Who is the “them” and “they” you’re referring to (as it sounds like you’re asking if anyone has done this with a specific bindery)?

I’ve never done an entire book like that, but done certain issues or stories along with regular comics. The most I’ve done was taking the Question and Batwoman sections of 52 and including them in set for those two characters, but that didn’t involve resizing, just printing a lot of pages.

But yeah, having to pay per page keeps it from being very cost effective. But any bindery should be able to do the binding if you provide the resized printed pages; if you need a bindery to do all the scanning, resizing, and printing, I cannot imagine the cost involved unless you had a bindery that didn’t know the manhours involved and really underpriced the service.

Ah, awesome, thanks!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Who is the “them” and “they” you’re referring to (as it sounds like you’re asking if anyone has done this with a specific bindery)?
    I know they have. People have shown off their books done with this. (like the marvel black and whites and uk comics) But yeah the high cost stops me from making a starriors or superpowers bind. Shame.