Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1289
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Great looking books Selby! It's always cool when you get that box back with all of your books in them. It's like Christmas morning.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Those are very nice, it's cool to get a bunch in one go. I really like sewn binding on customs myself, they open so flat. It must have been a long week waiting for them to arrive.

Also, you mentioned this is only your first order. Are you converting your longboxes or specifically buying and binding runs? I do like the faux leather look, I think it would suit Sandman.
    It's a little bit of both. I have some runs sitting in my longboxes that I would like to bind. I have been eyeing eBay for affordable lots as well - that Ex Machina run I got for something silly cheap, around $22, and thought it was a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Selby View Post
    HEAVY LIQUID | 100%
    Pope
    VERTIGO

Map:
    Heavy Liquid 1-5 (1999/0)
    Solo 3 (2005)
    100% 1-5 (2002/3)

Buckram half-bind (brown/orange) with copper lettering. This book: a work of art!!

Attachment 70038 Attachment 70039 Attachment 70040
    I wish DC one day actually make this book. Last year on the DC Omnibus/Absolute pool we had here I voted exactly for this! The stories are too good-looking and clever to be forgotten. Here in Brasil we had a 100% HC, but nothing quite beautiful as your edition! (also, I think Heavy Liquid is a cooler book haha)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I wish DC one day actually make this book. Last year on the DC Omnibus/Absolute pool we had here I voted exactly for this! The stories are too good-looking and clever to be forgotten. Here in Brasil we had a 100% HC, but nothing quite beautiful as your edition! (also, I think Heavy Liquid is a cooler book haha)
    I think one of the coolest parts of custom binds is being able to curate what is included, this can mean excluding issues. For example, I plan on doing a book with the Fraction and Aja issues of Hawkeye, leaving out all the issues done with other illustrators. Through exclusion you actually get a cohesive story arc with great pacing. Some series' need a hard edit!

Quote Originally Posted by Selby View Post
    I think one of the coolest parts of custom binds is being able to curate what is included, this can mean excluding issues. For example, I plan on doing a book with the Fraction and Aja issues of Hawkeye, leaving out all the issues done with other illustrators. Through exclusion you actually get a cohesive story arc with great pacing. Some series' need a hard edit!
    You’re exactly right, though I have to imagine a Marvel or DC collected editions editor reading this and going “F-ing comic book fans. Now they want issues left out? You can’t win!” Personally, I always opt for inclusion - it’s not hard to skip an issue in a book if I don’t want to read it, but it’s definitely hard to magically make that issue appear in the book!

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Im a little late but...Nice Books Selby!!!!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I don't think I ever shared anything once I got my All-Star Superman/One Million combo bind back?

https://dialcforcustom.tumblr.com/po...manone-million

posted some pics up here...first with dust jacket, then without dust jacket (art on cover under the jacket) and then a title page...hope you like it!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    You’re exactly right, though I have to imagine a Marvel or DC collected editions editor reading this and going “F-ing comic book fans. Now they want issues left out? You can’t win!” Personally, I always opt for inclusion - it’s not hard to skip an issue in a book if I don’t want to read it, but it’s definitely hard to magically make that issue appear in the book!

Absolutely agreed!! Persnickety comics fans! Never satisfied. This made me chuckle. Another reason I am loving custom bindings - I don't have to wait for someone else to please me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I don't think I ever shared anything once I got my All-Star Superman/One Million combo bind back?

https://dialcforcustom.tumblr.com/po...manone-million

posted some pics up here...first with dust jacket, then without dust jacket (art on cover under the jacket) and then a title page...hope you like it!
    Dude, that's really good. Again the spine is probably my favourite part. The dust jacket and cover turned out great too, I think the Superman dust jacket cover really looks legit.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Dude, that's really good. Again the spine is probably my favourite part. The dust jacket and cover turned out great too, I think the Superman dust jacket cover really looks legit.
    I really liked the cover/DJ...happy with the results.

I added a lot of stuff to the interiors...articles, art galleries, etc. Labor of love on this one.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

My latest binds are en route to me! (I can't wait!)
    1megamanbassa.jpg
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    1megamanbassa.jpg
    Those look sweet!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    1megamanbassa.jpg
    Gorgeous work !
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Version three of the cover, I think I went overboard with the use of the logo on this one.

Last edited by Netherman14; 10-14-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Version three of the cover, I think I went overboard with the use of the logo on this one.

I'd take the logo off the back cover. Front cover and spine is plenty. Also the DC logo on the spine...have you tried a different color? Maybe sample a shade of gray from the front cover or the yellow from the title logo??