Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I really like the custom end sheets on your binds and how elaborate the spines and little touches are. Everybody on here makes me a bit jealous of their editing ability.
    Thanks, unfortunately the custom end sheets was one of my favorite things about making custom binds but Houchen has discontinued that service.. very disappointing for me

HARDCOVER HEROES!
    "Gallery of Comic Binds"
    Last edited by Thwizzit; 03-06-2018 at 11:08 PM.

I really like the custom end sheets on your binds and how elaborate the spines and little touches are. Everybody on here makes me a bit jealous of their editing ability.

and Balakin, I'll tidy up the text, however the job titles were indented to set them apart from the names, but I 'll see what they look like without the indent. Also I' ll post an image of the spine with equal sized text, I just have to re-edit the spine first.

edit: this is what the spine looks like with equal text, I think the volume text stands out too much but IDK how you feel https://i.imgur.com/FamNLmX.png
    I like the equal text on the spine now but I would like to read others' opinion on it too.
    Also I've just checked the ToC pages and I really like those. See how you put the book title (for example: Saga of the ST book 6) and the "featuring" line underneath a bit misaligned but it still looks tidy because it's consistent throughout the page. I think something similar would work on the Loeb/Sale/Lee credits page.
    although on the second image there is something weird going on with the 000s and that +376

I aligned the credits text like you mentioned and it does look better now.

I was waiting for feedback before fixing the numbers on the ToC, so the +376 is just a reminder to add it later.
    ah okay gotcha!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Besides Punisher, I don't think I've bound any Marvel yet. Well, that is about to change as I will bind some Thanos trades together. Thanos's early stories thru Infinity Gauntlet.

I'm pretty excited, I have a good map for it so far. Still some stuff up in the air.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I noticed a crazy huge 12 volume IG box set coming out in a couple of weeks. Will your bind be covering all that material?
    Absolutely not and thank god! My head would explode. No, mine ends at IG...no sequels like Infinity War, no Infinity Crusade (which are in this box set you mention). I really didn't care for some Thanos stories post-IG. He went in a weird direction for a bit.

For my one vol Thanos...it will have a lot of Starlin Silver Surfer lead up to IG and then just IG with no tie ins. I have the IG Omnibus if I want to read extra tie-ins.

IG is like what Scott Snyder aims for...you really don't need to read the tie-ins and some say it is best read without them.

My one vol is mostly a Starlin-narrowly-focused early Thanos thru IG volume. Gonna be a little more chronological than the existing trades present things, a little more comprehensive.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-07-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Something I'm playing with...would be a really small volume but it was a fun little run.... (I don't think this low res version is showing up very well....at least not my work desktop).

FURY V1 Low Res.jpg
    Last edited by bobellis75; 03-07-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

and Balakin, I'll tidy up the text, however the job titles were indented to set them apart from the names, but I 'll see what they look like without the indent. Also I' ll post an image of the spine with equal sized text, I just have to re-edit the spine first.

edit: this is what the spine looks like with equal text, I think the volume text stands out too much but IDK how you feel https://i.imgur.com/FamNLmX.png
    I kind of like that spine. At first I thought the image of Joker was out of place, but the more I stared at it, the more I liked it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Are you inspired to collect Thanos with the movie coming out or do you have an affinity for the character/writer? I imagine out of most of the Marvel U, that Thanos is a hot topic right now.
    It's mostly a long prior affinity for Thanos, the movie mostly just reminded me to do this now (and use the trades that have come out in conjunction). I'm not the biggest Marvel type, but Doom, Thanos, and Magneto are among my most favorite comic book characters....right up there with Batman, Superman, Joker, Captain Marvel, Lex, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc...the topmost level.

It will be a book I can hand to friends or anyone and say: "This is Thanos, the core of him all in one book here."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-08-2018 at 01:57 PM.

received pics from bindery today. This was a very long time project(mostly because front and back covers were drawn specially for this thing by three different artist.
    nEBLJKqPFXI.jpg)
    wcvvia0EWkU.jpg
    AlC7ic5ebzQ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    This was a very long time project(mostly because front and back covers were drawn specially for this thing by three different artist.
    That's cool, custom art? What made you want to go the extra mile for that?

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    received pics from bindery today. This was a very long time project(mostly because front and back covers were drawn specially for this thing by three different artist.
    nEBLJKqPFXI.jpg)
    wcvvia0EWkU.jpg
    AlC7ic5ebzQ.jpg

Nice! Congrats! Looks like you put a lot.of.work in to.to . that!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8