Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

So I’m looking to sell a bunch of my binds:

Legends of the Dark Night (five volumes, minus some arcs I had in trade and big crossovers)

GCPD - collects GCPD, #1-4, Gordon of Gotham #1-4, Gordon’s Law #1-4, and Bullock’s Law

Batman Year One Annuals - collects Catwoman Annual #2, Shadow of the Bat Annual #3, Detective Annual #8, Batman Annual #14 and #19, Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #5, Robin Annual #4

Wonder Woman by Perez (two volumes, including Action 600)

Wonder Woman by Messner/Loebs (two volumes)

JLA by James Robinson

Anyone interested can PM me. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 03-13-2018 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Removed Books spoken for

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    So I’m looking to sell a bunch of my binds
    Are you getting out of the hobby Grayson? You struck me as one of the most knowledgeable enthusiast on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Are you getting out of the hobby Grayson? You struck me as one of the most knowledgeable enthusiast on the thread.
    I moved to Japan last year, so that effectively got me out of the hobby since I no longer have the space for binds, the easy access to floppies, or the ability to send to a bindery, unfortunately. I went digital! I brought some to Japan, but this batch listed above has been languishing in the States so they need to go to new forever homes that will use them. I still do some design for folks if they need it though.

That's a shame. Loved your collection videos on youtube. Do you read any manga? There are some great ones and it's cheap at used bookstores in japan. (there are American comic shops there also.)

Hope you enjoy your stay in japan.

There's this place also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That's a shame. Loved your collection videos on youtube. Do you read any manga? There are some great ones and it's cheap at used bookstores in japan. (there are American comic shops there also.)

Hope you enjoy your stay in japan.
    Thank you sir! I’m not particularly into manga (though it is literally everywhere!), but haven’t gotten around to finding an American comic shop. Will look up that one in Tokyo, as I live very close to downtown. I always feel guilty when I have comic friends into manga that find out I’m not into it, since I live somewhere with such easy access and can’t really appreciate it Once I know more kanji and my Japanese is better, maybe I’ll dive in.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Bot sure if this is the correct thread to post, but how would i go about fixing this binding problem? IMG_1744.jpg it goes like that all the way through the peep hole to both ends.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Bot sure if this is the correct thread to post, but how would i go about fixing this binding problem? IMG_1744.jpg it goes like that all the way through the peep hole to both ends.
    Use Book Binders (PVA) Glue and a thin paint brush to get it all the way down the spine. I have done several repairs similar to this and even a couple on some glued binding OHC's and all have come out as good as new (probably better since they were failing.) Use the steps here http://community.comicbookresources....Marvel-Omnibus and you should be good. The first one I did I was a little nervous but after that it was no worries.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I have been cranking out some covers for future binding projects...here's two volumes of THE LOSERS (complete run)

LOSERS VOL1 V2.jpgLOSERS VOL2 LOW RES.jpg

I have a new Darkseid War cover and one for Unknown Soldier (Dysart's Vertigo run) as well...can't seem to get the dang things to upload even though saving them super low res....so if you don't mind following a link...you can see some recent stuff here:

https://dialcforcustom.tumblr.com/

The Unknown Soldier is posted with the Losers books (Vertigo themed post) and the Darkseid is the most recent at the top of the feed....

Anyway - just wanted to share - feedback is always appreciated!

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Use Book Binders (PVA) Glue and a thin paint brush to get it all the way down the spine. I have done several repairs similar to this and even a couple on some glued binding OHC's and all have come out as good as new (probably better since they were failing.) Use the steps here http://community.comicbookresources....Marvel-Omnibus and you should be good. The first one I did I was a little nervous but after that it was no worries.
    thanks alot!

I particularly like the Unknown Soldier cover and the Boom text effect.

Random question, but can I ask you how much of a distance you leave between the inner edge and text on back/front covers?

I'm finished my own covers, but I've upped my order to 6 binds and I don't want to get text on the hinge fold and mess up 6 books.

I particularly like the Unknown Soldier cover and the Boom text effect.

Random question, but can I ask you how much of a distance you leave between the inner edge and text on back/front covers?

I'm finished my own covers, but I've upped my order to 6 binds and I don't want to get text on the hinge fold and mess up 6 books.
    Who are you binding with? Houchen? They should send you dimensions and then you can resize to be sure you’re on the mark. But to really avoid the hinge...I guess maybe half inch (probably more than needed). But if you center your text up for the most part it should not be much of an issue.

Looking T my avengers books I just got back - front cover title stuff is close to an inch from spine and the back text is similarly spaced. I would give a half inch for sure now that I’m really looking at it.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Cool, thank you. I'll make sure it's at least 1/2" space.

I'm using Hollingworth & Moss for the binds. Their in the UK and they got hit with a blizzard so they are probably pretty backlogged, I haven't got any info back from them yet.
    I’m sure they work similarly. If you’re providing covers they will have to give you some final dimensions and then you can insure you have everything moved into place. I definitely wouldn’t want text to spill into the hinge so my advice is better safe than sorry - give yourself plenty of room. Would love to see the books when they get done. What are you having bound?