Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    You'll have to forgive the quality of the pics, I have a pretty bad camera and it's a cloudy day... but anyway

Back Covers

Spines

Example of Credits Page + ToC's Page

I'm very impressed with the bind and how well it spine opens. Very little gutter was eaten in the process.
    OH wow. ..those are gorgeous! Congrats and enjoy re-reading them again and again!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

You'll have to forgive the quality of the pics, I have a pretty bad camera and it's a cloudy day... but anyway

Back Covers

Spines

Example of Credits Page + ToC's Page

I'm very impressed with the bind and how well it spine opens. Very little gutter was eaten in the process.
    Woowee!! Those are sweet!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thank you. I should be getting the second half of the order back next week or just after. That's 2 more Batman binds and 1 Alan Moore. I'm told the Swamp Thing Omnibus is huge and wouldn't fit in the PUR binding machine, so it's going to be oversewn. I don't know how that affects readability or presentation though.

Something I'm working on right now for a friend. Liking the way it's coming along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Something I'm working on right now for a friend. Liking the way it's coming along.
    Bob it's very clean & vibrant, which I like. Related to that, this might be a silly question, but how do you decide how bright or colourful to go with your designs?

I noticed there seems to be a drop off in brightness in the printed graphic covers. Do you plan your design brighter or more vibrant than what you expect to get back?

Bob it's very clean & vibrant, which I like. Related to that, this might be a silly question, but how do you decide how bright or colourful to go with your designs?

I noticed there seems to be a drop off in brightness in the printed graphic covers. Do you plan your design brighter or more vibrant than what you expect to get back?
    I just design it based on what I see in photoshop. I have had good luck with Houchen and getting things back as expected. So no I just design it and hope I get that back in the finished product.

This one is bright as I sampled the blue and yellow off an image of the original wolverine costume for that color scheme.

I got the remaining three binds back today. I particularly like the ST bind and the spines... but anyway.

Front Covers

Back Covers

Spine + a ToC's e.g.

You'll have to forgive the quality, my phone camera is pretty bad.

they look really good! It was well worth all the work you've put into it!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I got the remaining three binds back today. I particularly like the ST bind and the spines... but anyway.

Front Covers

Back Covers

Spine + a ToC's e.g.

They look great!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Front Covers

Back Covers

Spine + a ToC's e.g.

Wow those are stunning ! Congrats and enjoy! Great reading material by the way!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm told the Swamp Thing Omnibus is huge and wouldn't fit in the PUR binding machine, so it's going to be oversewn. I don't know how that affects readability or presentation though.
    Well, what's the verdict on this? Too much gutter loss or not?

Who does your binding?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:58 PM.

All-New Member

Does anybody have experience getting a Half-Bind Cover made? I've always loved how the Absolute Long Halloween cover looks, and I've considered doing something like that with my Knightfall Saga I've been working on.

Also, any suggestions on the best way to produce custom Table of Contents/credit pages? The printer I have don't really cut it, so is there a particular place/service that has a good track record? And what kind of paper is best, taking into account I'll be using floppies and not trades.

One last question, for now. What are your suggestions for covers, especially thicker covers like Batman #500? I'd like to have all the covers in there, unless it makes it an inferior reading experience or causes other issues.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:55 PM.