Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

There's a map for the full run of WW Vol. 2 at this great site : http://comicbinding.com/mapping/wonder-woman that im using.
    Last edited by Gotham Thrasher; 07-08-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    There's a map for the full run of WW Vol. 2 at this great site : http://comicbinding.com/mapping/wonder-woman that im using.
    Um, wow. That's what I call thorough! Awesome site, btw. I'll be bookmarking that one.

After seeing this, I think I may have misunderstood krisis' original request. I was thinking of how the various issues of WW v. 2 fit into other crossovers, but maybe he meant how to map the wider DCU crossovers into WW...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Um, wow. That's what I call thorough! Awesome site, btw. I'll be bookmarking that one.

After seeing this, I think I may have misunderstood krisis' original request. I was thinking of how the various issues of WW v. 2 fit into other crossovers, but maybe he meant how to map the wider DCU crossovers into WW...?
    That is in fact the map I used. That site is very helpful, no doubt about it, and Canaryfarmer (the guy who put the map together) always does excellent work.

As for some Messner-Loebs pics:

I also did the Jimenez run, with some bonus content, pics here:
    http://comicbindingpro.com/post/1120...-run-on-wonder

And my Rucka and Simone runs:
    http://comicbindingpro.com/post/1231...ay-two-volumes

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Since you always do cover pages, does that mean your books are never hand-sew, or can they do a single-sheet tip-in on a hand-sew?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

My books are never hand sewn, it's not really necessary for what I bind, plus I like to remove ads/back covers where possible which also prevents the book from being handsewn. I have a bunch of oversewn books and a bunch of DFAB, and I prefer DFAB, they lay flatter than oversewn and are more than sturdy enough. A lot of people are obsessed with having sewn binding because glued binding from the big two is so terrible typically. But DFAB is muchhhhh better than that glue, so I have no worries. And as for gutter loss, it's never been a problem, especially with older comics that already have gutters built in anyway.

That said, some titles, like Batwoman, I would probably go for smythe or handsewn because of the double-page splashes, but most of my stuff doesn't have full bleed, and even when it does, the gutter loss is acceptable for me.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 07-09-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Oh man those Conway/Moench books are killer.
    Miller was right.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics, Dick Grayson! Those are AMAZING!!!

I don't suppose you'd be interested in selling them? It would save me so much time if you were...

This is all brand new to me, so I have a million questions. I'll check out the rest of the thread and the links provided before I blow up your inbox though.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

@SJNeal: yeah that site is great, you'll be surprised by how much you may have of a run that you want to bind or how little lol .
    @ Dick Grayson: Dude those books are friggin beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics, Dick Grayson! Those are AMAZING!!!

I don't suppose you'd be interested in selling them? It would save me so much time if you were...

This is all brand new to me, so I have a million questions. I'll check out the rest of the thread and the links provided before I blow up your inbox though.
    No problem, I love showing them off! While I don't want to sell them, one of my goals with doing comicbindingpro.com is to help new folks get into binding, as well as be a "one-stop shop", so they just have to send me their books, and I handle the rest. So by all means, blow up my inbox

Fantastic Member

That's amazingly beautiful work.

Got my latest batch back from the bindery, it's a doozy! Here's a few pics. First up, Grell's Green Arrow run:

Chuck Dixon's Nightwing in three volumes (you'll quickly see I've REALLY gotten into spreading an image across multiple spines):

Two volumes collecting all of Ostrander's Spectre:

Ostrander's Wasteland:

I also did another Nightwing volume containing everything post-Bruce Jones up through the end of the series (plus I threw in the two Nightwing/Oracle Convergence issues and some other items), all of Andreyko's Manhunter (including the Streets of Gotham backups) in one massive volume, a couple Teen Titans-related books, and a Chuck Dixon Robin volume containing some early stories to match some previous binds of the series I did. It feels like Christmas!