Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1289

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Hope someone can tell me.
    did a quick google search but couldn't find anything. I'm pretty sure it's a custom version of some basic font, Brittanic bold seems to be pretty close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    This is a bit of a niche-within-a-niche sort of question, but hopefully somebody has a mapping.

I will be making a Batman bind later in the year for his non-DC crossovers, like Marvel, IDW, Dark Horse etc. There are so many that I have to split them into two 20 year chuncks. A 1981-2000 bind & 2001-2020 bind.

I can only make the first one this year, so I have a current mapping. Can someone point out any I might have missed? It's tough to find a full list anywhere.

The order goes:

Batman Vs. Hulk (The Monster and the Madman)
    Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgment on Gotham
    Batman Vs. Predator I
    Batman/Houdini
    Batman/Grendel '93 #1-2
    Batman/Judge Dredd: Vendetta in Gotham
    Batman Vs. Predator II
    Batman/Spawn #1-2
    Batman/Punisher #1-2
    Batman/Judge Dredd: Ultimate Riddle
    Spider-Man/Batman
    Batman/Captain America
    Bruce Wayne Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D
    Batman Vs. Captain America
    Batman/Grendel '96 #1-2
    Batman Vs. Aliens I
    Batman/Spider-Man
    Batman/Judge Dredd: Die Laughing
    Daredevil/Batman
    Batman Vs. Predator III
    Batman/Hellboy/Starman #1-2
    Batman/The Darkness
    Batman/Tarzan #1-4
    Batman/Daredevil
    Go to comic book database and look up Batman by appearances...that should do the the trick, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what font the silver age marvel omnibus’ use on the spine ?
    Find an image with that font. Then google "Font matching". You should be able to drag the image into the font matcher and it will do it's best to get you close....

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:48 PM.

All-New Member

So, I just got my invoice from Houchen Bindery for my three books, and the shipping is $253! Is this normal? Anytime I’ve seen someone talk about the cost of their binds, it’s always reasonable. Today I saw somebody say they had 8 books done for $200. It seems to me if shipping is as exorbitant as mine was quoted as being more people would actually mention it. I feel like there was a decimal error or something.

If you’ve used Houchen recently, was your shipping this high?

Quote Originally Posted by McScroggz View Post
    So, I just got my invoice from Houchen Bindery for my three books, and the shipping is $253! Is this normal? Anytime I’ve seen someone talk about the cost of their binds, it’s always reasonable. Today I saw somebody say they had 8 books done for $200. It seems to me if shipping is as exorbitant as mine was quoted as being more people would actually mention it. I feel like there was a decimal error or something.

If you’ve used Houchen recently, was your shipping this high?
    Oh wow...I'm just about to send an order to them for the first at the end of this month, I'd like to see others talk about this as well.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Oh wow...I'm just about to send an order to them for the first at the end of this month, I'd like to see others talk about this as well.
    Yeah, hopefully I can get some clarification. I sent an email asking if the invoice was accurate but I don’t expect a reply before tomorrow. I’ve seen plenty of people talk about getting their books done there and I’ve never seen anybody mention really high shipping costs when they talk about how much it cost them for their order, so something seems off.

I have to believe if it costs $75+ just in shipping per book somebody would have mentioned that at some point here, right?

It has to be an error.

Yeah, hopefully I can get some clarification. I sent an email asking if the invoice was accurate but I don’t expect a reply before tomorrow. I’ve seen plenty of people talk about getting their books done there and I’ve never seen anybody mention really high shipping costs when they talk about how much it cost them for their order, so something seems off.

I have to believe if it costs $75+ just in shipping per book somebody would have mentioned that at some point here, right?

It has to be an error.
    If I recall, I usually had things shipped media mail and it was like $20-30 or thereabouts for a big box of books. I’ve had orders that are 10, 15, 20 binds and shipping wasn’t an issue. This was over two years ago, so things may have changed, but yeah, $253 seems a bit extreme.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    If I recall, I usually had things shipped media mail and it was like $20-30 or thereabouts for a big box of books. I’ve had orders that are 10, 15, 20 binds and shipping wasn’t an issue. This was over two years ago, so things may have changed, but yeah, $253 seems a bit extreme.
    Thanks for the insight. I guess I’ll know by tomorrow hopefully. I saw that number and something didn’t seem right.

I just checked my invoice from a couple months ago the shipping and handling was 21 dollars for 5 books.

Thanks for the insight. I guess I’ll know by tomorrow hopefully. I saw that number and something didn’t seem right.
    Did they ever get back to you on this?

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Alright, so after several false starts the last few years due to all that boring real-life stuff, I am finally prepared to send in my first batch of books for binding. I've chosen Houchen for the job because I really like those graphic covers, and a basic $25 a book fits my current budget and means I can get lots done. But, I do have a few questions for all the vets here:

1. I'll be sending in for 6 volumes of Post-Crisis Superman stuff, mostly sending floppies. I have my books mostly prepped, but what are everyones opinions on this type of paper? It's the old newsprint kind, the type where your hands are covered in ink if you handle them like a monkey; I was shooting for default dfab (again, trying to keep cost down), will that work out ok for this type of paper?

2. On a couple of my binds, I decided not to hunt down some issues that I already had as tpb's...for example, I have Panic In the Sky & Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite as trades, but they are printed on slightly better paper than the other floppies in the volume. Houchen says you can combine floppies with trades, but again - what do you guys think? Outside of the visual differences, will this mess up the newsprint pages in any way?

I know Dick Grayson here once had floppies of PC Supes from Byrne through the end of Death of Clark Kent bound very beautifully, so I know that cheap old newsprint paper can be bound, but I guess I'm still nervous about it. DC switched to better paper around '91 or so, so I'm only looking at a few years worth of books.

Any help/opinions/etc would be greatly appreciated! Looks like I'm shipping them off in about 3 weeks.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Alright, so after several false starts the last few years due to all that boring real-life stuff, I am finally prepared to send in my first batch of books for binding. I've chosen Houchen for the job because I really like those graphic covers, and a basic $25 a book fits my current budget and means I can get lots done. But, I do have a few questions for all the vets here:

1. I'll be sending in for 6 volumes of Post-Crisis Superman stuff, mostly sending floppies. I have my books mostly prepped, but what are everyones opinions on this type of paper? It's the old newsprint kind, the type where your hands are covered in ink if you handle them like a monkey; I was shooting for default dfab (again, trying to keep cost down), will that work out ok for this type of paper?

2. On a couple of my binds, I decided not to hunt down some issues that I already had as tpb's...for example, I have Panic In the Sky & Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite as trades, but they are printed on slightly better paper than the other floppies in the volume. Houchen says you can combine floppies with trades, but again - what do you guys think? Outside of the visual differences, will this mess up the newsprint pages in any way?

I know Dick Grayson here once had floppies of PC Supes from Byrne through the end of Death of Clark Kent bound very beautifully, so I know that cheap old newsprint paper can be bound, but I guess I'm still nervous about it. DC switched to better paper around '91 or so, so I'm only looking at a few years worth of books.

Any help/opinions/etc would be greatly appreciated! Looks like I'm shipping them off in about 3 weeks.

Dude ? All honesty? Paper is paper ...The key in this Case is determining the condition of the 80s pages...If they're not yellowing then getting them bound will actually prevent them from doing so better then keeping them in bags and boards. Now you say you're going to be combin floppies and trades so the key for you is figuring water you will becoming with DFAB or oversewn. If you're going with the latter then I say you should keep the issue count around 24 or so and take put as many ads as you can...(80s DC Comics have a lot of double sided ads which can be removed without taking out a story page) ...If you want more issues per book then I suggest dfab...
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Dude ? All honesty? Paper is paper ...The key in this Case is determining the condition of the 80s pages...If they're not yellowing then getting them bound will actually prevent them from doing so better then keeping them in bags and boards. Now you say you're going to be combin floppies and trades so the key for you is figuring water you will becoming with DFAB or oversewn. If you're going with the latter then I say you should keep the issue count around 24 or so and take put as many ads as you can...(80s DC Comics have a lot of double sided ads which can be removed without taking out a story page) ...If you want more issues per book then I suggest dfab...
    Paper is paper...got it. I appreciate the response, I know it was a silly question but...first bind and all that lol

Thanks!

All-New Member

Finally got my first set of custom bound comics: The first three out of six volumes for my Knightfall set.

I made my own Table of Contents and similar pages, trying to match the style of the official Knightfall Omnibus.

I personally think Legends of the Dark Knight 16-20: Venom is an essential part of the Knightfall story, so my book starts there.