Page 58 of 86 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Always nice to see someone bind Rom...
    Thanks, it was a lot of fun to do :-)

I'm not sure if it was obvious in my initial post that the words "Rom has Come!!" was a link to see the rest of the book on my gallery website.. I did a lot of extras and didn't want to upload all thirty or so images in a single post.. So... if it wasn't obvious that there was more to look at... you can see a lot more pictures of the ROMnibus on my site at HARDCOVER HEROES

I also just uploaded images from another recent bind that was fun to do titled SKETCHBOOK.. which I bound about 25 of my favorite Sketchbook-type comics like the Earth X sketchbook and the Marvel Rough Cuts and those old WIZARD magazine preview sketchbook comics, basically anything that wasn't inked..

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thwizzit View Post
    ROM HAS COME!!!

HARDCOVER HEROES
    "Gallery of Comic Binds"
    WOW! That is awesome! This is a series I've always wanted, but never got around to getting. Maybe someday the series will get reprinted or I'll just get the floppies and bind them. I love how you spread the spin image over all three volumes. So cool!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

WOW! That is awesome!

Final update from the last batch of books.. added images to my HUMOR COLLECTION

WORST-Cover-small.jpg

Can I ask where you got your books bound and how much it cost to get the image on the covers and spines?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I get mine done at Houchen Bindery, all the info is on this page :-)

Houchen Comic Book Binding

Last edited by Thwizzit; 03-16-2018 at 06:07 PM.

The Whovian
    About 100$ for images(from folks i call my friends, ha) Binding was done by small and not so while ago opened firm from Russia.
    Here is their site, but it's not opened yet http://hardcovers.ru/
    and few pictures of recent books
    2IbOF8Dzg3U.jpg
    VJnKmrsI77E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    The Whovian
    About 100$ for images(from folks i call my friends, ha) Binding was done by small and not so while ago opened firm from Russia.
    Here is their site, but it's not opened yet http://hardcovers.ru/
    and few pictures of recent books
    2IbOF8Dzg3U.jpg
    VJnKmrsI77E.jpg
    Oh, sweet books! Thanks

I get mine done at Houchen Bindery, all the info is on this page :-)

Houchen Comic Book Binding
    Thanks. So it looks like about $55 for each book then. Does that sound right? That's a pretty fair price.

The base price is about $25 and if you add things like a ribbon bookmark ($2), head and tail bands ($4), black end paper ($2), oversewn binding ($7) etc. each extra adds a few dollars to a bind but you don't have to do those things.. I feel like the biggest expense is the Shipping.. Depending on how you send it the shipping could total $50 round-trip, so if you have 7 Volumes done that's another $7 per book so I suppose it does end up around $50 each not including the cost/price/value of the books.. it's definitely not a cheap or cost effective hobby but it sure is fun :-)

Last edited by Thwizzit; 03-16-2018 at 06:07 PM.

The base price is about $25 and if you add things like a ribbon bookmark ($2), head and tail bands ($4), black end paper ($2), oversewn binding ($7) etc. each extra adds a few dollars to a bind but you don't have to do those things.. I feel like the biggest expense is the Shipping.. Depending on how you send it the shipping could total $50 round-trip, so if you have 7 Volumes done that's another $7 per book so I suppose it does end up around $50 each not including the cost/price/value of the books.. it's definitely not a cheap or cost effective hobby but it sure is fun :-)
    Yeah, it's not cheap, but it is fun and they look gorgeous on the shelf. I also have a bunch of sets in floppies that I need to bind and I never bought the omnis of the series because I'm a completest. For example, I have the whole run of DD v2 that I'm going to get bound and skipped on the omnis because they didn't include every issue.

I also have sets like the Exiles that have never been reprinted in OHC or omnis, so I have to get them bound.

We're selling our house this summer, so I won't get anything done until we move into our new house (hopefully, we find the perfect house), and then I hope to use a portion of our equity to get everything bound. I'm going to see if Kirk can help me with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

I'm going to see if Kirk can help me with it all.
    Ready when you are!

And while I don't think I can compete with the above ROM binds, here are some dust jackets I made, two different spine designs:

The actual files are CMYK, these JPGs are RBG so look a bit faded, but you get the idea!

What’s the map for Rom? Is it essentially the series and some annuals? Also, it’s only been released in floppies right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Ready when you are!
    It will probably be late summer before I can start doing it. BTW, those Rom images are amazing! If I ever get the set bound, I know who to talk to about the images