Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Chuck Dixon's Nightwing in three volumes (you'll quickly see I've REALLY gotten into spreading an image across multiple spines):

Whoa!! Dude, those are so cool! I have a bunch of books soon to be ready to be bound but haven't decided on which Bindery to use. Which one did you use and how much did it cost to do those covers and spines like that?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Whoa!! Dude, those are so cool! I have a bunch of books soon to be ready to be bound but haven't decided on which Bindery to use. Which one did you use and how much did it cost to do those covers and spines like that?
    Thanks man! I use Houchen for the binding and art-on-cover, but I did the design myself. They charge $22 for 1-2 volumes of art on cover, $20 for 3-4, and $18 for 5+. I also do graphic design for hire (as well as handle other binding-related tasks like issue prep and so forth), so feel free to PM me or email me at comicbindingpro@gmail.com if you'd want something like that, I'm happy to help

Thanks man! I use Houchen for the binding and art-on-cover, but I did the design myself. They charge $22 for 1-2 volumes of art on cover, $20 for 3-4, and $18 for 5+. I also do graphic design for hire (as well as handle other binding-related tasks like issue prep and so forth), so feel free to PM me or email me at comicbindingpro@gmail.com if you'd want something like that, I'm happy to help
    Hey, that's really nice of you. Thanks a lot. I have the whole 2nd vol of DD, the Exiles run and T-Bolts runs plus some other misc books to get bound. I just haven't had the time to figure out how to do the design thing like you did. I'll pm you. Thanks again!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Those are all beautiful!!!!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The aligning spines is mind-bending to me. How do you know how wide each one will be so you can break up the image?!?!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The aligning spines is mind-bending to me. How do you know how wide each one will be so you can break up the image?!?!
    Basically once I've prepped the books, I measure the thickness of each stack so I'm in the ballpark, and design the art with those measurements. Then the bindery provides me with the final dimensions once the book is bound, and I size things accordingly and send them that final sized art. Sometimes the toughest part is finding an image that works well and fits though.

Fantastic Member

Ostrander's Wasteland:

I also did another Nightwing volume containing everything post-Bruce Jones up through the end of the series (plus I threw in the two Nightwing/Oracle Convergence issues and some other items), all of Andreyko's Manhunter (including the Streets of Gotham backups) in one massive volume, a couple Teen Titans-related books, and a Chuck Dixon Robin volume containing some early stories to match some previous binds of the series I did. It feels like Christmas!
    Dude this is great! I have all of Wasteland and it is one of many runs I've been wanting to bind. I may hit you up about this soon. I've actually began doing it on my own and it is pretty easy, but when it comes to designing and printing a cover I'm baffled. I have a couple runs all sewn up and glued and ready for covers.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Dude this is great! I have all of Wasteland and it is one of many runs I've been wanting to bind. I may hit you up about this soon. I've actually began doing it on my own and it is pretty easy, but when it comes to designing and printing a cover I'm baffled. I have a couple runs all sewn up and glued and ready for covers.
    I'm happy to share covers I've already created, just let me know. And if you have something I've not done, we can work something out. I always make table of contents pages as well, I'll post some pics, you're welcome to those too. For Wasteland I also printed out as many of the house ads for the era that I could find as bonus material, since they don't appear in the issues themselves.

The text on the back is by Michel Fiffe, from this interview: http://www.factualopinion.com/the_fa...interview.html

Also makes for great bonus material.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 09-09-2015 at 05:33 AM.

really freakin' awesome designs man!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Some great new volumes (said this existing customer).

It's Christmas whenever I get new volumes in the mail. I map to get that high from new volumes in the mail.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The aligning spines is mind-bending to me
    Right?! How cool are those! I have had about 20 books bound and I've never had any books look as amazing as these

Thanks guys! I'll plan to post some more pictures with inside contents etc at the site. A huge part of the fun is sharing how they turned out though, seeing people's reactions. Love it!

My two books. Sorry guys but the photos did not turn out good. The books look really good in person.

DC Universe Classics vol 1

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

What did you collect in your "DC Universe Classics vol 1"? Cool looking volume.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Carton Network All-Stars

Last edited by Gaastra; 09-16-2015 at 08:15 AM.