Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Yeah I'd really like no major mistakes on these, I'm not used to photoshop so it's been a learning experience.

I'm getting a 2 vol. Snyder/Capullo bind, a Jeph Loeb Batman bind, a Morrison B&R + Incorporated bind, an "essentials" bind with some "best of's" like The Dark Knight Returns and to not go Batman mad I'm also getting a Saga of the Swamp Thing bind.

Simple things tripped me up like leaving blead margins and the default ppi being only 75, instead of a solid 200+, so I had to redo everything. I should probably make an album and ask for feedback but I practically spammed the tread for a week doing that already.
    It's cool man, feel free to post the new ones as well, you weren't spamming that much

Yeah I'd really like no major mistakes on these, I'm not used to photoshop so it's been a learning experience.

I'm getting a 2 vol. Snyder/Capullo bind, a Jeph Loeb Batman bind, a Morrison B&R + Incorporated bind, an "essentials" bind with some "best of's" like The Dark Knight Returns and to not go Batman mad I'm also getting a Saga of the Swamp Thing bind.

Simple things tripped me up like leaving blead margins and the default ppi being only 75, instead of a solid 200+, so I had to redo everything. I should probably make an album and ask for feedback but I practically spammed the tread for a week doing that already.
    I think we all like to see what people are working on give/get feedback...don't sweat it...it keeps the thread going.

oops sorry I forgot to add the Morrison cover. https://i.imgur.com/9ezNE0G.jpg

And these are the creators credit pages -> https://imgur.com/a/rbtk2

I don't really know how to make them yet so they still need a lot of work and it's probably where I need the most feedback.
    I'm still finishing the table of contents pages after seeing how much better everyone else's were, so I don't have them in a place worth posting yet.
    Those are looking nice! The biggest overall tip I can provide is to make sure you don’t have text too close to the edge on your TOCs or your covers. Leave about an inch to be safe. The Swamp Thing and Loeb/Sale covers, for example, I’d be worried the text is too close. And the back of the Essentials, same thing. Better to leave yourself plenty of wiggle room as the sizing and trimming is not an exact science.

That Morrison cover is pretty trippy man! Looks like you put some work in on that one!

I really like these!
    I only got 2 observations: maybe on the credit pages you could make the illustrations a bit more faded like on the last one, the Batman Essentials? Also I think on the first one the text is too spread out.
    The other thing is, and this might just be me, that on the Snyder omnibus spines the volume 1 and volume 2 text is a different size than the text right next to it in the same line. That kinda caught my eye.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

oops sorry I forgot to add the Morrison cover. https://i.imgur.com/9ezNE0G.jpg

And these are the creators credit pages -> https://imgur.com/a/rbtk2

I don't really know how to make them yet so they still need a lot of work and it's probably where I need the most feedback.
    I'm still finishing the table of contents pages after seeing how much better everyone else's were, so I don't have them in a place worth posting yet.
    Those are sweet Joe!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I've never actually posted to this forum before but I've been reading it for about a year or so since I got into binding and figured maybe I'd say hello and join the party... I normally post over on the Uncollected Editions board and not sure how many folks here are also over there so you may have already seen these.. anyway... here's an anthology bind I did of a few Vertigo/Helix titles that I did through Houchen... and if you haven't already been there, you can see the rest of the book and some more of my binds over at HARDCOVER HEROES... I have an order in right now so hope to have a new batch of books to share in a few weeks

Last edited by Thwizzit; 03-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.

I can definitely fade out the pictures to make the text clearer and your right about distance, I was using a saved template to keep everything tidy but it made that a bit oddly spaced.

The Snyder spines originally had omnibus/volume text that was the same size but it looked pretty bad, that was only compromise I could think of.
    I really like the credit pages but I think on the Loeb/Sale/Lee one the text needs to be aligned a bit more. The words "writers" and "artists" are not aligned with the creator names and the 3 creator names on top are a bit further in as well.

As for the Snyder spine I would like to see how it looks if the words "omnibus" and "volume 1" are the same size and they are in line with the 2 lines above them.